Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1405 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario

Job report April - Canada adds record-setting 106,500 jobs

Statcan official report

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... .htm?HPA=1

Employment rose by 107,000 in April, with notable gains in part-time work for youth. The unemployment rate declined by 0.1 percentage points to 5.7% as more people participated in the labour market.
On a year-over-year basis, employment grew by 426,000 (+2.3%), with gains in both full-time (+248,000) and part-time (+179,000) work. Over the same period, total hours worked were up 1.3%.

The caveat, for whomever knows: this is a 10 sigma beat of expectations...
29 replies
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes
Yes full employment, record low interest rate

Peak level house price

And it’s a good time to load up?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
9716 posts
11947 upvotes
Toronto
rfdchan wrote: Yes full employment, record low interest rate

Peak level house price

And it’s a good time to load up?
Recession: er my god housing is going to crash

Expansion: er my god housing is going to crash

Booming: er my god housing is going to crash

Slow down: er my god housing is going to crash
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes
Don’t worry
Sky is the limit as long as we have greater fools jumping in!

Thank you for holding the bags
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
9716 posts
11947 upvotes
Toronto
rfdchan wrote: Don’t worry

What bags? Condos are literally at an all time high. most people have $250k gain per condo.

The only bags that exist are in your day dreams. How long would it take to work and save to get that $250,000?
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13904 posts
10184 upvotes
joepipe wrote: once again the headline from the MSM fools the masses.. works every time...look again

The irony of this coming from a bear. Lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
9716 posts
11947 upvotes
Toronto
joepipe wrote: once again the headline from the MSM fools the masses.. works every time...look again

You really going to listen to economic commentary from someone trying to sell you crypto currency?

Jobs were up for full and part time, and year over year which takes into account seasonality;

On a year-over-year basis, employment grew by 426,000 (+2.3%), with gains in both full-time (+248,000) and part-time (+179,000) work. Over the same period, total hours worked were up 1.3%

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dai-quo/index-eng.htm
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes
mazerbeaner wrote: What bags? Condos are literally at an all time high. most people have $250k gain per condo.

The only bags that exist are in your day dreams. How long would it take to work and save to get that $250,000?
I will be selling to next greater fool soon, the only different between you and me is you still don't see the writings on the wall. Bye.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10830 posts
9218 upvotes
rfdchan wrote: Don’t worry

Did U sell your house chanster?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10830 posts
9218 upvotes
rfdchan wrote: I will be selling to next greater fool soon, the only different between you and me is you still don't see the writings on the wall. Bye.
Soon like how soon? Timeline please so all of us can selll at the same time and escape the wrath of the crash...
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes
Sanyo, you don't seems to understand how the market works. Among the bulls, I think you are the worst in understanding the fundamentals. Hang on to your remote detached. haha.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4706 posts
3815 upvotes
mazerbeaner wrote: "Ontario did a lot of the heavy lifting, by adding 47,000 jobs"

Sounds like being open for business creates jobs...

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/heres ... 25033.html

How did the NDP provinces do?
How do you explain the record jobs created under the Liberals in Ontario previous few years and the open for business legislation has not even gotten Royal accent yet here so had nothing to do with it

As for other province, ndp in BC have been on a tear and Quebec past few years too.

Canada as a whole has been benefitting under the fed liberals who are very proud business and shows with over 1m jobs created since Trudeau took over the disaster of the Harper conservatives in terms of employment
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10830 posts
9218 upvotes
rfdchan wrote: Sanyo, you don't seems to understand how the market works. Among the bulls, I think you are the worst in understanding the fundamentals. Hang on to your remote detached. haha.
Really? Like your friend Charles who told me to take
Economic classes in 2013 and market would crash and he ate his words? When is this crash coming chanster? I question if your a troll it seems like you are cause all you do is say “crash is coming, crash is coming” yet ... ??? Tell us what your actually doing, tell us positioning... you have none cause you have no clue what is going to happen. When is this crash, when should I look for it?

Let’s revisit this again in a year when I’ll be right ... again

And you are wrong ... again
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10830 posts
9218 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: How do you explain the record jobs created under the Liberals in Ontario previous few years and the open for business legislation has not even gotten Royal accent yet here so had nothing to do with it

As for other province, ndp in BC have been on a tear and Quebec past few years too.

Canada as a whole has been benefitting under the fed liberals who are very proud business and shows with over 1m jobs created since Trudeau took over the disaster of the Harper conservatives in terms of employment
Orrrr it could be that Harper was prime minister for the bulk
Of the recession and was gone in 2015 when job growth was picking up in both the United States and Canada?

Next thing your gonna tell me Obama was great and trump
Is the idiot creating record jobs right?
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes
Sanyo, your detached in middle of no where will raise less or go down more relative to condos in core area.

I have been right for a year and next
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
9716 posts
11947 upvotes
Toronto
rfdchan wrote: Sanyo, your detached in middle of no where will raise less or go down more relative to condos in core area.

I have been right for a year and next
You haven't been right about anything, like literally nothing. Since you created your account in February 2018 you have said the same thing over and over again that time is running out and RE will crash. Everything is up since then.