Automotive

Jeep owners/enthusiasts: What do you think about the new Bronco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 2:03 am

Poll: Now that Bronco is revealed

• Total votes: 13. You have voted on this poll.
Now a Bronco Fan

62%
Still a Jeep Fan

8%
Equal love for both

31%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4433 posts
177 upvotes

Jeep owners/enthusiasts: What do you think about the new Bronco?

Obviously we still need way more info on the bronco and need to see it in person and read the reviews, but from what you guys have seen so far, what do you guys think about the bronco? Do you see yourself converting?

I know Ford had to go all in, as there was a lot of hype around for years. I think this might be the one the few vehicles which was positively received and lives up to exceeded the hype and expectation. One of the major complaints about this is the lack of V8.

Jeep V8:
I know the Jeep is coming out with the V8 wrangler, which I think is amazing. I love what FCA is doing. They are putting a V8 is anything and everything they make lol. This is working for them and customers are loving it. The V8 Jeep is going to do well.

Ford V8:
I don't think We will ever see a V8 in the bronco. Ford has been investing too much money into their ecoboost engines. The boosted V6 are producing same as or exceeding the power and torque figures of the NA V8s. Ford made a comment back in the 80s that small boosted engines are the future. I would love it if Ford twin turbo'd the V8. That EcoBeast could easily make 800hp lol.

If Ford ever does come out with a TT V8, that will probably be to appease the V8 fans who went after the V8 wrangler.

I would love a V8, why? The SOUND. that is the main reason why I want a V8. Other than than the V6 EB is better, especially for a off road vehicle where you get the low end torque.

Anyways what do you guys think?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2714 posts
1245 upvotes
Calgary
I think the Bronco looks great on paper. I like how you can option it out on even the base trim. It sucks that it's still a year away. I have had my JL Wrangler 2.0T for just over a year and it's been perfect. Lots of fun, great on gas, tons of power. I would be open to trying the Bronco once initial hype dies down a bit. I think Jeep has the diesel, PHEV soon, and potentially the V8 over the Ford. Also lots of hard core off road guys will want the Solid front end which the Bronco doesn't have.

The one thing that I don't like so far is the pricing. People think Wranglers are expensive, but the Bronco pricing is quite a bit higher than that from what's posted on Ford's site. Have to wait and see if they adjust it later.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2471 posts
1446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jeep is more about the community than about the car. Bronco doesn't have it. Even if Bronco is a superior vehicle in every sense, I will still buy a Jeep.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18809 posts
2091 upvotes
On paper the Bronco ticks a lot of boxes and while I may want a base model with the Sasquatch package, I plan to always have a Wrangler in my garage.

And yes, it is the Jeep community and tradition that ties me to the iconic 7 slot grill.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4433 posts
177 upvotes
Bronco certainly can't compete in the community aspect as it has been missing for more than 2 decades. It needs time to develop and build a community and a following.

Along with that, it needs to build aftermarket support as well. There will come a point in a few years when Bronco will have a community built around it, I don't know if it'll be on the same level as Jeeps but it'll be enough to get the community feel and closeness I guess.

After all we all fit into the off-road community where all off-road vehicles meet up and tackle the trails together.