Expired Hot Deals

{JAN 30-UPDATED PRICE $258.09!!!} Air Canada-Toronto-Las Vegas $314.97 RT - incl tax

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2009 9:57 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

{JAN 30-UPDATED PRICE $258.09!!!} Air Canada-Toronto-Las Vegas $314.97 RT - incl tax

EXAMPLE I am booking the following for Feb-March

AC593 Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ) Las Vegas, Mccarran Int'l (LAS) Sat Feb-28 20:40 22:40
0 5hr00 321 Tango Plus F
AC594 Las Vegas, Mccarran Int'l (LAS) Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ) Fri Mar-13 23:25 06:45
+1 day 0 4hr20 320 Tango Plus
TANGO PLUS $314.97 roundtrip

If you book any time during that period, as long as you book AC593 going to Vegas from Toronto - the one way price is $99.00 plus tax

And coming back, as long as you book AC594 coming back to Toronto from Vegas - the one way price is $99.00 plus tax

combined fare is just $314.97.

I am going to Los Angeles for a business conference in March, but makes a good way to also have a cheap family getaway during that period too :)

I believe these prices will likely end by January 15. book soon....

Michael
65 replies
Dec 14, 2007
608 posts
587 upvotes
Not as good as the Westjet deal last month, but not bad.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
$99 oneways flights are offered on non peak times/days (ie non friday/saturday)

[IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6264 ... as1mc5.gif[/IMG]

Here are the daily direct flights i've seen offered by Aircanada from Toronto - Vegas

Flight# / DepartTime ArrivalTime

TOR - VEGAS:
AC591 08:40 10:39
AC593 20:40 22:33

VEGAS- TOR
AC592 11:20 18:40
AC594 23:25 06:45+ 1 day

the $79 westjet flights will be back..I believe i've seen aircanada have $79 prices in the past with these flight offerings which may come back over the next few months with lack of travelers willing to go to La$ Vega$ this year..hotel prices have been dropping as a result too.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 152HAQ.DTL
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Dec 13, 2005
222 posts
Waterloo
I gotta book flights to LV on reading week (feb 14) how often do these deals come around? do you think there'll be better deals? before then?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
westjet has a 40% off seat sale, $89 oneway tix for tor-vegas, total with taxes as low as $296.01 .. nonpeak flights.

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1500 posts
2213 upvotes
Victoria
Same fare is offered on US Airways ($79 US) although there is less availability.

One place I always check when I go to Vegas is usairwaysvacations.com. Sometimes for short trips (eg 2 nights), an air/hotel package is cheaper than airfare only (at least from Vancouver, not sure about Toronto). Even if you don't use the hotel, you'll still end up saving money. This seems to work from any city that has non-stop service to Vegas on US - Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. They do offer pacakges from Montreal and Ottawa as well but the prices don't seem as good.
Dec 13, 2005
222 posts
Waterloo
Does anyone know if there's an issue flying to the states on different airlines. Looks like WJ has the same deal but for $89 on certain days too. The cheapest would be to fly AC down and WJ back...stupid question...but no one at the airport or customs is gonna give me hell for that would they?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
peterk wrote: Does anyone know if there's an issue flying to the states on different airlines. Looks like WJ has the same deal but for $89 on certain days too. The cheapest would be to fly AC down and WJ back...stupid question...but no one at the airport or customs is gonna give me hell for that would they?
i've done it before, not an issue. travel agents/travellers do it all the time to get best rate.

Hot deal?

May 17, 2006
392 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone knows if Air Canada price match??
I just booked 2 return ticket to vegas a 3 days ago for $440 each tax in!! :mad:

That's a $100 saving for each ticket....
If they don't offer price match, can I simply rebook the 2 ticket and pay the $50 service fee?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1347 posts
673 upvotes
London, ON
I am kicking myself for not jumping on a $290 tango fare including tax just before Christmas for my July dates to Vegas. These were $89 each way fares and were good on the daytime flights as well. Next day when I was ready to book they had gone back up to normal price. If you see a good price, jump on it. I learned my lesson for waiting.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5216 posts
2480 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't know if it applies here, but my wife and I have been doing a lot of flying to the US recently, whatever deal we find through AC, we find an even better deal through United. United.ca I believe.

