• Nov 23rd, 2021 7:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7721 posts
5703 upvotes
Toronto

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (FX) - Renewed for Season 15

So bizarre that this series doesn't have a thread kicking around.
The last I found by search was specific to season 7, with an OP who has not been seen since 2016.

This show is legendary.
Crazy to think how the show started back in the day of CRT screen dimensions, and that Danny Devito joined the cast in the second season (as the legendary Frank Reynolds). Enjoyed this read on what his approach was when he joined:

Why Danny DeVito Joined It's Always Sunny, According To Rob McElhenney
For me, I remember Danny DeVito came on in the second season of [It’s Always Sunny] which was 13 years ago, and he's a comedic icon and a hero of mine, and [he asked] at one point on set, ‘How do you want me to say it?’ And I said, ‘Well, just say it whatever way you think is funniest.’ And he said, ‘No, I want you to tell me what's funny.’ And I remember going, ‘You want me to tell you what's funny?’ He's like, ‘Yeah, you're the young person, and the reason I signed on to this show was because I want to stay fresh and relevant, and if I don't, then I'm just going to become a dinosaur.’ That was a real learning experience for me. And as I continued to make that show and then others, I've surrounded myself with young people.
Words to live by.
Perhaps something to consider for the many here of a certain age?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
7 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23456 posts
5493 upvotes
Toronto
I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - the cast and writing are hilarious....

I think of it as a raunchier, crazy version of Seinfeld!

Rob McElhenney is hilarious - dood has the new TV show about gaming (Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet) - I haven't watched it but the preview looks funny too!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16332 posts
21351 upvotes
Toronto
'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's record-breaking 15th season - which will see The Gang tackling pandemic aid, cancel culture, and going to Ireland - has received a release date.

https://collider.com/its-always-sunny-i ... ease-date/

Season 15 will span eight episodes, and will premiere on December 1 on FXX and will stream the next day on FX on Hulu
Destiny is all
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7721 posts
5703 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's record-breaking 15th season - which will see The Gang tackling pandemic aid, cancel culture, and going to Ireland - has received a release date.

https://collider.com/its-always-sunny-i ... ease-date/

Season 15 will span eight episodes, and will premiere on December 1 on FXX and will stream the next day on FX on Hulu
Wonder if one of the episodes will be "The Gang Gets Quarantined (Again)".

Hairless nearly naked Frank, covered in sanitizer: "I just want to be pure...."
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16332 posts
21351 upvotes
Toronto
Season 15: Official Trailer
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4826 posts
920 upvotes
Georgetown
I never made the connection to Rob McElhenney... smh... I just started binging Mythic Quest (which is insanely good!)... it started strong, and really kicked into high gear as it finished off season 1 (their pandemic episode was Gold).

I always had "It's Always Sunny..." on my radar but have never given it a fair shot before... once I finish off Mythic Quest I just might have to circle back on this one...
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16332 posts
21351 upvotes
Toronto
Fully Exposed - Preview
Destiny is all
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7721 posts
5703 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: Season 15: Official Trailer
Didn't watch this til now.
The gang goes to Ireland!?!

When you think about it, almost remarkable that the ”80's European trip episodes" sitcom staple wasn't already implemented.

Bonus points for anyone who can name shows that did this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)