• Jan 18th, 2019 4:06 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4100 upvotes
Montreal
ph00p wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:25 pm
Celeste is a BIG one, PSN will probably have old crap nobody cares about yet again.
Yep, the last few PSN offerings have been pure crap, and they were so bad that no one bothered to start a thread (or was started and promptly disappeared) for fear of Sony getting hammered. I looked at December's game selection and thought "WTF is this crap?"

It goes in waves, with Sony winning for a few months and then laying a couple of massive turds, and vice versa, so it really helps to have both consoles and then you can make use of the good/bad periods of each.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4100 upvotes
Montreal
Batarang wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 3:35 pm
Might want to count your eggs before they hatch. Xbox has been the one that has had old crap that nobody cares about for several months, so.
Oh yeah, Sony's December selection was a real treat - I never even downloaded a single title out of that crapfest.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3138 posts
2774 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 6:01 pm
Oh yeah, Sony's December selection was a real treat - I never even downloaded a single title out of that crapfest.
And how about Sony December? Weird that you compare Xbox January with Sony November...
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Aug 27, 2014
197 posts
226 upvotes
PS Plus is bargain bin games, I saw a dude trade in Destiny 2 at EB and the value was $1 haha.
6>4
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3138 posts
2774 upvotes
Ottawa
racherces wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 6:34 pm
PS Plus is bargain bin games, I saw a dude trade in Destiny 2 at EB and the value was $1 haha.
Destiny 2 was a freebie back in September. You guys are really reaching to make yourselves feel better haha.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Nov 26, 2016
150 posts
322 upvotes
JS wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 11:41 am
Can anyone confirm
[…] if the code that it will generate must have the associated email login (new one created) when adding to xbox ? Or I can just add the code to whatever xbox profile?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... .0&lc=4105
From my experience, when there is such promotion as 1 month for 1 $,
taking it will add the membership directly to the account used to buy it.

This said, if you are using an account with "Gold" membership on an Xbox One,
all the players on it will have access to the "Gold" advantages, multiplayer and games acquired.
Of course, the acquired "Games with Gold" will be "owned" by the account who got them, even if playable by all.
Am I clear ? ;) Maybe you already know all of that.

If you play on Xbox 360, it is different, but the games are really acquired, not tied to the "Gold" status.

All of this said, I comprehend you, as I often needed a month of "Gold".
So if you still have to buy one month, especially to get the games, a little advice.
If the offer is available until this date, activate it at the last day of the month; then you may get the previous games and the new ones.

Also, if you did not already, take a look at the "Rewards" program.
If the cost of a "Gold" membership matters, it is possible to gain an entire year,
by accumulating points during approximately 4 months.

Wishing you good holidays !
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4100 upvotes
Montreal
Batarang wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 6:08 pm
And how about Sony December? Weird that you compare Xbox January with Sony November...
Sony December is already out, and it's CRAP - replying to the original post - go read it before going full-fanboy.

And if you know the Sony January lineup, please post it!

Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4100 upvotes
Montreal
Batarang wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 6:44 pm
Destiny 2 was a freebie back in September. You guys are really reaching to make yourselves feel better haha.
I wasn't laughing at Sony's putrid December selection of junk-bin drek, but I supposed you thought it was the "best month yet", right? :lol: :lol:

Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3138 posts
2774 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 3:08 pm
I wasn't laughing at Sony's putrid December selection of junk-bin drek, but I supposed you thought it was the "best month yet", right? :lol: :lol:
No one invited you to their Christmas parties, eh?

Can't imagine why. Life of any party, right here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7553 posts
2204 upvotes
Whiners gonna whyne during Christmas time.
How bitter can one person be?

Notice how he never goes over to the Games for Gold, or Nintendo Online thread and constantly nag about that list of free with subscription games.

I pay for all 3 of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo online services but I don't expect them to give away great games or games that really interest me all the time.
If I really wanted them, I'd go out and buy them instead of waiting years and years to play them.
Batarang wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 3:11 pm
No one invited you to their Christmas parties, eh?

Can't imagine why. Life of any party, right here.
Dec 13, 2009
586 posts
193 upvotes
North Bay
Thanks for the reminder, I've missed a few of these in the past and I usually get pretty irritated with myself when I do lol. I wish they handled it like PSN does and had them all available throughout all of the month, it would be a lot more convenient that way imo.