Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
J.Sonic (Refurbished.ca) Black Friday

Pre-Black Friday Sale - Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - REFURB - $139.99 IN STORE ONLY in Montreal Fri-Sun

Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC

[Black Friday] Pre-Black Friday Sale - Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - REFURB - $139.99 IN STORE ONLY in Montreal Fri-Sun

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
November 21, 2021
Retailer:
J.Sonic (Refurbished.ca)
Just a heads up for folks in the Montréal area, starting Friday at 1pm until Sunday at 4, refurbished units of the 1000XM3 noise-cancelling headphones will be sold in Ville St-Laurent by J Sonic, also known for their refurbished.ca website, as part of their pre-Black Friday sale. Sale is only at the warehouse, can't get this deal online, and they don't ship outside Québec.
So $139.99 gets you a pair of store returns, probably from Costco per sources, and if you play your cards right you'll be getting a like new in box pair, with a 6-month warranty by J Sonic, for $140 less. They're on sale for $279 at Costco right now.

They refurbish all the items themselves and they've been in business since 1989.

Be aware though, they have both used pairs and like-new pairs in stock, and they separate them into different piles behind the counter.

So better ask for a like-new pair, open the box and check them before you pay as they sure aren't all brand new in box. Bought a pair of like-new in box headphones from them in 2019 and they are still being used almost 3 years later.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
I'd love to pick em up new at their reported 'MSRP'!! Eyes Or some Earpods Eyes

I'm usually ok with manufacturer-refurbs, but when it's done by a third party, it's always dicey.
It's not for everyone, but maybe a deal to be had if your lottery ticket is a like-new model...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1755 posts
1353 upvotes
Montreal
Thought the monitor deal looked good and was hoping we could buy online then pick up on the weekend since their regular hours aren't practical for workers. I got an lg gram from them so likely a Costco return and have been incredibly satisfied with it.
Aug 18, 2007
483 posts
402 upvotes
That's a quite remote location, not sure is it worth the effort
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1304 posts
1545 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Deal is insane if the refurb is good.

The only major difference between the WH-1000XM3 and WH-1000XM4 is that the WH-1000XM4 can save to 2x bluetooth devices.

Excellent noise cancellation and battery life. Really comfortable to wear. Audio quality is bassy if you prefer that.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Too bad it's only Montréal
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
VillageIdiot wrote: Deal is insane if the refurb is good.
Exactly. XM3 is still 279 on sale at Costco, and XM4 will probably drop to 300 at a few retailers in limited quantities for BF, so 139 for an open box XM3 is a very good deal.

These are mostly returns from Costco after all. Some people just try them on and decide to return, worn a few hours, maybe not even that. These guys check them to make sure they aren't defective and resell. The pair of headphones I bought were just that, literally like new, even the AUX wire and charging cable hadn't been used.

That's why I'm telling people to ask them for a like-new pair as I saw they separate the repaired sets from the "changed my mind" store returns into different piles. Of course, they won't tell you that.
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
It’s funny. I posted the Apple Watch 6 deal at 329$ From this same store and got massive downvoted because third party repair and shit.

Anyways. Upvoted. Great deal.

(And my job is paying 100$ for wfh products, per month. So I could get those for ~40$!)
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
flood4 wrote: It’s funny. I posted the Apple Watch 6 deal at 329$ From this same store and got massive downvoted because third party repair and shit.
Yeah, saw your post! You know you can't touch Apple products! Blasphemy!
If they're not full price or refurbs from Apple for 5% less, they're not fanboy worthy.
Refurbs of any other product is fine though ;)
Jun 4, 2009
125 posts
69 upvotes
Laval
Anyone has any idea what kind of warranty these items come with? Do we have at least 30 days? Looking through the website I cannot find any specific info...
Oct 19, 2004
462 posts
103 upvotes
talannon wrote: Anyone has any idea what kind of warranty these items come with? Do we have at least 30 days? Looking through the website I cannot find any specific info...
Warranty according to their terms and conditions is 180 days.

https://refurbished.ca/shop/en/policies/#answer6

I bought a pretty expensive item from them last year and they were absolutely fantastic about getting it fixed and replaced under warranty. I really wish they weren't Montreal-only.
Aug 17, 2012
83 posts
73 upvotes
Just adding my experience with j sonic. Bought the latest iPad Air from them in January, it was a good price considering that it was a recent release (maybe 150-200 off). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my unit still had a few weeks to purchase apple care, i.e. the original buyer had it less than a month. It just sucks that they’re located a bit far unless you live in ville St-Laurent and their hours suck for office workers.
Mar 17, 2015
333 posts
292 upvotes
Winnipeg
Heads up that you can also find WH1000 XM-3's pretty cheap on ebay. Obviously a certified refurb from a storefront you can just take it back to is preferred, but this deal looks pretty area specific and who knows how many they actually have in stock.

I got mine for ~$140 shipped from a Canadian seller, and then spent ~$30 to get some fresh earpads.
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
Went to this store today and bought them.
Couldn’t resist, also took 2 Apple Watch Series 6 for 329$
And Beats Flex at 29$…
And a toaster! Haha
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
flood4 wrote: Went to this store today and bought them.
Did you ask to get a like-new pair or you took what they gave you? What condition are they in? I didn't go yet.
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
MonsieurDealz wrote: Did you ask to get a like-new pair or you took what they gave you? What condition are they in? I didn't go yet.
There was about 200 people in the lineup. You don’t have time to check as they give to you your item once you pay.

All the things looks brand new. Maybe it’s like Apple where they put a new casing on their laptop.
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
flood4 wrote: There was about 200 people in the lineup. You don’t have time to check as they give to you your item once you pay.

All the things looks brand new. Maybe it’s like Apple where they put a new casing on their laptop.
When I was there last time there weren't as many people as I didn't go on the first day, and the pair of headphones I got were clearly very used. I had to go back to get a "like new" pair. That's why I asked. Never been on the first day of the sale.

I'm glad you got great stuff! Enjoy :)
Mar 29, 2015
408 posts
283 upvotes
Westmount, QC
flood4 wrote: Went to this store today and bought them.
Couldn’t resist, also took 2 Apple Watch Series 6 for 329$
And Beats Flex at 29$…
And a toaster! Haha
Did you get a choice of colors for the Apple Watch ? Do you think they will have more in stock if I go tomorrow ?
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
jay81k wrote: Did you get a choice of colors for the Apple Watch ? Do you think they will have more in stock if I go tomorrow ?
Just an hour ago they said on their Facebook page that they still have 44mm in red, blue, pink and silver in stock

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)