• Jan 29th, 2006 10:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5793 posts
219 upvotes
GTA
can't get 'nough dealz wrote:maybe at walmart, or a coffee shop?
Don't even think of working for Walmart. They are the biggest slave drivers with barely minimum wage to support its workforce. Your parents will be taken advantage of!!!!!!! :twisted:

Enjoy retirement!!!!! I'm sure they must have made some money while owning the store(20 yrs) and when they sold it, that they can live off the investment income???? :)

Life is too short, enjoy it!!!!!!!!!! :)

sk
Dec 16, 2003
682 posts
21 upvotes
Scar
PennyArcade wrote:thelefteyeguy wins the bonus points! While ericssonboi answered the question directly, thelefteyeguy already assumed the nationality :)
we knew the answer, but just don't think we will get any "bonus"
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14883 posts
2860 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
BigBadBoo wrote:Your mom should stay home man. As for your dad, security guard is the easiest. Maybe try for working at a university or a government building, so it wont be that stressful.
security job is mind boggling and can be dangerous as well. i have worked as a security guard and its no joke
Sep 6, 2003
20 posts
Sell Crap on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]
Nov 24, 2005
440 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
yatko wrote:Open a dry cleaning business
or a lottery booth

Hey i'm just curious to know... can u make good money by owning a lottery booth?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
unleashed wrote:Hey i'm just curious to know... can u make good money by owning a lottery booth?
well, depending on how much business you get.

a lotto machine gets 3% for each sale and 5% for redeeming wins.

You do need a lot of people going through the area that you are situated at to get decent money.

My parents owned a lotto machine, but that wasn't their sole business so I don't have a clearer answer. sorry :(
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2710 posts
931 upvotes
What about buying a couple of rental properties and managing it?
Nov 24, 2005
440 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
PennyArcade wrote:well, depending on how much business you get.

a lotto machine gets 3% for each sale and 5% for redeeming wins.

You do need a lot of people going through the area that you are situated at to get decent money.

My parents owned a lotto machine, but that wasn't their sole business so I don't have a clearer answer. sorry :(
it's ok.. but thanks for answering the question... do they still run the lotto machine and how much did it cost to start one/ own one?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1683 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the best job for your parents will be to look after their grandchildren. Then you, your brothers/sisters will save a bit on child care.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
William W wrote:What about buying a couple of rental properties and managing it?
They were thinking about that. It is still a possibility. My mother is worried about the people that she gets though. She's a real pessimist.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
unleashed wrote:it's ok.. but thanks for answering the question... do they still run the lotto machine and how much did it cost to start one/ own one?
No, my parents do not run the lotto machine anymore.

The machines are "free". The Ontario lottry gaming corp (OLGC) has to survey the area first to see if a machine is worth installing. If there are too many around, then they will deny you of a machine.

The machine itself would cost around $20k if you wanted to buy one.