• Jan 27th, 2023 3:34 pm
Tags:
None
Temp. Banned
Nov 18, 2015
751 posts
166 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Does anyone know if Amex has offered fyf for the biz SPG card and if yes,how often? Also, has GCR ever offered rebates for said card?

TIA!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
Hey, does an app for Scotia AMEX Gold pull Equifax or TransUnion?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: I am sure someone asked that in the last 7 days!! can't find it now (this thread or the SCOTIA AMEX thread here)
Someone replied Transunion I believe
Searched both threads and couldn't find it in either one.

On my list of creditors, the last info I had was that it alternates between Equifax and TransUnion.
Oct 16, 2014
225 posts
152 upvotes
Moncton, NB
There's a workaround to get your Equifax score, one can do that every 180 days:
  1. Sign up for a Free 30-day trial of Equifax Canada Complete™ Advantage at http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/canada/f ... al-en.html
  2. Get your report and score online
  3. Cancel at any time during the 30-day trial by calling 1-800-871-3250, 8am - 12am EST
If you do not cancel during the Free Trial Period, they will charge your card $16.95 at the end of the 30-day period and monthly thereafter
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone remember what the previous TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite promo was, just before the current one?

I forget the # of bonus points awarded and the requirements to be met (ie. first purchase or minimum $xxx spending within 3 months, etc). I do know it was 50% of the annual fee (ie. $60 instead of $120) and there was $70 RFD CB to cover that. But was it 20,000 or 25,000 aeroplan points? TIA :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6864 posts
7259 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote: Does anyone remember what the previous TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite promo was, just before the current one?

I forget the # of bonus points awarded and the requirements to be met (ie. first purchase or minimum $xxx spending within 3 months, etc). I do know it was 50% of the annual fee (ie. $60 instead of $120) and there was $70 RFD CB to cover that. But was it 20,000 or 25,000 aeroplan points? TIA :)
15,000 initial welcome points after first purchase. Additional 10,000 bonus (Distinction-eligible) after $1000 spending within 3 months. 25,000 total points.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote: Does anyone remember what the previous TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite promo was, just before the current one?

bizee-bee wrote: 15,000 initial welcome points after first purchase. Additional 10,000 bonus (Distinction-eligible) after $1000 spending within 3 months. 25,000 total points.
Actually, it was 15k AP after first purchase & 10K after being active for 3 months + a $50 shop.ca credit (& 3k AP if you used it)

FY was 1/2 price at $60, offset by $60 RFD cashback (not $70)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6864 posts
7259 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: Actually, it was 15k AP after first purchase & 10K after being active for 3 months + a $50 shop.ca credit (& 3k AP if you used it)

The previous promo was $70 RFD cashback ($50 GCR). And still is $70, just have a look at the RFD Cash Back page.

The additional bonus 10K points did NOT require the card to be active for 3 months. This requirement to be active for 3 months is NEW to the current promo, in order to get the deflated 5K (instead of previous 10K) additional bonus points.

The $50 Shop.ca promo was NOT part of the previous signup promo for the Infinite card, you could have signed up in 2014 and your TD Aero Visa was eligible. Plus it was/is available to other TD Aeroplan cards as well not just the Infinite version (eg, Platinum, Business, Infinite Privilege).
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
sundawner1 wrote: Same here. Doesn't know and I have with Scotiabank for about 15 years.

Called ratesupermarket and they were useless.

Called Scotia and they asked me to do it at the branch.

I emailed President's office of Scotia and will keep you updated.
What happened with this
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: The previous promo was $70 RFD cashback ($60 GCR). And still is $70, just have a look at the RFD Cash Back page.

The additional bonus 10K points did NOT require the card to be active for 3 months. This requirement to be active for 3 months is NEW to the current promo, in order to get the deflated 5K (instead of previous 10K) additional bonus points.

