Entertainment

Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow to star in Spy Thriller TV Series 'The Old Man'

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2022 9:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village

Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow to star in Spy Thriller TV Series 'The Old Man'

Really looking forward to this, to be directed by Jon Watts who did Spiderman Far From Home.

https://www.fxnetworks.com/news/network ... s-old-man/

A former intelligence officer living off the radar finds himself targeted for assassination and is forced back into the world he left behind.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
44 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village
Teaser is out

All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11574 posts
3969 upvotes
Winnipeg
looks good
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23754 posts
8530 upvotes
Yeah, he tweeted he had a treatable form of lymphoma. A bud of mine had something similar. Not all cancers prove to be fatal these days. Good for him. Will be great to see him in something again...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village
Coming June 16.

All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 24, 2004
8005 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Looks awesome!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village
Wow, the premiere did not disappoint, intense stuff.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2005
3074 posts
675 upvotes
Pickering
First 2 episodes were great, looking forward to the rest of this series.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
night blade wrote: First 2 episodes were great, looking forward to the rest of this series.
Great? IMO, this is the best stuff on TV since Sons of Anarchy.
Awards season is over. Give John Lithgow the Emmy.

Only bummer it is a 7 episode mini-series.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village
KravenHead wrote: Great? IMO, this is the best stuff on TV since Sons of Anarchy.
Awards season is over. Give John Lithgow the Emmy.

Only bummer it is a 7 episode mini-series.
Even that young actor who played a young John Lithgow was great, sounded like him too.
And he's Canadian.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0714992/
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23566 posts
5723 upvotes
Toronto
nice, I have this queued up.........too many good shows to watch but this is now part of my collection.........

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11574 posts
3969 upvotes
Winnipeg
excellent show would have made a great movie too but a series will do it more justice.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 2, 2003
3946 posts
2949 upvotes
B.C.
Am I the only one who has any love for those spectacular Rottweilers?

Bridges and Lithgow didn't disappoint. Lithgow's scenes were in some cases just so sad and heartbreaking.

I did think there were a few scenes where the dialogue seemed a bit forced and went on a bit too long. One would be the scene between Agent Waters and Alia Shawkat's character at that big table. One other being the opening scene with that endless, droning voiceover from Bridges' daughter on the phone.

Having said that, some of the scenes were magic, like the one at dinner between Bridges and Amy Brenneman. Just a great show so far.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11574 posts
3969 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheHans wrote: Am I the only one who has any love for those spectacular Rottweilers?

Bridges and Lithgow didn't disappoint. Lithgow's scenes were in some cases just so sad and heartbreaking.

I did think there were a few scenes where the dialogue seemed a bit forced and went on a bit too long. One would be the scene between Agent Waters and Alia Shawkat's character at that big table. One other being the opening scene with that endless, droning voiceover from Bridges' daughter on the phone.

Having said that, some of the scenes were magic, like the one at dinner between Bridges and Amy Brenneman. Just a great show so far.
The problem is the show is good but my wife won't watch it cause she thinks the dogs will get hurt at some point. Dam it just don't use animals in thrillers.

Most of the dialogue are kinda crucial to the tone and character development you can't really cut any of it. Its to make you listen closely to help uncover what's really going on and going down. No spoilers sorry can't add details but the daughter alone has become a big maybe or maybe not right now. Atleast 2 episodes in anyway.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 2, 2003
3946 posts
2949 upvotes
B.C.
lead wrote: The problem is the show is good but my wife won't watch it cause she thinks the dogs will get hurt at some point. Dam it just don't use animals in thrillers.

Most of the dialogue are kinda crucial to the tone and character development you can't really cut any of it. Its to make you listen closely to help uncover what's really going on and going down. No spoilers sorry can't add details but the daughter alone has become a big maybe or maybe not right now. Atleast 2 episodes in anyway.
Agreed on the daughter.

As for the dogs -- I'm exactly like your wife . It's like that for me with all animals on screen, not just dogs. It makes it tough sometimes LOL. There are lots of good films I've never watched because I know it won't go well for the animals. There's a TV series I recall that I really wanted to see, but the main character hits a deer on the road in the first five minutes, so we didn't watch it. I didn't think about the fact that those Rottweilers might get hurt at some point. I hope that doesn't happen. :(
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6283 upvotes
Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to check it out.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11574 posts
3969 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheHans wrote: Agreed on the daughter.

As for the dogs -- I'm exactly like your wife . It's like that for me with all animals on screen, not just dogs. It makes it tough sometimes LOL. There are lots of good films I've never watched because I know it won't go well for the animals. There's a TV series I recall that I really wanted to see, but the main character hits a deer on the road in the first five minutes, so we didn't watch it. I didn't think about the fact that those Rottweilers might get hurt at some point. I hope that doesn't happen. :(
I hope, fingers crossed. He leave's the dogs with Zoe who was scared of them for protection and goes to meet his fate alone.

Honestly I have little understanding for the need of her character. But if for that...yeah her role is then kinda crucial and would save the series from alienating alot of viewers.

I never read the book so I can't say.Kinda might after tho.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8837 posts
5833 upvotes
Global Village
TheHans wrote: Am I the only one who has any love for those spectacular Rottweilers?

Bridges and Lithgow didn't disappoint. Lithgow's scenes were in some cases just so sad and heartbreaking.

I did think there were a few scenes where the dialogue seemed a bit forced and went on a bit too long. One would be the scene between Agent Waters and Alia Shawkat's character at that big table. One other being the opening scene with that endless, droning voiceover from Bridges' daughter on the phone.

Having said that, some of the scenes were magic, like the one at dinner between Bridges and Amy Brenneman. Just a great show so far.
Carol and Dave are the real stars... Their attack instincts in the show have been raptor-like.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii

Top