Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
iTunes

Everybody Loves Raymond, The Entourage Complete Series $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 9:15 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3577 upvotes
NFN_NLN wrote: This is a bizarre way to openly admit that you're afraid of intelligent men.
Sorry, which show listed has anything close to an "intelligent man" in it? lol.
Prime time sitcoms that employ laugh tracks are usually considered the worst written shows one can sit through.
May 12, 2009
468 posts
1016 upvotes
Is there a way to watch iTunes purchased content on a Windows PC with a different media player than iTunes? The iTunes watching experience seriously sucks...
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
2432 posts
3017 upvotes
Hamilton
Six Feet Under is also on for $29.99 for the complete series.
May 12, 2009
468 posts
1016 upvotes
Chopramo wrote: Planning to get Raymond but came across this:

https://screencrush.com/you-dont-own-yo ... es-movies/

Never purchased from iTunes before, would like some assurance before I buy.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks
The answer to both the issue raised by you and my question from above seems to be the same: download the media in iTunes, then convert it to a commonly used format and remove the DRM in the process, then own it forever and play it with your favorite media player. I hope this is still possible, as the articles I read after a quick research seem to be a couple of years old.
Sep 22, 2008
622 posts
420 upvotes
Orangeville
bubaglobalj wrote: Thanks! Does something similar exist for Google Play Movies?
Love to know this too. CheapCharts has the Google Play store for the US but not Canada unfortunately. So far I have only been able to rely on their own store front sales. Just in case anyone's also interested, I have been eyeing The Wire completed series on sale there for $29.99, all in, this week. Lethal Weapon 1-3 is also 4.99 per season. Not sure when the sale is over.

Store front: https://play.google.com/store/movies?hl=en

The Wire
The Wire Complete Series

Lethal Weapon
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Images
  • GooglePlaySales.png
May 11, 2005
513 posts
394 upvotes
Brampton
horiah00 wrote: The answer to both the issue raised by you and my question from above seems to be the same: download the media in iTunes, then convert it to a commonly used format and remove the DRM in the process, then own it forever and play it with your favorite media player. I hope this is still possible, as the articles I read after a quick research seem to be a couple of years old.
My preliminary research suggest it is possible. If I find a particular software/media player I will share details
Aug 25, 2010
188 posts
333 upvotes
Said212 wrote: If I buy this, I can stream it from my Macbook / iPad, correct? I don't have to download the files onto my hard drive?
Yup, you can stream or download on your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad using the iTunes / Apple TV app
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
NFN_NLN wrote: This is a bizarre way to openly admit that you're afraid of intelligent men.
He's not wrong, my wife watched KofQ and BBT and I can attest that they are both trash TV sitcoms.
Neither tackle anything particularly inspiring or interesting and you really don't need a laugh track if you want to be funny,

Granted, there are older good shows with laugh tracks (ex. Seinfeld). But they didn't really need it (it was tradition) and these 'good' shows definitely tackled important issues while remaining hilarious.
'The Bet' and 'The couch' episodes are particularly noteworthy imo. They tackled masturbation and abortion in the early 90s during prime time TV! I was too young to appreciate the impact but it seems pretty obvious to me that most modern shows are trash by comparison to the recent past.

In the end it depends on what you're looking for. If it's purely to turn off your brain, modern sitcoms are great. I just can't sit for 20-40 minutes listening to repetitive subtle sexual innuendos and fart jokes. When I want to do that I watch stand up comedy (usually while under the influence).
So to correct myself, I don't see any value in those shows but I understand how others can like them. So it's unfair to label them as trash tv for everyone..
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: If I buy this, I can stream it from my Macbook / iPad, correct? I don't have to download the files onto my hard drive?
Correct, you can stream or download.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)