The Welcome to RedFlagDeals.com Forum

It's hard if you love traveling and you can't travel :-)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 2:20 pm
[OP]
Aug 26, 2021
3 posts
2 upvotes

It's hard if you love traveling and you can't travel :-)

As my username indicates, I have been bitten by a travel bug. But it's kind of hard to do right now with what's going on in the world. So here I am on the forum checking out different deals for now and in the future.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1767 posts
810 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
Welcome travelbugbite. There's always lots of local places that would be worth discovering...sometimes right under our noses.
Sep 27, 2021
4 posts
2 upvotes
I feel the same way! I usually get our of the country at least once a year. I haven't traveled since March 2020 Confused Face
Dec 24, 2007
964 posts
1521 upvotes
If you live close to a major urban center in canada, chris myden's websites are something you need to know about:
https://www.yyzdeals.com/ (for toronto, there are others)

i also like secretflying
https://secretflying.com/

i was a full time traveller before covid. i had spreadsheets to make sure i met the 153 day per year residency requirement in ontario for OHIP coverage, usually spending summers with my parents in toronto.

I drove to the USA in january 2021 to see my brother, and i am going back to the USA at the end of next week, but haven't been on a plane in 16 months. I am fully vaccinated and excited to get back to it, see you out there!
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15302 posts
20644 upvotes
Vancouver
travelbugbite wrote: As my username indicates, I have been bitten by a travel bug. But it's kind of hard to do right now with what's going on in the world. So here I am on the forum checking out different deals for now and in the future.
Welcome to RFD, @travelbugbite. During the pandemic my spouse I have been taking advantage of credit card promos and racking in the welcome bonuses. Mostly in the form of Aeroplan points or points that can be converted to Aeroplan. We will soon have enough to fly the whole family to Europe and back. Got a ton of hotel points too. Might as well make the most of the situation!