All flights are considered Tango Plus, but you do have to pay for added luggage. It just depends how you travel and if the savings are there for you.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
3000 posts
674 upvotes
Ice cold.
Too bad you guys don't live in Vancouver.
Allegiant Air has $28 one-way fares to Las Vegas in February flying out of Bellingham.
Just drive across the border and park the car in the secured lot for $6.50/day.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2007
1432 posts
142 upvotes
Magoomba wrote: Ice cold.
Allegiant Air has $28 one-way fares to Las Vegas in February flying out of Bellingham.
Vancouver FTW!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3112 posts
1157 upvotes
jcon wrote: I don't know if it applies here, but my wife and I have been doing a lot of flying to the US recently, whatever deal we find through AC, we find an even better deal through United. United.ca I believe.

All flights are considered Tango Plus, but you do have to pay for added luggage. It just depends how you travel and if the savings are there for you.
I hate UA. It's their policy to OVERBOOK every flight (if possible)...then when they've got your money, and it's overbooked, they ask for volunteers to come forward to give up their seats in exchange for a free flight in the continental US to be used in the next 6 months...if nobody comes forward, they just randomly kick people off.
I will never fly with them again!

A prime example...I ran into some lady in Denver not too long ago, trying to get home to Chicago...she was punted from not 1, but 2 different UA flights!!! And she was pre-booked...imagine trying to do stand-by to any major US center...you'd be there for days!!!

If you ever are needing around the US west coast and into Western Canada at all...I have been very happy with Alaskan Air in the past!

Magoomba wrote: Ice cold.
Well, sort of...the $28 only happens a couple times a month...and normally the $28 fairs for "going to" and "return" are not on the same weekend. IE, right now, there are only 3 $28 days in Jan, and 3 in Feb, but you'd have to spend 2 weeks in Vegas to only pay the $56.

But still, their average price is normally only around $80-$120 bucks USD and they have way less taxes down there!!!!

I know quite a few people around here are driving to Great Falls MT to do the same, park and fly the rest of the way...and while I have never done it, I have heard good things about the airline.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Dec 7, 2006
379 posts
104 upvotes
Kanata
mkassapian wrote: EXAMPLE I am booking the following for Feb-March

AC593 Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ) Las Vegas, Mccarran Int'l (LAS) Sat Feb-28 20:40 22:40
0 5hr00 321 Tango Plus F
AC594 Las Vegas, Mccarran Int'l (LAS) Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ) Fri Mar-13 23:25 06:45
+1 day 0 4hr20 320 Tango Plus
TANGO PLUS $314.97 roundtrip

combined fare is just $314.97.

Michael
Southwest Airlines direct from Buffalo (90min. from Toronto and a hell of a nicer airport to deal wiht).

Air Itinerary Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details
Depart Feb 28 Sat Nonstop BUF-LAS 2216 Depart Buffalo (BUF) at 4:55 PM
Arrive in Las Vegas (LAS) at 7:05 PM
Return Mar 13 Fri Nonstop LAS-BUF 524 Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 5:00 PM
Arrive in Buffalo (BUF) at 12:20 AM

Pricing Passenger Type Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S. Taxes PFC Security
Fee1 Passenger(s) Total
Adult Depart BUF-LAS Wanna Get Away $109.77 $11.83 $4.50 $2.50 1 $128.60
Return LAS-BUF Wanna Get Away $113.49 $12.11 $4.50 $2.50 1 $132.60

Total $223.26 $23.94 $9.00 $5.00 $261.20

and if you use megabus.com you can take the bus from Toronto to the Buffalo airport return for approx. $8.00. save on parking.

