[Jabra] Jabra Elite Active 75t on 40% discount

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1822 posts
767 upvotes
Antarctica
heymegaman wrote: Did you leave pass through audio on? You can toggle it on and off by pressing the left ear piece once. Otherwise I would try with different devices to see if it still happens
I think you should ask for an exchange. Definitely don't hear any white noise on mine when connected to my android phone or the MacBook and PC laptops.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4590 posts
1898 upvotes
GTA
chun_man17 wrote: I've had the 65Ts for a while before upgrading to the 75Ts... I think the 75Ts are much better (for the reasons below).... but whether these improvements are significant to you, and even if they are, whether they're worth $100+ difference, is up to you.
- 75T gave me more stable bluetooth connections at longer ranges
- 75T had strong punchier base, which I like
- 75T are much smaller and actually fit IN my ear rather than hanging off it. 65Ts I could wear for maybe 1/2 hr before my ears got sore, 75Ts is getting to a point where I don't mind them in there anymore cause they fit so well
- Much better passive noise cancelling with 75T
- 75Ts have ANC through software update, but meh
- The case is so much better with the 75T... magnetic lid and also the buds are held in there magnetically as well... 65Ts you have to purposely fit them in there properly to make sure its all aligned before closing the lid
- Opening and closing of the case lid is much more satisfying because of the magnets... You no longer have to pinch the sides of the case to open the lid like on the 65Ts and in my time with the 75Ts they have not yet swung open accidentally in my pocket and resulted in my earbuds flying out like my 65Ts had before. Also, after a year of using my 65T, something inside the case came loose... it uses a magnet within the case somewhere to detect if the buds are in the case, and when they are, turn them off to start charging and also disconnect the bluetooth connection... once that thing comes off, the buds no longer realize they're in the case once you put them in, and keeps holding onto the bluetooth connection.
- Voice calls are much improved... people always used to say my voice from the 65T sounds like i'm under water
- battery consideration: I think 75T have better battery life to begin with... add also since the 65Ts are older, its battery is older and probably has degraded more than any of the 75Ts in the market as of Nov 2020

I am still on the fence with whether I should go for a pair of 85Ts... maybe I will if I can get a 40% off code... but I'm fully expecting the difference from a 75T to a 85T will be much less of a upgrade than from a 65T to a 75T. If you can get a 75T at a good price my personal opinion is just to go for it. I bought one at full price from bestbuy at launch and don't regret it one bit. I recently bought another pair as a xmas gift during amazon prime day... these heavily discounted prices by Jabra right now are even lower than the amazon prime price ($175) and so it's a no brainer from my perspective.
Sepharite wrote: I got the Jabra 65T and love it. Is the 75T worth the upgrade?
This is a good comparison.
Aug 17, 2019
78 posts
1 upvote
Neotropolis wrote: FYI - I was able to get a 40% off code for a few units. great tip OP!
How did you do it? I e-mailed them last week and no response.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1389 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
Crichtonfan wrote: I think you should ask for an exchange. Definitely don't hear any white noise on mine when connected to my android phone or the MacBook and PC laptops.
I have observed with 3 different pairs of elite active 75ts that the white noise is normal with the hear-through feature ON. Once I turn it off it goes away.

I want to add that the white noise shouldn’t really be bothersome since the whole purpose of hear through is to pick up sounds from the environment. I guess to each their own.
Apr 17, 2006
181 posts
8 upvotes
Did anyone order grey from Jabra?

Placed my order Nov 10th and it seems like its still on backorder
Aug 9, 2010
116 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie
d2fresh wrote: Did anyone order grey from Jabra?

Placed my order Nov 10th and it seems like its still on backorder
If they look kinda like solid black...I think my order said gray too. But either way, mine were ordered a couple weeks back and no word on shipping yet. I remember upon receiving the initial order receipt it said on on the bottom “back order no timetable for delivery”. So I’m still waiting as well.
Aug 28, 2006
918 posts
169 upvotes
Scarborough
chun_man17 wrote: I've had the 65Ts for a while before upgrading to the 75Ts... I think the 75Ts are much better (for the reasons below).... but whether these improvements are significant to you, and even if they are, whether they're worth $100+ difference, is up to you.
- 75T are much smaller and actually fit IN my ear rather than hanging off it. 65Ts I could wear for maybe 1/2 hr before my ears got sore, 75Ts is getting to a point where I don't mind them in there anymore cause they fit so well
- The case is so much better with the 75T... magnetic lid and also the buds are held in there magnetically as well... 65Ts you have to purposely fit them in there properly to make sure its all aligned before closing the lid
- Opening and closing of the case lid is much more satisfying because of the magnets... You no longer have to pinch the sides of the case to open the lid like on the 65Ts and in my time with the 75Ts they have not yet swung open accidentally in my pocket and resulted in my earbuds flying out like my 65Ts had before. Also, after a year of using my 65T, something inside the case came loose... it uses a magnet within the case somewhere to detect if the buds are in the case, and when they are, turn them off to start charging and also disconnect the bluetooth connection... once that thing comes off, the buds no longer realize they're in the case once you put them in, and keeps holding onto the bluetooth connection.
- Voice calls are much improved... people always used to say my voice from the 65T sounds like i'm under water
- battery consideration: I think 75T have better battery life to begin with... add also since the 65Ts are older, its battery is older and probably has degraded more than any of the 75Ts in the market as of Nov 2020