The $50 Shop.ca promo was NOT part of the previous signup promo for the Infinite card, you could have signed up in 2014 and your TD Aero Visa was eligible. Plus it was/is available to other TD Aeroplan cards as well not just the Infinite version (eg, Platinum, Business, Infinite Privilege).
I'm sorry, you're wrong. The offer that ended on Oct. 30th (well, the one he's referring to with the 50% FY fee; source code CAqD7, I think) was all of what I mentioned.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote: 15,000 initial welcome points after first purchase. Additional 10,000 bonus (Distinction-eligible) after $1000 spending within 3 months. 25,000 total points.
I recall it being 25,000 total points, but was unsure if a minimum spending was required, which I bolded above. I don't think the min $1000 was required.
G0DKING wrote: Actually, it was 15k AP after first purchase & 10K after being active for 3 months + a $50 shop.ca credit (& 3k AP if you used it)

I think this was the more likely scenario, just the requirement to keep it active to achieve the remaining 10,000 points. The $50 shop.ca credit and bonus 3000 points is available to anyone who has to TD Aeroplan card.
G0DKING wrote: I'm sorry, you're wrong. The offer that ended on Oct. 30th (well, the one he's referring to with the 50% FY fee; source code CAqD7, I think) was all of what I mentioned.
Thank you both for replying, I am positive it was half off the annual fee ($60 instead of $120) and I applied using the RFD CB to get $70. The CB is $70 pending in my account right now, depending on the card you got, it was either $45 (TD Platinum) or $70 (TD Infinite) CB. And yes, it did end Oct 30.

I took a screenshot of the CB rates when applying but forgot to capture the requirements for bonus points. Will do next time so I don't forget haha.

Appreciate the help, now I don't have to rush to spend $1000 within first 3 months! Just wanted that aspect clarified. :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6864 posts
7259 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: I'm sorry, you're wrong. The offer that ended on Oct. 30th (well, the one he's referring to with the 50% FY fee; source code CAqD7, I think) was all of what I mentioned.
I signed up for a card in the previous promo, the one that ended Oct 30th, 2015. So everything I wrote above is as it was. I got $70 RFD Cash Back, and the 10K additional points after my 2nd statement, ~35 days after I got approved for the card (first statement cycled while my card was in the postal mail). The RFD source code is correct, and it has been the same 'CAqD7' since RFD first started offering cash back for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card, in Fall 2014. Hasn't changed.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1964 posts
956 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: I signed up for a card in the previous promo, the one that ended Oct 30th, 2015. So everything I wrote above is as it was.
Verbatim:
You could get away faster with a Welcome Bonus1 of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase and use them towards an Aeroplan Flight Reward2. Earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles3 when you keep your Account open and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval, plus 50% Fee Rebate4 for the first year!

And there's more…

Get a one-time discount of up to $50 at SHOP.CA, plus an additional 3,000 Aeroplan Miles when you use your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card at SHOP.CA by December 31, 2015†.

3 To receive the additional 10,000 Aeroplan Miles Bonus ("Additional Miles"), you must: (a) apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account ("Account") through the link on this website between September 1, 2015 – October 30, 2015 and and (b) keep your Account open, active and good standing for 90 days after Account approval. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person. Please allow 8 weeks after your first Purchase is posted to the Account for the Welcome Bonus Miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member account. Please allow up to 8 weeks after you fulfill the eligibility criteria for the Additional Miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member account. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified.
Feb 13, 2014
535 posts
299 upvotes
RFD Land
There were many sign ups for the TD Aeroplan Infinite... RFD, GCR and Greedy Rates.

You guys might be getting mixed up depending on the signup code you did and when?

Mine isn't even the same as Godking because I used Greedyrates signup just before the Oct 30th deadline. Code = Sb6l9 at the time.

The greedyrates signup was 15,000 on first purchase + 10,000 Extra after keeping account open for 90 days and First Year Free. There was NO $1K spend required and I didn't get any cashback for the greedyrates signup.

The greedyrates signup also didn't mention the $50 Shop.ca bonus but I used the code and it worked of course as the shop.ca checks your card type and applies if correct. Shop.ca doesn't know where you signed up for your card.. they only care if you use the TD Aeroplan card as payment method.

Greedyrates is now the following Post Oct 30th.

Receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make a purchase and for a limited time, you can also get an additional 5,000 miles when you keep your account active and in good standing for 90 days after approval.
100% Fee Rebate (Primary Cardholder only) for the first year - that's $120 in savings. Offer Valid until January 4th, 2016.

Of course if you used it now you could also do a Shop.ca purchase and get the $50 off and 3,000AP as the shop.ca bonus is until Dec 30th.

I already got 1st statement on my signup and Annual Fee was posted and rebated. I did the first purchase and am now waiting on the 15K... will see if I get the 10K after 90 days.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

LawrenceY445978