Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Japan Airlines

Vancouver to Vietnam and Japan $788 Roundtrip April, May, September and October 2023

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2023 5:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10515 posts
19575 upvotes
Montreal

Vancouver to Vietnam and Japan $788 Roundtrip April, May, September and October 2023

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Japan Airlines
Available in

Another link for a September example

1 free carry-on and 2 free checked bags

Please help the community by posting back what you find, what you book and tips for traveling there.

vancouver-to-vietnam.jpg
49 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 20, 2014
122 posts
208 upvotes
London, ON
If you've never been, I highly recommend.
I suggest getting the unlimited rail pass if you plan on doing lots of traveling around, and you plan on taking the bullet train. (you need to purchase this before you arrive there)
Make sure to also rent a LTE wifi hotspot so you can use your phone everywhere for Google maps + translate etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3075 posts
1360 upvotes
It's great the is West gettiin all the flight deals nowadays! Nothing for the GTA though, bah!

First it was A/C to HK and Japan and now this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2008
4637 posts
2497 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote: It's great the is West gettiin all the flight deals nowadays! Nothing for the GTA though, bah!

First it was A/C to HK and Japan and now this.
you guys always hog the great Europe deals. can't have everything.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2021
132 posts
109 upvotes
YYZ gets cheaper steaks. Many previous threads could prove.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 12, 2018
39 posts
67 upvotes
ilove wrote: you guys always hog the great Europe deals. can't have everything.
ain't that the truth.. lol
Member
Aug 26, 2019
468 posts
987 upvotes
Still holding out for direct flight for the same. Hard to do multiple stop overs with kids. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2002
1946 posts
129 upvotes
Belleville
Japan deals this spring/summer? AC expanding from Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto and WestJet introducing Calgary to Tokyo
Newbie
Dec 24, 2010
13 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
One of the site that Google lists to book for the $788 is Gotogate. Has anyone used them before?

Another option is American Airlines but the price a bit higher ($853). All three legs of the trip are through JAL flights.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10515 posts
19575 upvotes
Montreal
greendisc wrote: One of the site that Google lists to book for the $788 is Gotogate. Has anyone used them before?

Another option is American Airlines but the price a bit higher ($853). All three legs of the trip are through JAL flights.
Yes, I did use GoToGate once and I had to cancel because Morroco closed its air space. I had taken the GoToGate insurance so I got a refund with fewer Fees (?) or no fee. As with all Online Travel Agency though, the time wait on the phone was hours to get through. I always try to avoid OTAs when I can and book directly with the airline if the difference is reasonable. But if you must, book with GoToGate, CheapoAir or FlightNetwork.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7555 posts
3817 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote: It's great the is West gettiin all the flight deals nowadays! Nothing for the GTA though, bah!

First it was A/C to HK and Japan and now this.
Its a small price us Torontonians pay for being the centre of the universe
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2010
166 posts
93 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
greendisc wrote: One of the site that Google lists to book for the $788 is Gotogate. Has anyone used them before?

Another option is American Airlines but the price a bit higher ($853). All three legs of the trip are through JAL flights.
I booked directly through JAL. Cost went up to $801/pp but I'd rather deal directly with the airline than 3rd party. Could select my seats and everything for free.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1094 posts
1230 upvotes
From my understanding Canadians don't need a visa for Japan and only 3 doses OR covid test 72 hours prior to arrival is required. For Vietnam you need an easy to get e-visa (online) and no covid restrictions at all.

Can anyone confirm if I am correct or if am I missing something?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3297 posts
1440 upvotes
LuminatX wrote: If you've never been, I highly recommend.
I suggest getting the unlimited rail pass if you plan on doing lots of traveling around, and you plan on taking the bullet train. (you need to purchase this before you arrive there)
Make sure to also rent a LTE wifi hotspot so you can use your phone everywhere for Google maps + translate etc.
Why did I need to rent a hotspot?? Can't I just use my phone with a local sim?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4978 posts
4416 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: Why did I need to rent a hotspot?? Can't I just use my phone with a local sim?
Yes that works as well...

Top