Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] JBL On Stage 400P Ipod Dock- $169.99 @ BB ($110 saving) + Free Ipod Shuffle!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2010 4:14 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2009
59 posts
8 upvotes

[Best Buy] JBL On Stage 400P Ipod Dock- $169.99 @ BB ($110 saving) + Free Ipod Shuffle!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/jbl ... ea0213en02

First deal post so please take it easy on me if its not super hot!

Best Buy has the JBL On Stage 400P on for $169.99 (regular $279.99) and are giving away a free 2gb newest generation Ipod Shuffle ($59.99 value). The promo will both instore and online.

Picked up the JBL On Stage 200iD last week on sale for $99.99 but this is much hotter.

Based on reviews and initial impression, this bad boy is very comparable to the Bose Sound Dock for almost half the price. Great for large rooms and JBL (Harman Kardon) quality is obviously very high.

Happy Holidays everyone!
15 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19386 posts
2138 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Just picked up some Gigaworks T40 for $140. Not nearly enough bass as I had hoped but a lot of my music seems to be producing a lot more instruments than previously heard through my old speakers, Apple HiFi.

This JBL speaker charge iPhones?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3046 posts
1637 upvotes
Mississauga
im lazy...wheres the link? > :(
[OP]
Nov 2, 2009
59 posts
8 upvotes
sorry, link added to the initial post. It charges and plays both ipod and iphones. Its not huge but its not necessarily designed to be portable speaker dock either, more of a home solution like the bose sound dock. but i have read reviews of people moving it around and i could see myself doing so if necessary.

I can tell you the bass on this thing is indicative of a higher end dock and definitely much more noticeable than the On Stage 200id.
Dec 6, 2009
11 posts
The reviews seem pretty good...as long as you don't need to use battery power.

Anyone know if the JBL 400P is compatible with the iPhone 4?
Aug 10, 2005
50 posts
Thanks, went for the deal. The reviews seem to agree that this is an excellent mid range dock.
Jan 27, 2005
362 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
very interested in this one - anyone have any experience with this model?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
ramse wrote: Thanks, went for the deal. The reviews seem to agree that this is an excellent mid range dock.

what constitutes a high end dock?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
sexyblackbmw wrote: These my friend. http://hifiaudiogear.com/ipod-iphone-docks-amps-7/ paired with these http://totemacoustic.com/english/hi-fi/ ... signature/

Sounds fabulous! Bay/Bloor radio carries some stuff if you'd like to audition for yourself.

jeezus. vaccuum tubes. i wish i could afford those. seems a shame to push mp3's through them rather than full digital uncompressed music ;)
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2007
1287 posts
82 upvotes
The majority of high end/newly released iPod/iPhone docks end up being universal.
Even Apple admitted that the only difference between older dock connectors and newer
ones were slight modifications and changes in which port (wire) the positive charge was going
through. What this meant was, unless your speak dock was back in the days, it would have
only utilized very minor changes in the connector's electric ports (input <> outputs) which meant
it is still compatible.

I know this for a fact since I was afraid my Logitech MM22 speaker dock (intro'd in 2005) would no
longer be compatible with my iPhone4 as it was made for 1st gen iPhone.. but guess what,
it works, worked for my iPhone3G, 3GS and now 4! Although expect a pop up message on your phone,
just tap "Dismiss" and it'll continue to sync/charge.

[IMG]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5784/p1030162o.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT: I would recommend using the AC as much as possible as I believe with older docks, the connector
does not supply enough/appropriate amount of power to meet the iPhone4 specs. Otherwise, it should
work without a problem.
blondlady wrote: The reviews seem pretty good...as long as you don't need to use battery power.

Anyone know if the JBL 400P is compatible with the iPhone 4?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28642 posts
1310 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Too bad it's not a nano hehe.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
madman604 wrote: jeezus. vaccuum tubes. i wish i could afford those. seems a shame to push mp3's through them rather than full digital uncompressed music ;)

I only listen to Apple Lossless.... very rarely Mp3 ;)

FLAC is amazing too... have to figure out a way to properly convert to Apple Lossless.

But yes, I agree, shame to listen to only Mp3's...
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4505 posts
591 upvotes
Scarborough
thehockeyguy wrote: i don't like green color.
2. Select colour of iPod Shuffle to your cart
Too bad I can't use the aircurve dock I have for my 3GS with my iPhone4 since there is no 'adapter' for the "groove" in which it sits in.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b