Expired Hot Deals

[IVCTel] [QC] IVCTEL 100/30 mbps/unlimited - 39.95$(first year)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 10:46 pm
Tags:
Nov 18, 2012
983 posts
567 upvotes
blackCold wrote: I am not sure how these ISP can still afford offering such low prices when u see companies such ebox and teksavvy facing major issues due to wholesale internet new prices not being applied.

To me either quality will not be there or there is something I am not following...

Also owner of IVT Comm is the same as CIK. So before switching, I would strongly advise reading more on this forum about CIK and quality of its service
im renting temporally from a place where they have altima net, so a discount ISP.

They have the 100mbps plan and it's the biggest piece of shit ive ever hard, and i've lived a decade in south east asia. It's worse than the ISP i've had on an island in Myanmar.

The internet dies every 30m for a min or so

All that to save 5$ per month.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2089 posts
1109 upvotes
Montreal
Hi this is the OP of the Quebec Internet Deals thread. Please feel free to share your Quebec internet deals here: best-internet-deals-quebec-2146261
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Mar 24, 2007
906 posts
518 upvotes
if ur a Cannet customer, IVC has an agreement with them to not take Cannet customers unless you cancelled for at least 6 months... (both under CIK )
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2089 posts
1109 upvotes
Montreal
blackCold wrote: I am not sure how these ISP can still afford offering such low prices when u see companies such ebox and teksavvy facing major issues due to wholesale internet new prices not being applied.

To me either quality will not be there or there is something I am not following...

Also owner of IVT Comm is the same as CIK. So before switching, I would strongly advise reading more on this forum about CIK and quality of its service
AgedOne wrote: Direct link: https://www.ivctel.com/Internet/Plan/MK ... _Cable_100

As others have said, they use Videotron exclusively. If you're in Cogeco-land, it's a no-go.
moofachuka wrote: if ur a Cannet customer, IVC has an agreement with them to not take Cannet customers unless you cancelled for at least 6 months... (both under CIK )
Guys, please read the fine print. You need to pay $60 for activation and there is NO WIRELESS ROUTER INCLUDED. That is about $160 you need to spend. They are offering to rent you a wireless router for $5/month.

So effectively, this deal is actually $39.95+$5/month (activation)+$5 wifi router= $49.95/month for the first year and $54.95 for the second year.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Mar 24, 2007
906 posts
518 upvotes
deal_king wrote: Guys, please read the fine print. You need to pay $60 for activation and there is NO WIRELESS ROUTER INCLUDED. That is about $160 you need to spend. They are offering to rent you a wireless router for $5/month.

So effectively, this deal is actually $39.95+$5/month (activation)+$5 wifi router= $49.95/month for the first year and $54.95 for the second year.
I have my own router.... they offer modem rental for free
Nov 28, 2018
31 posts
11 upvotes
Seems a not bad deal. Do not care about the promotion period, at least you could enjoy the first year right? It's a new company, that's why they need to occupy the market!
Sep 23, 2007
223 posts
43 upvotes
Yul
We need more information from people who are using their service. That's the only way we can start making some sort of opinion on the quality.

So everyone reading this.... SHARE your experience.

Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up Sign
Sep 23, 2007
223 posts
43 upvotes
Yul
Did you end up going with them ? Has anyone else signed up with IVCTEL ?

Thanks for sharing Rainbow
[OP]
Mar 5, 2013
31 posts
147 upvotes
Montr
Just got the connection,
It's 9:44pm in Qc so maybe the rush is passed.
It looks alright for now
Images
  • speed.png
Jan 3, 2017
127 posts
193 upvotes
Just go with Fizz man, It's $60 for 120Mbps, $50 for 60Mbps, no install or modem fees and they don't throttle downloads. It's also a Videotron subsidiary so if something breaks Videotron themselves will get it patched up real quick.
I literally could not be more satisfied with the experience, 100% rock solid.
Sep 23, 2007
223 posts
43 upvotes
Yul
bachibusuc wrote: Just got the connection,
It's 9:44pm in Qc so maybe the rush is passed.
It looks alright for now
That looks good Ok Hand Sign Let us know how it keeps going.
Thanks for sharing the information.
Will help others making a decision Winking Face
Stay safe Rainbow Everyone
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2812 posts
841 upvotes
Montreal
deal_king wrote: Guys, please read the fine print. You need to pay $60 for activation and there is NO WIRELESS ROUTER INCLUDED. That is about $160 you need to spend. They are offering to rent you a wireless router for $5/month.

For me, not having to deal with there DSL/PPPOE equipement and wireless router is +.
I use my own equipement, I dont want the hassle of double nating or bridging.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2812 posts
841 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know if they offer a SMTP mail server adress for outgpoing mail?
Like for videotron it's: relais.videotron.ca
Ebox is: smtp.electronicbox.net
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Apr 6, 2020
27 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
My Rogers deal 150u $45 will end soon. Is that possible IVCTEL can match it in Ontario?
Mar 22, 2020
15 posts
7 upvotes
linsayanna wrote: My Rogers deal 150u $45 will end soon. Is that possible IVCTEL can match it in Ontario?
I called in for ON and they said they have plans for ON too.
Almost everything is same bt instead of 100m, they have 150m plan for ON for 49.95
refer to this - https://www.ivctel.com/Internet/Plan
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2487 posts
2035 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rkt1337 wrote:
im renting temporally from a place where they have altima net, so a discount ISP.

