• Sep 13th, 2019 10:56 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1511 posts
390 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
mac_ec wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:21 am
Oh I forgot, there’s a little gremlin in my Wrangler with the heated seats. Apparently it only happens for my wife and they turn off my themselves and won’t turn on again. I can’t replicate it and neither can the FCA techs. You’ve been warned... lol
Huh. A quick search shows you are definitely not alone with that issue, and there are plenty of reports of the same problem on the JK too.

Noted.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1511 posts
390 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
sandeep8g wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:27 am
"You will be contacted by your selected dealership to schedule an appointment based on your preferences indicated below."

Im good.

My dealer called me within 15 minutes of submitting the form!

I'm going tomorrow evening. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1200 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mac_ec wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:21 am
Oh I forgot, there’s a little gremlin in my Wrangler with the heated seats. Apparently it only happens for my wife and they turn off my themselves and won’t turn on again. I can’t replicate it and neither can the FCA techs. You’ve been warned... lol
I hope I don't get that problem in my JK
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6611 posts
587 upvotes
TO
stizarch wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 10:13 am
I found this on google

https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contest ... efSrc=news

Register for a PIN on this link
Thanks, it's better if you remove direct link and rather put in quotes to copy/paste -
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2210 posts
924 upvotes
B.C.
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 9:27 am
I chucked mine directly into recycling on purpose.

I just can't see myself going through a whole sales pitch for a vehicle I have zero interest in ever driving just for $50.
I can't imagine the relentless hounding that would come from one of these test drives.

The american brands are the worst! I test drove a Ford and they wouldn't stop calling. I can't imagine that ever working, but I guess they need to look busy to get paid if they aren't selling cars!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42345 posts
3033 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 9:51 am
Really? I would have thought that they'd get in trouble for not forcing the test drive on you. I'm not sure I have it in me to go in there just to demand a gift card regardless. :)
Not "demand", but a lot of the guys will just do it for you if they know you're not interested in buying the car at all. They'd rather not be tied up to someone who's not earning them commission.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $30***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18950 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:39 am
I can't imagine the relentless hounding that would come from one of these test drives.

The american brands are the worst! I test drove a Ford and they wouldn't stop calling. I can't imagine that ever working, but I guess they need to look busy to get paid if they aren't selling cars!
I wouldn't know. The last time I owned an american car was my first car and last american car. That thing was the worst...
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4937 posts
1824 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:47 am
I wouldn't know. The last time I owned an american car was my first car and last american car. That thing was the worst...
No kidding, same her , what a hunk of POS that truck was
Nov 12, 2017
64 posts
77 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:35 am
Thanks, it's better if you remove direct link and rather put in quotes to copy/paste -
Is that to hide the referral?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1511 posts
390 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:39 am

I've taken several of these promotional test drives, and have never gotten repeat follow-ups from sales people.

I've taken lots of test drives outside of promotions as well. I don't think I've ever had a salesperson follow-up more than once after a dealership visit.
Jul 12, 2012
246 posts
61 upvotes
Sarnia
Going in now to do a test drive. I will report back with the details.
Aug 6, 2016
119 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Got a code, planned to go test drive a Rubicon this week anyways so a free $50 gift card was a no brainer for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
Still no diesel in Canada? Not interested with the horrendous fuel economy otherwise.
Jan 29, 2018
268 posts
257 upvotes
JC69 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:10 pm
Still no diesel in Canada? Not interested with the horrendous fuel economy otherwise.
Available next year
Mar 18, 2008
195 posts
117 upvotes
toronto
rkjredflag wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:20 am
We've seen a lot of these offers over the years from various automotive brands, so clearly they feel it is worth their while, even after considering sales people being tied up for a while by non-serious buyers.
Yeah I probably will do the test drive itself...not sure if I would offend anyone by just asking them to process the code.