• Dec 15th, 2017 11:46 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA

Jean Claude Van Johnson, Amazon’s Thriller Comedy Scheduled for December 15th

"Jean Claude Van Damme’s recent career renaissance playing characters who as often as not are commentaries on his storied (and sometimes infamous) action movie career has been a lot of fun. Hopefully it won’t end soon, but it might be reaching its logical conclusion with Jean Claude Van Johnson, an upcoming Amazon pilot that casts the Muscles from Brussels as a secret professional killer who also happens to be, wait for it, a global action star. Operating under the alias “Johnson”, Van Damme was once the most dangerous private contractor in the world. Now retired, he’s brought back into the game after a chance encounter with a lost love. Now he’s deadlier than ever. Maybe. It’s playing as part of Amazon’s next Pilot Season, and the first trailer has been unleashed."
from http://deadline.com/2016/08/jean-claude ... 201805688/
Last edited by tk1000 on Aug 19th, 2016 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2030 posts
273 upvotes
Wtf...i have to wait this long for the next episode?!
I enjoyed that pilot episode.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON : THE TRAILER COMPLETELY CROSSED OUT OF THE SERIES WITH JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME
https://sivertimes.com/jean-claude-van- ... amme/75964

Jean-Claude is finally never as good as when he plays Jean-Claude Van Damme interpreting it in Jean-Claude Van Johnson.

Jean-Claude Van Damme is a character. Now more known for his punchlines, some philosophical, for its kicks tatanes, JCVD deserved a work to his name. Because there is no Netflix in life, the series meets the sweet name of parody of Jean-Claude Van Johnson is produced by Amazon, already responsible for good productions are Mozart in the Jungle , or The Man in The High Castle. The pilot had been unveiled a year ago and and deceived already a press unanimous for a show between JCVD with Jean-Claude Van Damme in his own role and the excellent series Episodes.

We tell the story of a secret agent is improvising actor star to carry out its operations to the four corners of the world, the series makes the good share with the muscles from brussels for a show produced by the great Ridley Scott. Series scheduled for December 15, on the platform, the trailer promises us a delirious, explosive, absurd but highly enjoyable with a Van Damme who has never been in better shape. Lending itself readily to parody, a caricature of its past glory, the belgian is always also aware.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4396 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
I saw the pilot episode when I was in the US in the summer and I liked it. It's like JCVD but goofier.

Self parody is a niche that Van Damme seems to excel at in the late stages of his career...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1