Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Joey

Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 9:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: That's usually how much most sushi restaurant charge for the torched sushi though. Usually in the $12-18 ball park. I haven't tried Joey's (didn't plan to) but I love them
they burn the fish slightly - what's different about this I will never understand. It doesn't add to the taste much if at all.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Sweet! I got $50 doordash credit for my first cancelled ordered.
I hope this email finds you well! My name is Jo and I work at DoorDash Canada.

The order you placed with us during our JOEY promotional launch on Monday was not delivered to you at a standard we strive to provide here at DoorDash. Unfortunately, it was due to our struggles in handling the high volumes within the first few minutes of the promotion. We understand the frustration this must have caused.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your experience with DoorDash. To prove we can do better, we are crediting your account with $50*. Despite missing the original promotion, please enjoy your favourite JOEY meal this weekend on us!

Both DoorDash and JOEY strive to provide the best customer experience to our guests, and we know we will do better next time.

Thank you very much for your understanding and enjoy your next JOEY meal on us!

Regards,

Jo

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
badOne wrote: They charged $4 for peppercorn sauce for their high end NY strip steak, and it came in the same container as the soy sauce for the sushi. Im still confused how they managed to do so well they are now in Ontario.
Ok, for that, that's an issue.

But I can't fathom how anyone can complain about a $3 garlic bread. It isn't wonder bread they are using. The labor alone takes a huge chunk of the $3. It peeves me when people say they can buy a whole loaf of bread and make their own. Then just buy it and make your own!

/Rant over. My order is coming after 5 and will leave a decent cash tip.
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
frozenmelon wrote: I think my driver gave up. He's just been sitting in the same spot on the map for like the last 30 minutes.
My order had a driver assigned within like 15 minutes and it looked like he was waiting in the restaurant for almost 1 hour too (with a DD "sorry about the delay" message update)... I got my food just now, about 40 minutes later than the initial ETA but that's okay. Food is still pretty hot given the long drive. The driver said there was a ton of people there too. It didn't look like he took any detour on the way here too.

Edit: My delivery bag was stapled shut and the boxes were sealed with a sticker so no tampering was possible. For $6 (fee and tax) + $5 tips it's delicious. Would I pay the full price for this? Nope...
Last edited by sherri-chan on Sep 11th, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Hopefully you gave a good tip for that poor guy waiting there.
sherri-chan wrote: My order had a driver assigned within like 15 minutes and it looked like he was waiting in the restaurant for almost 1 hour too (with a DD "sorry about the delay" message update)... I got my food just now, about 40 minutes later than the initial ETA but that's okay. Food is still pretty hot given the long drive. The driver said there was a ton of people there too. It didn't look like he took any detour on the way here too.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Hopefully you gave a good tip for that poor guy waiting there.
I gave him $5 as I initially indicated in the delivery instruction... I hope it's good enough?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: I gave him $5 as I initially indicated in the delivery instruction... I hope it's good enough?
Let's not start the tipping debate again.

If someone on RFD suggested a $10 tip, would you pay it next time
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
ElenaA265 wrote: I didn’t realize that one order of the potato side comes with two. I guess I’ll save them for later. I’m really full now.
Did you order two orders of the potato rolls? Just wondering if you order one side and ended up with two by accident, or if you meant you didn't realize it's two potato rolls per order...

I ordered one side and got two rolls. I actually saw your photo, thought it looked delicious and ordered this lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1519 posts
2788 upvotes
dxbender wrote: Order came maybe 10 mins past the time, nothing wrong with that.

The food was what I expected. I cant believe people pay the prices they charge. $3 for a slice of garlic bread? You can buy a full load of garlic bread for less at the grocery. And over $20 for these food items?

I'd fully expect to pay the price I paid AFTER the discount at a regular restaurant. $10 for a container of food.
You expect to pay $10 for a container of food at a regular restaurant? Do you consider McDonald's a regular restaurant or is A&W fancy enough to qualify?
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
adilh53 wrote: Let's not start the tipping debate again.

If someone on RFD suggested a $10 tip, would you pay it next time
Oh I have no intention on starting the tipping debate. But let's say if someone suggested $10 tip as the norm, then I wouldn't be participating in this promotion.

Part of the fun of this promotion is like winning the internet race lol Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I won't be trying this tomorrow or Friday. I'm happy that I managed to successfully order once.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1262 posts
146 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Sweet! I got $50 doordash credit for my first cancelled ordered.
same here! along with the $10 credit first offered
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
Dunderhead wrote: You expect to pay $10 for a container of food at a regular restaurant? Do you consider McDonald's a regular restaurant or is A&W fancy enough to qualify?
Theres many places which have things under $10. All diff cultures. Pad thai, fried rice, noodles, roti, Greek pies, and so much more.

Doesn't have to be $20-30 dishes like people often buy.
Nov 8, 2009
534 posts
277 upvotes
JuiceHen wrote: Has anyone got it 3/3, just curious?
Nope, but got 2 orders in on the first day for $100 off. Paid $15 total for 6 entrees.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1519 posts
2788 upvotes
dxbender wrote: Theres many places which have things under $10. All diff cultures. Pad thai, fried rice, noodles, roti, Greek pies, and so much more.

Doesn't have to be $20-30 dishes like people often buy.
$10 + drinks + tax + tip. Like if you're going to order a $7-8 meal and drink water then yes, you can get served at a restaurant for $10.

The bigger point is that comparing this to grocery stores or dining in somewhere cheaper is not a fair comparison. The service is having food brought to your doorstep. That's what you are paying for. The food itself is only part of the equation.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1519 posts
2788 upvotes
I was 2/3 and am probably not going to bother tomorrow or Friday.

But I have to say this promo exceeded my expectations. Food was well-prepared, well-sealed, clearly marked, and arrived exactly on time both times.

I know my experience wasn't universal but for me personally at least I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks to OP for the post and to everyone who provided helpful tips. BBQ Salmon bowl was the big winner for me.
Mar 2, 2014
63 posts
33 upvotes
VANCOUVER
waited 100 mins for my order :) Great if you love soggy food.
Jul 15, 2014
409 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sherri-chan wrote: Did you order two orders of the potato rolls? Just wondering if you order one side and ended up with two by accident, or if you meant you didn't realize it's two potato rolls per order...

I ordered one side and got two rolls. I actually saw your photo, thought it looked delicious and ordered this lol.
Hahaha, how did you like it? I found that it wasn’t crispy because of all the toppings. My bf got his order and they had all the toppings on the side, so the roll stayed crispy.

What happened was I didn’t know there were two rolls in one order. Should have gotten a sushi cone instead for variety, but that feels like less value at the same time lol
Jul 28, 2018
17 posts
53 upvotes
I just got another $50 credit + the $25 i got on the first day for my canceled order. I didn't even do anything lol...
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
ElenaA265 wrote: Hahaha, how did you like it? I found that it wasn’t crispy because of all the toppings. My bf got his order and they had all the toppings on the side, so the roll stayed crispy.

What happened was I didn’t know there were two rolls in one order. Should have gotten a sushi cone instead for variety, but that feels like less value at the same time lol
I see. Personally I prefer to order sushi at actual sushi restaurants so I didn't consider ordering sushi.

I liked mine! They actually packed the toppings in two separate little containers (sour cream + scallion, shredded cheese + bacon) so my rolls were still relatively crispy, taking into consideration the 15+ min drive. Pretty happy with it =) I was originally planning to pop them into my air fryer to re-crisp them but it wasn't necessary =)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)