Expired Hot Deals

[Joey] Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 9:59 am
Sep 8, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Finally got my order 2.5 hours after ordering at 3, missing my entree, but was given 49$ credit
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1745 posts
1128 upvotes
Calgary
Is the restaurant supposed to confirm the order right away? I placed an order right at 3 and mine is still stuck on We sent your order to Joey Restaurant for final confirmation. Do I need to call them?
Nov 20, 2017
295 posts
410 upvotes
FireAngel wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 5:53 pm
Got a call from DoorDash my order was cancelled, Joey's(markville) had a system glitch and didn't get the order? Ordered for delivery @ 530 got the call at 508.. Refund on my credit card.. No credit

Then! Opened up the chat window told them someone called me to cancel my order.. They offered me a 20$ credit for my troubles.... But now no dinner and wife is coming home... I'm in trouble.
The day I base my family's dinner on a system holding a continent-wide online free food giveaway... Solid balls though! Too bad wifey's gonna cut em off now haha
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2723 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 5:50 pm
As opposed to during the busy dinner hour when they have to cook for those dining in?

They should've staggered the orders and the pickup/delivery times but that's hard to do when all the orders come in at 3.
They should have not done the promo at all if their restaurant is incapable of filling in orders. In the very least should have informed the restaurants to staff more cooks for this promo. My order was cancelled 2.5 hours after placing my order. I am not a happy camper here as you can tell.
May 4, 2006
480 posts
51 upvotes
prodacc wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 5:55 pm
The day I base my family's dinner on a system holding a continent-wide online free food giveaway... Solid balls though! Too bad wifey's gonna cut em off now haha
I like to live on the edge Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23987 posts
9522 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 5:50 pm
As opposed to during the busy dinner hour when they have to cook for those dining in?
A good host should be at least staggering seatings so they don't get killed all at once.
By the looks of it, there was 50 tickets right at 3PM in some locations.
They should've staggered the orders and the pickup/delivery times but that's hard to do when all the orders come in at 3.
By the sounds of it, they weren't prepared at all for this promo.
Someone with a fresh MBA thought this would be a great idea to drum up business during a slow time, but horrendously underestimated the capacity of the kitchen.
Mar 25, 2008
396 posts
745 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered from Downtown Vancouver location. Now, just wait and see
Jun 24, 2013
229 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
I've had two drivers call and harass me to cancel my order. The second driver called when I was in the middle of chatting with a Doordash agent to cancel my order. Also an agent ended the chat with me while I was in the middle of typing (this was before the two angry calls). I am always polite and kind in my responses but after two calls from angry drivers, I made sure to finally cancel the order. It is not worth the wait and I am glad I checked the forum about the status of orders.
Apr 2, 2015
99 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mike^ wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 6:01 pm
cod not working in BC?
I got an error here as well.
Edit: I'm using the website btw.
Last edited by sounddeal on Sep 9th, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2013
63 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
BC code not working. got an ERROR trying to apply
Oct 17, 2018
5 posts
MrMcMike wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 6:02 pm
BC code not working. got an ERROR trying to apply
I wasn't able to order it on PC after multiple tries.
I was able to apply the code successfully on the DoorDash App on the phone.
Last edited by Jenson1989 on Sep 9th, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 6, 2008
30 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
same here. error code in Vancouver. Tried several times