They have the 100mbps plan and it's the biggest piece of shit ive ever hard, and i've lived a decade in south east asia. It's worse than the ISP i've had on an island in Myanmar.

The internet dies every 30m for a min or so

All that to save 5$ per month.
I've been with Altimatel for nearly 4 years now, and they are pretty good honestly (better than many other ISPs). Your situation I'm sure is NOT related to altimatel, but rather the cheap router your landlord is probably using to pretend he is including free internet in your rent. In the 4 years I've been with them, I think the service went down 3 times max, and that was for super short period. Once they actually sent an email to all customers about a "potential" 5 minute outage as they did some hardware mods in data center, and that was at 2am in the morning. And the 2 other times it was like a 5 minute glitch.. By the time I rebooted the modem, everything was back to normal. I'm using a Ubiquity Edgerouter EL3 for my main router, and 2 Cisco Access points for my WiFi. Pretty damn solid.

Myself and at least 10 of my colleagues at the office are with Altimatel, and not a single complaint so far, and we all have kids at home doing online gaming, our phones are all VoIP, and we do a lot of streaming. Myself I do well over 1TB/month in downloads and it is solid. I have even created a separate SSID for my tenant (with limited speed - 10% of my max speed), since he doesn't have unlimited, so he uses mine when he approaches his limits.
Keep in mind this is with Cable service (videotron technology), not DSL/FTTx bell technology (I will never touch bell again - for anything).

Can't compare internet services here, with Asia. Big difference. We are like a 3rd world country for that stuff due to regulations and lack of population density. When I was in Tokyo for a 6 month period, nearly 10 years ago, the slowest I could get was a 100mbps direct fiber drop.

xmat128x wrote: Just go with Fizz man, It's $60 for 120Mbps, $50 for 60Mbps, no install or modem fees and they don't throttle downloads. It's also a Videotron subsidiary so if something breaks Videotron themselves will get it patched up real quick.
I literally could not be more satisfied with the experience, 100% rock solid.
I have considered it so many times (because it honestly is a nice solid, no nonsense price for a service with no contracts, no installation costs, and no modem fees), And being pretty much Videotron's little brother, give them a little bit of an advantage.
But Everytime I consider switching, Altimatel renews my promo and offers me yearly discounts (for prepaying for a year). Which easily saves me 25% over fizz. But if I did not get any of these discounts, I would certainly jump to fizz and would have close to ZERO downtime since it is also a Videotron service. Also, the fact that Altimatel has never harassed me or complained about the huge amount of data I use, and the content I download, is also a plus. With many other ISP, I would have certainly received a few letters by now.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3026 posts
12726 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Emporium wrote: I've been with Altimatel for nearly 4 years now, and they are pretty good honestly (better than many other ISPs). Your situation I'm sure is NOT related to altimatel, but rather the cheap router your landlord is probably using to pretend he is including free internet in your rent. In the 4 years I've been with them, I think the service went down 3 times max, and that was for super short period. Once they actually sent an email to all customers about a "potential" 5 minute outage as they did some hardware mods in data center, and that was at 2am in the morning. And the 2 other times it was like a 5 minute glitch.. By the time I rebooted the modem, everything was back to normal. I'm using a Ubiquity Edgerouter EL3 for my main router, and 2 Cisco Access points for my WiFi. Pretty damn solid.

Myself and at least 10 of my colleagues at the office are with Altimatel, and not a single complaint so far, and we all have kids at home doing online gaming, our phones are all VoIP, and we do a lot of streaming. Myself I do well over 1TB/month in downloads and it is solid. I have even created a separate SSID for my tenant (with limited speed - 10% of my max speed), since he doesn't have unlimited, so he uses mine when he approaches his limits.
Keep in mind this is with Cable service (videotron technology), not DSL/FTTx bell technology (I will never touch bell again - for anything).

Can't compare internet services here, with Asia. Big difference. We are like a 3rd world country for that stuff due to regulations and lack of population density. When I was in Tokyo for a 6 month period, nearly 10 years ago, the slowest I could get was a 100mbps direct fiber drop.

I have considered it so many times (because it honestly is a nice solid, no nonsense price for a service with no contracts, no installation costs, and no modem fees), And being pretty much Videotron's little brother, give them a little bit of an advantage.
But Everytime I consider switching, Altimatel renews my promo and offers me yearly discounts (for prepaying for a year). Which easily saves me 25% over fizz. But if I did not get any of these discounts, I would certainly jump to fizz and would have close to ZERO downtime since it is also a Videotron service. Also, the fact that Altimatel has never harassed me or complained about the huge amount of data I use, and the content I download, is also a plus. With many other ISP, I would have certainly received a few letters by now.
Same with cannet telecom, my usage is over 1TB per month and never get any letter, i do remember when I used to be with Videotron I got 2 letters.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Sep 23, 2007
223 posts
43 upvotes
Yul
How's your service been going so far with IVCTEL ?
Connection been stable ?

Thanks again for the update.

Rainbow
Jan 24, 2011
422 posts
212 upvotes
Montreal
deadtorights wrote: Some throttle they do

1.2.6 La politique de gestion du trafic Internet :
L’utilisation du protocole Bit Torrent aux heures de pointe de 18h30 à 22h30 uniquement.
Not sure that Bit Torrent only allowed during the peak time :-? They may mean Bit Torrent is not allowed ...
Otherwise, only FTP and Bit Torrent are throttled, not that bad IMO.
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$