Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1779 posts
1185 upvotes
DP: PS'd from TD Aeroplan to TD First Class Travel

Spent $1,500.

40,000 points posted before $1500 settled.

20,000 for the first purchase are missing.

Looks like I won't be getting full 60k.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: DP: PS'd from TD Aeroplan to TD First Class Travel

Spent $1,500.

40,000 points posted before $1500 settled.

20,000 for the first purchase are missing.

Looks like I won't be getting full 60k.
More info would be appreciated:

1) was this tradeline EVER the FCT card in its history, and if so, how long apart was the gap between being older and now current FCT? Was it at least a year since it was PS’d away from being the FCT?

2) did the 40K MSR-bonus post at the first/second statement, or in between statements once the $1500 was nearly ready to be posted/settled?

20K first-purchase bonus used to appear right away after the purchase settled. So unless things have changed then you won’t be getting this unless you call in to get it injected manually by a supervisor. If the PS-rep said you’d get it then you can argue with them using the recorded conversation. Good luck.
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. [email protected] 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1779 posts
1185 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: More info would be appreciated:

1) was this tradeline EVER the FCT card in its history, and if so, how long apart was the gap between being older and now current FCT? Was it at least a year since it was PS’d away from being the FCT?

2) did the 40K MSR-bonus post at the first/second statement, or in between statements once the $1500 was nearly ready to be posted/settled?

20K first-purchase bonus used to appear right away after the purchase settled. So unless things have changed then you won’t be getting this unless you call in to get it injected manually by a supervisor. If the PS-rep said you’d get it then you can argue with them using the recorded conversation. Good luck.
1. I posted it earlier before - I am on second cycle of TD First class->TD Cashback->TD Aeroplan.

I am on my second TD FCT. All PSs done about 7-8 month gap to prevent any manual overrides and people looking into accounts.

So, about just over a year from first FCT.

2. First statement hasn't even generated yet :) 40k points posted before my transactions posted.

3. First Rep I spoke with I would get full 60k, second Rep said I would only get 40k + FYF.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: 1. I posted it earlier before - I am on second cycle of TD First class->TD Cashback->TD Aeroplan.

I am on my second TD FCT. All PSs done about 7-8 month gap to prevent any manual overrides and people looking into accounts.

So, about just over a year from first FCT.

2. First statement hasn't even generated yet :) 40k points posted before my transactions posted.

3. First Rep I spoke with I would get full 60k, second Rep said I would only get 40k + FYF.
Sorry, I didn't review your earlier post so wasn't aware.

Anyways, maybe you missed my earlier posts on this topic of TD PS'ing. My DPs are that you will NOT automatically get the first-purchase bonus on a PS-churn if you don't have at least 1.5year gap in between the product DNA in the tradeline. In my case I PS'd 3 TD tradelines to the FCT when it was FYF/20K first-purchase + 60K MSR-bonus, in Spring 2019. None of them got the 20K FPB, and they were between 1 and 1.5 yrs gap times, likely closer to 2 years. Because, at that same promo period there was a positive DP for the 20K FPB, but the person who reported it didn't give an exact gap time and just said it was around 2 years.

For the TD AVI, the positive PS-churn for the 15K FPB is around 1.5 yrs, and for the CBVI I believe it is just over a year. And by this I mean automatically received the bonus, without having to call in to get it adjusted.

Ok, now I went back to see your earlier post. But your story is inconsistent. You said back then that the FIRST rep said you'd only get the 40K, and the SECOND rep said you'd get the full 60K. But now you say it's the OTHER way around? Anyways, up to you, if you want give them a call. Have the case elevated to a supervisor, don't rely on the first-level rep to resolve it for you without a manager's intervention.

For the MSR-bonus, the first time I opened an FCT card was in Fall 2017, and they posted it for EVERYONE at some random same-date, no matter when the MSR was reached. In the Spring 2019 promo the MSR-bonus posted at the first/next statement after reaching the spend. They may have gone back to the random style of posting the MSR-bonus, as per your datapoint.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1779 posts
1185 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Sorry, I didn't review your earlier post so wasn't aware.

