Expired Hot Deals

Ivanhoe Cambridge Black Friday

Ivanhoe Cambridge mall Gift Card 10% back (BC, AB, ON OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2022 7:56 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22774 posts
10609 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Agree in a way...but look at the CF "promo", waiving a $2.50 fee on purchase of $100 minimum GC is much worse than forcing you to use a free $25 gift card within 2 months imo.
I don't think they are apples to apples though.
I think CF is trying to get the "gift of the season" sale by saying there's no extra fees for 2 months ... Spend your money with the mall and your receiver can spend it wherever they want (and at their mall).

I know at the end of the day they are all "gift card promotions" but I just don't think they are on the same strategies and I imagine the CF promotion will be quite successful for them, regardless that it's not good to most of us.

And I was more referring to the CF promotions from the summer time, not the one they are currently running.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
DaVibe wrote: I don't think they are apples to apples though.
I think CF is trying to get the "gift of the season" sale by saying there's no extra fees for 2 months ... Spend your money with the mall and your receiver can spend it wherever they want (and at their mall).

I know at the end of the day they are all "gift card promotions" but I just don't think they are on the same strategies and I imagine the CF promotion will be quite successful for them, regardless that it's not good to most of us.

And I was more referring to the CF promotions from the summer time, not the one they are currently running.
IMO I would say it's quite apples to apples seeing that they are launched pretty much the same time frame and like you said, "gc promotions", even if it's with different target market/strategies (i really dont see any difference but i suck at marketing so I wont get into that :lol: ).

TBH charging a fee to buy a gc is crazy to begin with, oxford/ivanhoe dont have any of those. So waiving a fee (which got raised no less!) with a minimum spent as a promo is a slap in the face. CF just dont want us to have good stuff, the summer promo you have to fight bots to book a spot online, and now this. I highly doubt this promo will be successful at all. If CF knows this promo will be a hit they would have make you book spots to buy them.

I am getting out of topic oops my bad my bad! but at the end of the day ivanhoe is more reasonable seeing they have a much better promo, and teaming up with amex to give us a even better return. Just sucks that they only have two malls in the GTA area.
Feb 12, 2020
367 posts
553 upvotes
Using Oxford gift cards to pay for Freedom mobile has worked. Freedom mobile charges a transaction fee (to add to the things that are ridiculous, they charge you extra for paying your bill in person? Gee, those POS fees must be suuuuuper high) but one can combine the gift card amounts on a single card. Fee is paid once with the single card.

I was told at the Ivanhoe Cambridge mall that the cards cannot be combined together and the Shaw store CSR told me that I could use a credit card to pay my bill but not a mall gift card. I didn't check with freedom mobile.

Personally I have my doubts, she could have just told me no because she didn't know the answer. Or maybe they don't accept Amex in store and therefore can't accept the gift card?

I have no data points on CF. No need to buy their gift cards, the gc sale never happened at the CF malls around me and Amex will not have offers with them.

TLDR
-Follow rules of RFD, buy first, regret later.
-Bill payments: Just go up to the booth or store and ask. Or call them at the store and ask.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19265 posts
7689 upvotes
Toronto
How sure are you guys this is an “expiring” card? Last year it was not…
Nov 29, 2013
484 posts
820 upvotes
TORONTO
deal_with_singh wrote: How sure are you guys this is an “expiring” card? Last year it was not…
I just got off the phone with Vaughan Mills guest services. The lady confirmed the promo starting Monday and also confirmed the bonus card DOES expire. She didn't have them with her so she couldn't confirm the expiry date but she said may be as little as 30 days from date of purchase. I'll pass this year. This wasn't the case last time I bought this deal.
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
cymrules wrote: I just got off the phone with Vaughan Mills guest services. The lady confirmed the promo starting Monday and also confirmed the bonus card DOES expire. She didn't have them with her so she couldn't confirm the expiry date but she said may be as little as 30 days from date of purchase. I'll pass this year. This wasn't the case last time I bought this deal.
Good stuff, thanks for confirming, post +1ed. I will just use the $25 to buy another GC when I go in to get the card (since the purpose here for me is getting the $40 from Amex). Will be trying my luck at SDM again (and likely fail).
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3704 posts
1820 upvotes
Vancouver
Just be aware that Ivanhoe Cambridge has sold a number of malls in the past year. Off the top of my head:

- Mayfair (Victoria)
- Woodgrove (Nanaimo)
- Mic Mac (Dartmouth)
- Bayshore (Ottawa)

So you'll want to double-check with your local mall if they're participating or not.
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
WasifHasan wrote: So how does this work if we buy an online e gift card code online? Do we get a second code that expires in 2 months?
You wont be getting an e-gc, you have to go into the mall to get the physical cards. So in this case, likely one normal GC of $250, and another one for $25.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1229 posts
2384 upvotes
Vancouver
Good morning everyone.