Good luck!
Dec 7, 2006
379 posts
104 upvotes
Kanata
Sorry forgot to ad that was US funds but with the exchange it's about the same price but the times are nicer IMO.

Also you deal with customs in a car / bus and can do a shopping stop in Buffalo and bring back $750 CDN each. More room in a car trunk than overhead compartment.

Will always drive across the border before I have to fly. Save alot of $$$.

Also didn't look up Southwest promo codes.
Oct 30, 2007
206 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
That AC deal is sweet for lots of reasons:
1. aeroplan points (if you collect - i do)
2. non-stop flight
3. local (for GTA residents)
4. cheap!

I've flown out of buffalo for vacation destinations many times, and I have to say there's a lot more hassle involved than meets the eye, especially in the winter. i flew in feb last year and parked my car at the airport (cheap) ... flight was late and landed after midnight, it was -45 degrees (with windchill - not kidding) outside and i had 2.5 inches of ice on the car. it took forever to scrape the ice off the car, the car took 30 minutes to warm up (not kidding) and I had to drive 2 hrs (to oakville) that early in the morning.... as opposed to 30 minutes from YYZ. BUF parking lot shuttles leave a lot (ahem) to be desired in terms of frequency - I waited 45 minutes in the cold, on more than one occasion. and at the end of the day, from BUF it's 90 minutes to burlington NOT toronto. For toronto- try more like 2 hrs+ depending where you are.

Buffalo is an excellent option if you are west of burlington... after that, you really need to do the math to see if it's worth it financially. if i've learned anything in my life to date, don't forget to put a price on your time and hassle ESPECIALLY if you have a family. saving $50 per ticket to fly from buffalo is not enough, unless there are 4+ people flying. My bogey is $150+ to make it worth it. What would you pay to have your family arrive home at midnight instead of 3am after a vacation? 4am? 1-2 hours in the cold waiting for a shuttle to yoru car? I'm not against buffalo by any stretch, just saying, be careful.

and please do not forget that the exchange rate is not what it once was. no doubt southwest, jet blue etc. have great deals; but if you are from GTA, this AC deal is pretty good. and NON-STOP! as opposed to most of the discount carriers.
Oct 30, 2007
206 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
sorry one more thing. look at megabus.coms schedule. the trip from BUF to Toronto coach terminal (assume that's downtown) is almost 3 hours. yes, it is $9, and that is an exellent price if you have time and patience for it. however, if you are putting a price on your time, it's another factor to consider. full discslosure, I'm not a student and am well enough off that i can put a price on my time, and for that i consider myself eternally grateful, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to be a snob, just saying that the BUF option depends highly on your expectations and circumstances. there was a time in my life when i would have put up with a LOT to save $10, but my threshold is a lot lower now. At this stage of life, I'd gladly pay $100-150to save myself 2-4 hours of time.
Sep 6, 2005
51 posts
It is worth pointing out that it has free Wifi on the trip, which makes things go much more quickly
dhobiwala wrote: sorry one more thing. look at megabus.coms schedule. the trip from BUF to Toronto coach terminal (assume that's downtown) is almost 3 hours. yes, it is $9, and that is an exellent price if you have time and patience for it. however, if you are putting a price on your time, it's another factor to consider. full discslosure, I'm not a student and am well enough off that i can put a price on my time, and for that i consider myself eternally grateful, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to be a snob, just saying that the BUF option depends highly on your expectations and circumstances. there was a time in my life when i would have put up with a LOT to save $10, but my threshold is a lot lower now. At this stage of life, I'd gladly pay $100-150to save myself 2-4 hours of time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7223 posts
1719 upvotes
Ok, this is related but not just about air fare. I'm looking for a Vegas trip in Feb, just wonder anyone knows any good package deals for 4 nights (hotel plus flight)?