Careers

Job Scam - Operations Manager 33/hour

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2021 7:01 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 29, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote

Job Scam - Operations Manager 33/hour

Hey, I did some googling about the said company but I only found incorporation filing.

The company
WHITE BEAVER LOGISTICS LTD.
The job offer:
Operations Manager
Compensation:
33/hour full time + 5% commission
23.50/hour part time + 5% commission
-paid holidays, life insurance coverage
-full health protection
-career improvement and possibilities
THIS IS REMOTE POSITION AND YOU'LL MEET YOUR MANAGER AFTER PROBATION PERIOD.

I did a federal corporation search on the government of Canada website and found their filing.
I checked the registered office address on google and only see a house.

The only interview I received was a phone call of a THIRD PARTY, even though HR of said company is the one that reached out to me.

At the moment they only want my signature and start date.

They also found me via indeed.

Why job scamming is a thing? At least the other companies that contact me allowed to see their facilities. This is the only one that kept avoiding my advances to see if said company is real. Am I asking too much for a potential employee?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2017
1810 posts
1830 upvotes
JakiRed wrote: Hey, I did some googling about the said company but I only found incorporation filing.

The company
WHITE BEAVER LOGISTICS LTD.
The job offer:
Operations Manager
Compensation:
33/hour full time + 5% commission
23.50/hour part time + 5% commission
-paid holidays, life insurance coverage
-full health protection
-career improvement and possibilities
THIS IS REMOTE POSITION AND YOU'LL MEET YOUR MANAGER AFTER PROBATION PERIOD.

I did a federal corporation search on the government of Canada website and found their filing.
I checked the registered office address on google and only see a house.

The only interview I received was a phone call of a THIRD PARTY, even though HR of said company is the one that reached out to me.

At the moment they only want my signature and start date.

They also found me via indeed.

Why job scamming is a thing? At least the other companies that contact me allowed to see their facilities. This is the only one that kept avoiding my advances to see if said company is real. Am I asking too much for a potential employee?
They are probably trying to steal your personal info and either gain access to your online banking by calling the bank and giving them your info or open a credit card in your name. That’s why these scams exist.

You will meet your manager AFTER probation? This sounds fishy as hell.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2021
1 posts
I recovered the same offer via email (not sure LinkedIn or indeed). I think it’s a scam as they asked me to click a link. I will not click any link). We are in 2021 and during pandemic. Watch pleasant green on YouTube. Lots of scammers.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4339 posts
1633 upvotes
Edmonton
Not even a good job offer to be interested in..... Makes me think it's not a scam
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
5138 posts
4877 upvotes
GTA
LOL at $33/hr for manager's position - this alone tells you what joke this is. TTC bus drivers make more.
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2017
516 posts
378 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: LOL at $33/hr for manager's position - this alone tells you what joke this is. TTC bus drivers make more.
It’s all relative...

A person making $15/hr would be all over $33/hr job. These scammers just spam thousands of people waiting to see who will bite.
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
5138 posts
4877 upvotes
GTA
FedExpress wrote: It’s all relative...

A person making $15/hr would be all over $33/hr job. These scammers just spam thousands of people waiting to see who will bite.
But if you see ad for the place where manager makes $30 bucks, you know that place is about to be some ......
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
2760 posts
1313 upvotes
Toronto
Wait, you got an offer and you won't even get to meet your manager until like 3 or 6 months in (whatever the probation period is)?

Also, your interview was not even with HR? You'll be running your own team too. How do they know if you're a good fit if you didn't meet anybody from the company? This is a scam.

Also, the address you have from them is for a house.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2018
195 posts
221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
"full health protection"... doesn't sound like a normal benefit to me. maybe they translated it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5069 posts
3251 upvotes
Unfortunately there's a huge increase of job scams since covid, which also involves identity theft, ETF transfer scams, and ransomware.

Top