• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 12:51 pm
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6387 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
If this is cable, I would say it's a good deal. The only issue would be that ivctel would likely have to get Videotron to do on site support. If it's DSL, there are lots of options. I see also that the price goes up to $49.95 after a year. Given the $59.95 installation cost, that becomes more important.

I have no idea about their reputation.
Phils
Jul 14, 2004
255 posts
172 upvotes
it's cable ... i'm using it currently ... FYI its CIK Telecom branded as IVC. So far so good but CIK is known to throttle, though i can't confirm they do that on cable yet.
Nov 12, 2013
127 posts
257 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
xriddle wrote: it's cable ... i'm using it currently ... FYI its CIK Telecom branded as IVC. So far so good but CIK is known to throttle, though i can't confirm they do that on cable yet.
I’ve been throttled on cable with their reseller Cannet in Ottawa. The support kept trying to push me to upgrade from 150mb to 300mb claiming it would “resolve” my issue but I wasn’t getting anywhere near 150mb down already so that was an easy no. I ended up leaving for Bell since they had a promo.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2593 posts
2011 upvotes
GTA
Stay away from Cannet.

My friend had his worst nightmare with Cannet. Example, when my friend had issue with connectivity (he suspected it was their throttle trick), he called for support. The subpar support who was super rude, told my friend to check the rating of the power adapter of the modem (and the power adapter that came with the modem) provided by Cannet.

What a joke !!!
¸

- - - - -
;)
Nov 28, 2018
37 posts
12 upvotes
Why you guys so harsh to this new company, my friend actually got this deal last month, no complains about the connection so far.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3718 posts
2039 upvotes
CIK and Cannet are the worst ISPs in Canada, perhaps even in the world. Stay away from them and anyone who rides on the CIK infrastructure.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1085 posts
1924 upvotes
Ontario
xriddle wrote: it's cable ... i'm using it currently ... FYI its CIK Telecom branded as IVC. So far so good but CIK is known to throttle, though i can't confirm they do that on cable yet.
So is it effectively a reseller of a wholesaler of videotron? That sounds like a nightmare when something goes wrong with the line and someone needs support and has to get through not one, but two, doors before Videtron will dispatch.
Sep 29, 2012
24 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
I'm using their service since March and no problem
Images
  • Screenshot_20200502_145012_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg
Jul 14, 2004
255 posts
172 upvotes
emericolenga wrote: I'm using their service since March and no problem
My results have been similar ... other than the CIK stink on the deal the service has been solid and reliable. Same like the Fizz service i had before this. Videotron didnt even show up for the switch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)