I've got a call from Fido offering a new plan after switching to Public Mobile

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 6:20 am
Jan 31, 2016
343 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario

I've got a call from Fido offering a new plan after switching to Public Mobile

I ported my number to Public Mobile from Fido yesterday and Today, I've got a call from Fido offering a discount plan with free phones. The plan was $40/5GB and the phones were IPhone 6s, Galaxy A8, Huawai, and Google Pixel XL. The phones seem quiet old judging from the versions of the phones. He also mentioned giving me some credit but I forgot the amount because it wasn't a significant amount. The funny thing was that he said there's activation fee? I don't think I ever paid activation fees for getting a new cell lines. My question is that Is there something I can ask more? Such as less fee, better phone, more credit. Most of all, is this just a one time thing? If I pass this deal today, will they ever call back? Please let me know. Thanks.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22157 posts
10321 upvotes
Toronto
Since you wanted to cancel your public mobile line as indicated in another post, you may as well go with Fido for live support.

All carriers have activation fees of some sort these days.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
You could always ask them to waive the activation fee :)
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11212 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
Galaxy A8 is a current phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ludwig3 wrote: I ported my number to Public Mobile from Fido yesterday and Today, I've got a call from Fido offering a discount plan with free phones. The plan was $40/5GB and the phones were IPhone 6s, Galaxy A8, Huawai, and Google Pixel XL. The phones seem quiet old judging from the versions of the phones. He also mentioned giving me some credit but I forgot the amount because it wasn't a significant amount. The funny thing was that he said there's activation fee? I don't think I ever paid activation fees for getting a new cell lines. My question is that Is there something I can ask more? Such as less fee, better phone, more credit. Most of all, is this just a one time thing? If I pass this deal today, will they ever call back? Please let me know. Thanks.
This plan is similar to the migration plan Rogers/Fido offers for Chatr customers. Only difference is that instead of $40/4GB my mom got $50/4GB with a free phone. I was able to get them to waive/credit the activation fee because I got another line with same plan for my wife as well.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smacd wrote: Galaxy A8 is a current phone.
The A8 is like the light version of the S8.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5138 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
mobifree wrote: The A8 is like the light version of the S8.
A fixed up finger print reader location too.
Jan 31, 2016
343 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario
smacd wrote: Galaxy A8 is a current phone.
I thought it was old phone because when I checked the spec, It said 3G, LTE Ready.
Jan 31, 2016
343 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario
lamboman wrote: This plan is similar to the migration plan Rogers/Fido offers for Chatr customers. Only difference is that instead of $40/4GB my mom got $50/4GB with a free phone. I was able to get them to waive/credit the activation fee because I got another line with same plan for my wife as well.
Did you get the deal right away as soon as you got a call from Fido for the first time? Or received another call from Fido later and made a deal?

I couldn't get the deal because the fido guy told me that the deal was available until yesterday and I was supposed to call them back to get the deal but I was too busy for my work.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ludwig3 wrote: Did you get the deal right away as soon as you got a call from Fido for the first time? Or received another call from Fido later and made a deal?

I couldn't get the deal because the fido guy told me that the deal was available until yesterday and I was supposed to call them back to get the deal but I was too busy for my work.
I would advise you to try calling them again and see if you get the deal, because for Fido it's another customer coming back to their system. As for the deal I got, this was a deal for Chatr mobile customers who wants a free phone and a cheap plan from Rogers/Fido. It's a totally different scenario then yours. But I've mentioned it to you because I was able to get them to waive the activation credit.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)