I am still on the fence with whether I should go for a pair of 85Ts... maybe I will if I can get a 40% off code... but I'm fully expecting the difference from a 75T to a 85T will be much less of a upgrade than from a 65T to a 75T. If you can get a 75T at a good price my personal opinion is just to go for it. I bought one at full price from bestbuy at launch and don't regret it one bit. I recently bought another pair as a xmas gift during amazon prime day... these heavily discounted prices by Jabra right now are even lower than the amazon prime price ($175) and so it's a no brainer from my perspective.
I think the 85T is like a flagship to compete with the heavy hitters Sony's 1000XM3, but not really a 75T replacement. It's bigger and bulkier, going back to 65T to fit more tech.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3353 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone had a good experience with their refurbished products?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20002 posts
5384 upvotes
Good Morning
Sepharite wrote: Has anyone had a good experience with their refurbished products?
Refurbs can be a hit or a miss, especially electronics.

When I purchased my 75t's for $146, the refurbs were $124. For 30 bucks more, you get 2 year warranty, IMO, worth it compared to 180 days for refurb.
Jan 27, 2013
85 posts
32 upvotes
I'm having trouble understanding the wireless charging option - with the standard 75Ts, is it required to charge them individually by plugging each into a USB-C port on each earbud? Or do you just plug in the case?

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20002 posts
5384 upvotes
Good Morning
willy222 wrote: I'm having trouble understanding the wireless charging option - with the standard 75Ts, is it required to charge them individually by plugging each into a USB-C port on each earbud? Or do you just plug in the case?
Are you referring to the wireless case charging or the wireless earpiece charging?
Jan 27, 2013
85 posts
32 upvotes
Hi, I'm referring to the extra price add-on, called, "Wireless charging enabled*". I don't know what it refers to, that is my question..
coriolis wrote: Are you referring to the wireless case charging or the wireless earpiece charging?
May 14, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
Slono wrote: I have observed with 3 different pairs of elite active 75ts that the white noise is normal with the hear-through feature ON. Once I turn it off it goes away.

I want to add that the white noise shouldn’t really be bothersome since the whole purpose of hear through is to pick up sounds from the environment. I guess to each their own.
Hear-through feature was OFF. The white noise is just a constant background noise to me, whether music is ON or OFF. Contacted Jabra support and they're initiating a warranty replacement, so hopefully that will resolve the issue!
Jan 27, 2013
85 posts
32 upvotes
willy222 wrote: Hi, I'm referring to the extra price add-on, called, "Wireless charging enabled*". I don't know what it refers to, that is my question..
I see now, wireless charging option is only for the case. That sure isn't worth an extra $100 in my eyes!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20002 posts
5384 upvotes
Good Morning
willy222 wrote: I see now, wireless charging option is only for the case. That sure isn't worth an extra $100 in my eyes!
Yes. There is a wireless charging case as well. But like you. Not worth it. The USBC charging on the regular case is already pretty good itself.
Aug 15, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
got the active 75 yesterday and brought it out to a test drive today
fell out of my ear 10+ times already
no matter what size of ear gel that I used
great for music if you sitting still tho, unfortunately my job doesn't allow me sit in a office or WFH
guess i have to return it
Sep 8, 2013
122 posts
33 upvotes
the 'Peg
Sepharite wrote: Has anyone had a good experience with their refurbished products?
I bought a refurbs on the 65t from Amazon and 75t from Walmart. Both i bought in Oct and working great.
Dec 17, 2010
48 posts
12 upvotes
Yes, me. Best earbuds ever (that I've tried - and that's like 3 pairs). Great sound, great bass and noise cancelling.
Apr 26, 2019
44 posts
14 upvotes
I am currently using a refurbished 75t and it is working great. It got new firmware on first run and it got Active NC. Also I was able to register it for 2 years of warranty, I am not sure, I will be able to claim it or not, but I had no issue in registering it under my account for 2 years of warranty.