Anyways, maybe you missed my earlier posts on this topic of TD PS'ing. My DPs are that you will NOT automatically get the first-purchase bonus on a PS-churn if you don't have at least 1.5year gap in between the product DNA in the tradeline. In my case I PS'd 3 TD tradelines to the FCT when it was FYF/20K first-purchase + 60K MSR-bonus, in Spring 2019. None of them got the 20K FPB, and they were between 1 and 1.5 yrs gap times, likely closer to 2 years. Because, at that same promo period there was a positive DP for the 20K FPB, but the person who reported it didn't give an exact gap time and just said it was around 2 years.

For the TD AVI, the positive PS-churn for the 15K FPB is around 1.5 yrs, and for the CBVI I believe it is just over a year. And by this I mean automatically received the bonus, without having to call in to get it adjusted.

Ok, now I went back to see your earlier post. But your story is inconsistent. You said back then that the FIRST rep said you'd only get the 40K, and the SECOND rep said you'd get the full 60K. But now you say it's the OTHER way around? Anyways, up to you, if you want give them a call. Have the case elevated to a supervisor, don't rely on the first-level rep to resolve it for you without a manager's intervention.

For the MSR-bonus, the first time I opened an FCT card was in Fall 2017, and they posted it for EVERYONE at some random same-date, no matter when the MSR was reached. In the Spring 2019 promo the MSR-bonus posted at the first/next statement after reaching the spend. They may have gone back to the random style of posting the MSR-bonus, as per your datapoint.
Bee, you the man for all your TD PSs. I have read a whole bunch of them.

I am used to CS being inconsistent and hearing all kind of stories. I try to live up to the RFD motto of 'Be the DP that you want to see'. Looks like TD only gives out partial sign up bonus for PSs.

I don't want to escalate things further and for them to do any digging. FYF + $200 is good to me...

Until the next PS in the cycle Smiling Face With Halo
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: Bee, you the man for all your TD PSs. I have read a whole bunch of them.

I am used to CS being inconsistent and hearing all kind of stories. I try to live up to the RFD motto of 'Be the DP that you want to see'. Looks like TD only gives out partial sign up bonus for PSs.

I don't want to escalate things further and for them to do any digging. FYF + $200 is good to me...

Until the next PS in the cycle Smiling Face With Halo
Actually, I think that’s a motto from Reddit Land which bled over to here. At RFD, it’s been more a case of “Let’s see what @JerryHung's has been up to.” :lol:

Well, yes and no. You can get the first-purchase bonus again on a TD PS-churn if you wait long enough. I’ve had a few repeated AVI full bonuses but they were all over 2 years gap-times. Others have reported getting the 10% CVBI with about a year gap.

If you’re willing to open more TD tradelines then you’ll eventually have a greater arsenal for doing PS’s for the full welcome bonuses opposite to what the terms say. And for existing clients, since TD has been known to skip hard credit checks if you’re using EasyWeb assistance, then it makes that strategy that much easier to swallow.

Then, when you have enough TD tradelines opened, you have your pick at which PS playground ride to go on. I'm up to 6 TD Go Karts, and they're continually going in and out of the pit stop before coming out for another lap. The downside is that it's less favourable to ask a TD supervisor to extend manual injections of missing rewards. :( :lol:
Feb 12, 2020
375 posts
576 upvotes
What is has been the recommended term in between churning CIBC credit cards in the past two years?
6 months between cancellation-application? 9 months? 12 months?
Jun 11, 2015
194 posts
225 upvotes
London Ontario
So it seems that CIBC has consolidated their IT within the last few months and they check your individual profile for specific PS offers. I keep getting the TO call center and get denied FYF every time. Same result for both personal and business cards. The only way to eke out a few more points would be to PS to a basic no fee card AP or AV and get 50% of the WB.