I arrived at metro early so here is a transcription of my potato photo. Remember, other locations likely have different thresholds and limits.
Buy $250 in gift cards to get an exclusive $25 bonus card.

Offer valid from November 15 to 28, 2021. While quantities last. Limit up to $300 bonus cards per customer per day. Valid in-mall and online.

$300 bonus cards is a very reasonable limit. That equals 12 transactions totalling $3000 out of pocket.

Hope this helps!

Please post other locations details when they come available. If it is similar to last time, as long as you purchase from malls within the same province, you can pickup cards from another location.
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
soymilkslam wrote: Buy $250 in gift cards to get an exclusive $25 bonus card.

Offer valid from November 15 to 28, 2021. While quantities last. Limit up to $300 bonus cards per customer per day. Valid in-mall and online.
thanks, it's interesting that they didnt mention when or whether the bonus gc will expire.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6237 posts
4751 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Good morning everyone.

I arrived at metro early so here is a transcription of my potato photo. Remember, other locations likely have different thresholds and limits.

$300 bonus cards is a very reasonable limit. That equals 12 transactions totalling $3000 out of pocket.

Hope this helps!

Please post other locations details when they come available. If it is similar to last time, as long as you purchase from malls within the same province, you can pickup cards from another location.
Thanks. It’s great that it can be stacked with Amex referral bonus!!!!
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Aug 22, 2021
298 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga
WasifHasan wrote:
So how does this work if we buy an online e gift card code online? Do we get a second code that expires in 2 months?
angel_wing0 wrote: You wont be getting an e-gc, you have to go into the mall to get the physical cards. So in this case, likely one normal GC of $250, and another one for $25.
No I mean when we buy the gift card online we get a code to redeem at guest services right? So I’m going to make the purchase online, do I have to go to guest services before the 28th to get the bonus gift card then? Or do we get a separate code like oxford does it?

Usually I wait a few months till I’m in the area to go in.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
8611 posts
2126 upvotes
Burnaby
WasifHasan wrote: So how does this work if we buy an online e gift card code online? Do we get a second code that expires in 2 months?
Online purchase still needs in person activating. You bring the order number to customer service and they will activate a long expiring/renewable pink card and a short expiry black card for you. Recommend making an appointment

From back to school promo, wait for two pickup notices before going in. One will be for the main gift card and the other will be the bonus card

Back to school Guildford did spend 200 and get 20, which aligned better with Amex offer
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
WasifHasan wrote: No I mean when we buy the gift card online we get a code to redeem at guest services right? So I’m going to make the purchase online, do I have to go to guest services before the 28th to get the bonus gift card then? Or do we get a separate code like oxford does it?
Not sure, but i would say you should go in before the 28th to get the bonus gc just to be safe, since the bonus gc does expire so a few months you will likely be screwed.
Aug 22, 2021
298 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga
crimsona wrote:
Online purchase still needs in person activating. You bring the order number to customer service and they will activate a long expiring/renewable pink card and a short expiry black card for you. Recommend making an appointment

From back to school promo, wait for two pickup notices before going in. One will be for the main gift card and the other will be the bonus card

Back to school Guildford did spend 200 and get 20, which aligned better with Amex offer
angel_wing0 wrote: Not sure, but i would say you should go in before the 28th to get the bonus gc just to be safe, since the bonus gc does expire so a few months you will likely be screwed.
Umm ok. So sounds like even if I purchase this online on the first day, there is no guarantee that there will be a bonus card saved for me when I go into pick it up on the last day? If a lot of ppl bought and they run out.

Thanks guys.
Mar 23, 2004
46884 posts
12818 upvotes
Markham
Poutinesauce wrote: Is there any proof anywhere that it's available for all Ivanhoe malls?
nope, we will know on Monday.
WasifHasan wrote: Umm ok. So sounds like even if I purchase this online on the first day, there is no guarantee that there will be a bonus card saved for me when I go into pick it up on the last day?
I would say if you paid already it should be saved for you (unless you go in after the bonus GC has expired of course)...but there are no terms to read as of now so it's all speculation.
Jun 14, 2020
113 posts
88 upvotes
Can we buy other gift cards using this gift card at Walmart metrotown?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11470 posts
96558 upvotes
Ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: thanks, it's interesting that they didnt mention when or whether the bonus gc will expire.
GC never expires. It is against the law.

However, bonus cards do expire.

Ivanbridge is offering an extra $25 GC so they won't be expired at anytime.

London drugs offered $25 PROMO CARDS and they expired after 30 days.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Link: Costco West |May 2 - 29 | 182 pics| 1 month promo
Link:Costco West | May 2 - May 15 | 27 pics| Executive coupons