Jawbone Icon OR BlueAnt Q2 OR ???

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2010 7:58 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2891 posts
273 upvotes

Jawbone Icon OR BlueAnt Q2 OR ???

Looking for a higher end bluetooth headset for my dad but I really don't know much about them.

Audio quality is important but voice control features may be helpful when driving.

So far on my research the Jawbone Icon has very good audio quality and the BlueAnt has good voice control features.

So I'm looking for advice or other brand recommendations.
I'm going to try ordering it from the US to ship to a US address.

- Are the voice features of the BlueAnt Q2 that good that it's worth the slight lower audio quality?
- Is the Jawbone icon controllable with voice?

My dad has a Blackberry Curve 8520.
Any suggestions or experience appreciated.
My Heatware
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1754 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I would say go with jawbone, I have two and they are exceptional pieces of technology. I don't think you need that much voice control feature when driving, just pressing talk is all I need TBH. The noice cancellation is exactly as advertised for the jawbone.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I'm truly lost.

After three years of using the original first generation Jawbone WITHOUT finding a superior alternative., I finally succombed and gave up.

I have gone through all Jawbone releases subsequently...and while I have the ICON Currently, it underperforms.

I also have the Q1 Blueant, and IT also is inferior.

I'm not talkin about 10%...I'm talking 25% poorer in performance are both products compared to my original Jawbone....so sad.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
I have both, and honestly, the Q1 is a piece of garbage. It has the most muffled audio I've ever encountered. My $8 Samsung WEP200 has better audio quality than my BA Q1. Aside from the some what gimmicky blue genie voice command system, the ICON destroys the Q1. The original Jawbone was pretty cool, had much better battery life than the ICON, but it has the most terrible interface and very poor QC. I had around 6 of them over the years, with each one either disintegrating and malfunctioning in one way or another. I've had two ICON's, and both have been perfect in terms of audio quality and build quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2891 posts
273 upvotes
thanks for the replies!

I've gone ahead with the Jawbone. Seems like it's the best rated and it's a good price on amazon.com
My Heatware