Anyone have any success with Fredericton call center or with PS to an infinite product? I've HUCA x7 at this point and i think she's dead jim.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
junggoo wrote: What is has been the recommended term in between churning CIBC credit cards in the past two years?
6 months between cancellation-application? 9 months? 12 months?
+45 days between two consecutive applications for the EXACT same card product, else the system triggers a flag.

CIBC re-used a prior pull within 60 days so I was able to avoid a second credit check.

I followed this timeline when I opened 5 Aerogold for Business Visa cards within 12 months, circa 2016-2017.

If you have cancellations in the mix then there’s a small chance they may re-open the newly closed exact same card product. I was fortunate that they didn’t.
Jun 11, 2015
194 posts
225 upvotes
London Ontario
bizee-bee wrote: CIBC re-used a prior pull within 60 days so I was able to avoid a second credit check.
I seem to recall that the check stays on your file for 90 days. Did you apply in branch to have it reused? I didn't think that you could reuse without going in person.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
picklefingers wrote: I seem to recall that the check stays on your file for 90 days. Did you apply in branch to have it reused? I didn't think that you could reuse without going in person.
All applications done online. Perhaps it is 90 days, but the floating DPs in those days mentioned that it was more like 60 days.
Feb 12, 2020
375 posts
576 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: +45 days between two consecutive applications for the EXACT same card product, else the system triggers a flag.

CIBC re-used a prior pull within 60 days so I was able to avoid a second credit check.

I followed this timeline when I opened 5 Aerogold for Business Visa cards within 12 months, circa 2016-2017.

If you have cancellations in the mix then there’s a small chance they may re-open the newly closed exact same card product. I was fortunate that they didn’t.
OK, thanks. Sounds like 6 months will be enough then.
Master Bee, please never leave this forum.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
junggoo wrote: OK, thanks. Sounds like 6 months will be enough then.
Master Bee, please never leave this forum.
More than enough, if you’re looking at opening 2 different card products. But who can say for sure, with how the FI’s have been reacting during this most unusual pandemic squeeze that we are experiencing.

Pave a glorious new path and we will follow! I sense a new awakening.
4A0383C9-D6D0-492E-B1F9-0C39B0AE36D7.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4385 upvotes
BC
azncapcom wrote: Does Scotiabank do PS's on their cards?

Will be looking to PS the momentum VI to a free card after getting the cash back promo.
Yes, you can switch to a no-fee card.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
9927 posts
3159 upvotes
multi city dweller
rhw123 wrote: Yes, you can switch to a no-fee card.
is this new? i thought bns will issue a diff card # for the new card ... so technically not a ps ...?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4385 upvotes
BC
LOL808 wrote: is this new? i thought bns will issue a diff card # for the new card ... so technically not a ps ...?
Yes, different card number. At least for the one I did (Passport VI to Momentum no fee).
They also initially close you credit line and open a new one but eventually they get merged on your credit report and you keep the full history. So I would still call it a product switch.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6879 posts
7307 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: Yes, different card number. At least for the one I did (Passport VI to Momentum no fee).
They also initially close you credit line and open a new one but eventually they get merged on your credit report and you keep the full history. So I would still call it a product switch.
Interesting. I’ve never noticed this on my PS’s. I should pay closer attention.

IME, TD is the only FI that keeps the CC number the same after a PS.

BMO, CIBC, RBC all issue a new Visa or MC number in a PS, but no big deal. The history of the tradeline carries over.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5598 posts
1163 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: Yes, different card number. At least for the one I did (Passport VI to Momentum no fee).
When you say they close and open a new line, would that be considered a credit check? If so, would that not be the same as cancelling and opening the new card manually?
bizee-bee wrote: Interesting. I’ve never noticed this on my PS’s. I should pay closer attention.

IME, TD is the only FI that keeps the CC number the same after a PS.

BMO, CIBC, RBC all issue a new Visa or MC number in a PS, but no big deal. The history of the tradeline carries over.
Is there a credit check when doing PS with these other banks? I've only ever done TD PS.
For all these other banks, I'm assuming you also get the sign up bonus on PS's?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)