[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6473 posts
3110 upvotes
Germany

It's here, it's here, it's here. Car and Driver's Lightning Lap 2017

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/li ... ir-feature

I've said it before: GM has the best chassis and drive train engineers in the world. The Camaro ZL1 1LE just provides more ammunition for the argument.

Edit: Also a fantastic showing from Honda.
7 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20536 posts
5990 upvotes
GTA
Awesome!

Edit: A lot of missing cars and manufacturers this year eh
Dec 8, 2001
29 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
Good find! Here's hoping MT BDC 2017 covers some of the missing suspects: '18 STI , Type R, GT etc...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6473 posts
3110 upvotes
Germany
IgNite wrote: Good find! Here's hoping MT BDC 2017 covers some of the missing suspects: '18 STI , Type R, GT etc...
While interesting, I think it was the right call to bring in the Civic Si. Look at its time. It's down at least 20 horsepower (likely more because of how high the GTI dynos) and yet it's several tenths faster than a Golf GTI with the sport package (power increase, bigger brakes, eLSD). This is a testament to how well sorted the Civic chassis is and the work that Honda put into the suspension. I am really looking forward to the next ILX if they bring back the Type-S or Type-R trim for it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31267 posts
17836 upvotes
Toronto
I see mine made it to the Fastest sedan in LL history Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 8, 2001
29 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: I see mine made it to the Fastest sedan in LL history Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Enjoy the beast good health!
Dec 8, 2001
29 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
unshavenyak wrote: While interesting, I think it was the right call to bring in the Civic Si. Look at its time. It's down at least 20 horsepower (likely more because of how high the GTI dynos) and yet it's several tenths faster than a Golf GTI with the sport package (power increase, bigger brakes, eLSD). This is a testament to how well sorted the Civic chassis is and the work that Honda put into the suspension. I am really looking forward to the next ILX if they bring back the Type-S or Type-R trim for it.
Agreed on all point, being over 100+ pounds lighter certainly helps. 2 door vs 4 door is also a non-factor for the Si as there is only a 11Kg diff between both - penalty free performance! I think offering some form of an auto box would increase the take rate - maybe learn something from the WRX CVT. Still, would love to see the numbers on a18 STI vs Type R and the Focus RS!