Hot Deals

Jabra

Jabra Elite 85H Over-Ear Headphones ($158.41 + Taxes) (Various Colours)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 7:26 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2021
11 posts
55 upvotes

Jabra Elite 85H Over-Ear Headphones ($158.41 + Taxes) (Various Colours)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
54% off
Retailer:
Jabra
These seem to be on clearout. I'm not sure whether Jabra is planning to release a successor as their new TWS earbuds just dropped. These are comparable to the Sony WH1000XM3's with less effective ANC but a more bass heavy sound for those who prefer that.
40 replies
May 24, 2019
114 posts
222 upvotes
Damn it!
I bought Bose NC 700 last week from staples for WFH meetings.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21145 posts
25106 upvotes
DealMonk wrote: Damn it!
I bought Bose NC 700 last week from staples for WFH meetings.
Staples should do returns.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2205 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks ordered.

Got my wife a pair when Amazon had a sale @ $165. Really liked them and ordered a pair for myself.
Sep 22, 2015
66 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Sounds like a good deal. I already have the Bose 900H, but I guess I could use these as well…

Buy now, think later….. thanks RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1193 posts
929 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
I think I got a used pair on ebay for $130 at the beginning of the year. Definitely enjoying them. I was mulling over the Jabras or the XM4's... For the price, though, I think these are great.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2205 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
OutsideYourWorld wrote: I think I got a used pair on ebay for $130 at the beginning of the year. Definitely enjoying them. I was mulling over the Jabras or the XM4's... For the price, though, I think these are great.
Completely agree. Wfh doest require me to have top of the line ANC. These def do well enough on that side of things.

Sound is great and mic is wonderful according to my wife's colleagues.

Easy buy at this price. And less chance of buyers regret like I would spending so much on the Sony's or Bose.
Mar 29, 2020
13 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Be aware, from my understanding of the User manual, when the battery is dead or has expired completely due to age, these headphones will NOT play, even via the 3.5mm cable as they require some minimal charge in the battery. Apparently when you charge them you are charging the battery and the headphones run from the battery. Thus, no battery = no sound.
Mar 21, 2010
489 posts
120 upvotes
Fantastic price. Bought these earlier this summer for 229.99..(sigh).
Mar 26, 2013
222 posts
161 upvotes
Twin Peaks
No aptX support, absolutely absurd

If you wonder why they still sound fine without it, it is from wave shaping post processing. In other words, you're hearing a smoothed interpolated (splined hopefully) of the audio source, not the actual audio source. They save the licensing fee by cheating and faking. Not that is a reason not to buy, some people prefer the synthetic.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1382 posts
423 upvotes
I got these couple of months ago but had to return as they fit very tight on a large head. Using Sony WH910 which are a bit more comfortable.
Nov 20, 2013
234 posts
131 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've red that they are intended for mobile devices and won't connect to PC/Laptop, or have difficulty connecting. Any comments?
Also, are they good for music only?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress :)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1209 posts
627 upvotes
GTA
Could you clarify the microphone on these? Is there a physical microphone that is placed near your mouth or is it sort of like the ear buds where the microphone is on the ear piece?

Is the quality of the microphone good for Teams calls while working from home? Does it pick up background sounds like screaming kids? Lol

Thanks.
Nov 7, 2016
379 posts
278 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: Could you clarify the microphone on these? Is there a physical microphone that is placed near your mouth or is it sort of like the ear buds where the microphone is on the ear piece?

Is the quality of the microphone good for Teams calls while working from home? Does it pick up background sounds like screaming kids? Lol

Thanks.
Bose NC 700 works great. Got it 2 days ago from Costco for $385. If this one matches that quality then it’ll be a no brainer.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2205 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
dpw198 wrote: Could you clarify the microphone on these? Is there a physical microphone that is placed near your mouth or is it sort of like the ear buds where the microphone is on the ear piece?

Thanks.
runbrun11 wrote:
Bose NC 700 works great. Got it 2 days ago from Costco for $385. If this one matches that quality then it’ll be a no brainer.
For my wife and I that was a one of the main things we cared about. These have, I believe 8 mics and do a great job of cutting down background noise when on calls and def a step up in terms of other headsets we have. Now they won't cut out all the background noise that kids make when your on a call, but they really to reduce it a ton, along with the inevitable TV or music being turned up when it's your turn to speak...

These do not have a comms style mic that goes infront of your mouth, but we have found them to be great nonetheless and I imaging it's because of the number of mics they have.

Hope that helps.

Oh also just to add on of sales guys has the Bose 700s and having a call with him and then a call with my wife who was using the 85h, she sounded just as clear to my ears.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2021
11 posts
55 upvotes
I own a pair and they work with PC's and Laptops quite well. The connection works best with one device at a time although they do support multipoint pairing. When connected to just one device the signal has been bulletproof in my experience.