Laval

LG CX55 OLED 1299$ Refurb/open box | Montreal

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
June 13, 2021
Retailer:
J.Sonic
Long time forum member but I think this may be my 1st post Face With Tears Of Joy

J.Sonic is having one of their big warehouse sales from June 11th to June 13th

Of note is the LG CX 55” OLED for 1299$. I already have a 55”/77” CX/C9 at home and personally love OLED for gaming and image quality so I thought I’d share what I think might be a good price for those willing to get a refurb or open box product.

I believe all J.Sonic products have 6 months of warranty for a bit of peace of mind.
Images
  • 5CEB0887-62FA-4554-B8A4-E166ABCBB8B9.jpeg
  • 0ED3E524-B94C-4421-8299-FB203B6BEE96.jpeg
16 replies
[OP]
Dec 29, 2010
273 posts
340 upvotes
Laval
redflagdealsguy wrote: That's not bad for a CX.

The 55" BX open box from TheSource at $999 remains hard to forget.
They have really similar image quality but the CX supports HDMI 2.1 on all ports which is useful for gamers with PCs and consoles.

For anyone looking for more info on this TV: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19260 posts
22199 upvotes
bigjzus wrote: They have really similar image quality but the CX supports HDMI 2.1 on all ports which is useful for gamers with PCs and consoles.

For anyone looking for more info on this TV: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled
Apparently the CX is a little brighter too, but frankly, I use my OLED as a monitor first, and they're too bright so I have to turn them down. Now that I know this, I'll be grabbing the next BX on sale.

I'm on a 55" C8 (2018) which works for me just fine, as a PC Monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5537 posts
2493 upvotes
Ancaster
redflagdealsguy wrote: Apparently the CX is a little brighter too, but frankly, I use my OLED as a monitor first, and they're too bright so I have to turn them down. Now that I know this, I'll be grabbing the next BX on sale.

I'm on a 55" C8 (2018) which works for me just fine, as a PC Monitor.
The brightness is more important for HDR, but for a monitor, you might as well just get the cheapest OLED that suits your needs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5537 posts
2493 upvotes
Ancaster
bigjzus wrote: Long time forum member but I think this may be my 1st post Face With Tears Of Joy

J.Sonic is having one of their big warehouse sales from June 11th to June 13th

Of note is the LG CX 55” OLED for 1299$. I already have a 55”/77” CX/C9 at home and personally love OLED for gaming and image quality so I thought I’d share what I think might be a good price for those willing to get a refurb or open box product.

I believe all J.Sonic products have 6 months of warranty for a bit of peace of mind.
They have some pretty ridiculously good prices. $3,499 for a 77" C9 is pretty damn ridiculous, even if it's refurbished.

https://refurbished.ca/shop/en/tv/oled- ... -bluetooth
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19260 posts
22199 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: They have some pretty ridiculously good prices. $3,499 for a 77" C9 is pretty damn ridiculous, even if it's refurbished.

https://refurbished.ca/shop/en/tv/oled- ... -bluetooth
That's a damn good price. The C9 and CX aren't that different.

The RFD Effect people might vote accordingly.
Jan 11, 2009
134 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
This TV is meant to go on special soon, right?
Nov 18, 2020
11 posts
2 upvotes
Reliable store? Never heard or shopped there before.
Jun 7, 2013
377 posts
352 upvotes
GATINEAU
Zarghetti wrote: Reliable store? Never heard or shopped there before.
I get some refurb Apple stuff there... from what I understand, they get old Costco stock and resell it.
May 29, 2003
781 posts
304 upvotes
Montreal
This is an in-store sale and the special price won't be available online.

I bought the 55" C8 from them 2 years ago and it still works perfectly fine today. It used to be 3 months warranty but they upped to 6 months lately. Of course, you can buy an extra warranty.

I got their newsletter and they have a pre-sale for VIP subscribers (don't need proof, just show up at their warehouse). It will take place from 5 to 7 PM tomorrow, June 10th.
Nov 12, 2017
43 posts
73 upvotes
I admire the courage of anyone that buys a 1000$+ OLED refurbished. Having said this, I have a CX that I bought new and I couldn't be happier. If you are OK with the risk of refurbished but are on the fence about the CX, don't be. It's an amazing TV.

And Nits VS True dark/Contrast is a fair argument. For me, I can't stand the blooming of LED TVs so I was more than OK sacrificing some HDR brightness for amazing contrast and blacks. HDR is still very good on OLED.
[OP]
Dec 29, 2010
273 posts
340 upvotes
Laval
chaineym wrote: I admire the courage of anyone that buys a 1000$+ OLED refurbished. Having said this, I have a CX that I bought new and I couldn't be happier. If you are OK with the risk of refurbished but are on the fence about the CX, don't be. It's an amazing TV.

And Nits VS True dark/Contrast is a fair argument. For me, I can't stand the blooming of LED TVs so I was more than OK sacrificing some HDR brightness for amazing contrast and blacks. HDR is still very good on OLED.
Most of the things I've bought from them were just open box. As an extra precaution, simply open the box and check the contents before leaving the store. Plus you can always buy 12/24mo extended warranty for $89/$148.
Oct 31, 2004
502 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Make sure to check for burn in on these refurbished OLEDs...
A friend bought a B7 from them with minor burn in, and J Sonic exchanged it
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4252 posts
4399 upvotes
GTA
BubbaSPX wrote: This TV is meant to go on special soon, right?
Right now places are selling the 55" C1 (2021) for $2100, and the 55" CX (2020) for $2000. Essentially the same TV. I would hope the CX goes on sale a couple of times between now / Black Friday / Boxing Day to clear them out.