None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm

Jobs

I'm 16, and I have given a few resume's in to some jobs around my area.

I have been told that I should maybe, call in and follow up my resume. It's been over a month, and I'm in need of a job.

Now, when/if I do call in, what should I say, who should I ask to speak to, etc.

Thanks for your help.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
2469 posts
2 upvotes
Well if its been a month, I think your too late, but you never know. If your keen on working somewhere I think a week is a decient time to wait to call, if you know they need people call the next day. Just call and ask to speak to the manager.

Its always nice to find out why your resume didn't make the cut, but ussaly people are to busy to help you out there. See if someone at your school or someone you know in a hiring manager type position, can look at your resume and give you some hints.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
dark169 wrote:Well if its been a month, I think your too late, but you never know. If your keen on working somewhere I think a week is a decient time to wait to call, if you know they need people call the next day. Just call and ask to speak to the manager.

Its always nice to find out why your resume didn't make the cut, but ussaly people are to busy to help you out there. See if someone at your school or someone you know in a hiring manager type position, can look at your resume and give you some hints.
Thanks, ya, u can say, i really want a job, i need somehing to do on my spare time. any idea what i should ask the manger?

like..

has my resume been reviewed or osmething
Apr 5, 2005
384 posts
54 upvotes
just call a week or so after you apply.
you can say "hi. I was calling about the ________ job. I applied a week ago and I was wondering about the status of my resume/application?"

If they tell you the position is filled, say:

"I think _______ is a great place to work and I was looking forward to pursuing a career at your company. Do you have any other openings now or in the near future that fit my qualifiations?"

If they say no, then thats about it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
shoprider wrote:just call a week or so after you apply.
you can say "hi. I was calling about the ________ job. I applied a week ago and I was wondering about the status of my resume/application?"

If they tell you the position is filled, say:

"I think _______ is a great place to work and I was looking forward to pursuing a career at your company. Do you have any other openings now or in the near future that fit my qualifiations?"

If they say no, then thats about it.
thank you sir :)
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4826 posts
71 upvotes
Local
Easiest way to get a job is from a referral. Get one if you can because youll get a boost in learning and all if you do it like that.

Just call them back, if you dont get the job, youll never hear from them again and you leave with a good feeling inside of you.