Expired Hot Deals

[Joey] Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 9:59 am
Nov 11, 2018
10 posts
10 upvotes
Joey is by far my favourite "chain" restaurants and it makes me a bit sad that this promotion seemed to have gone horribly for them yesterday (for the employees, DoorDash, the dashers, the dine-in customers, etc). I decided to try to claim it today and somehow I got in by redeeming it on my app right at 3, then hopping on my computer to complete it (the app seemed to crash every time I tried to check out but since I already applied the coupon in the app, it allowed me to keep it well after 3pm). I only ordered the ahi tuna burger. I got my order 5 min early! It was a bit soggy but I'm happy with my free (well, practically free) food. I'll continue to support them as I've had great experiences with the 15+ times I've dined in.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1745 posts
1128 upvotes
Calgary
Got my order an hour and 15 minutes late. Apparently I was the 3rd delivery that the driver had and they made a mistake on one of the other ones, so they had to go back to the restaurant.

Ahi Tuna Club was great. Not so keen on the Salmon Bowl but can't beat the price.

Maybe I'll do ribs and chicken for round 3 tomorrow.
Sep 8, 2008
194 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, Canada
Doordash should get this image on promo tomorrow. Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy Lol

If this topic seems to benefit RFDers then Upvote the original post by clicking on Upvote button located next to the topic title on top section of the post.
Sep 12, 2013
210 posts
62 upvotes
Attempted to place an order yesterday and today. Yesterday right before 3pm I got an error message; tried again but it was too late at 3:01pm. Today I clicked right at 3pm and it already has "reached limits". Will try again tomorrow I guess...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
my order today was much tastier than yesterday. yellow fin tuna salad and seared salmon. not very filling though. fortunately i still had wings from yesterday's order to top me up.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14158 posts
3205 upvotes
This is like when tickets sell out right away due to bots and scalpers.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 18, 2017
106 posts
54 upvotes
I tried 10 seconds before 3 and got the promo doesn’t start till 3 error. Got out put it back in and tried at like 3 seconds after 3 and daily limit reached. Oh well will try again tomorrow
Jan 8, 2014
156 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
pocq wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 6:21 pm
Whoever managed to order today, did you succesfully order yesterday?
Yup, 2nd day I clicked right at 3pm and got it, my coworker did not. Seems like it's luck of the draw when you press redeem code at 3. Seems like the code is "used up" when someone applies it. I took my time checking out and got the order in after my code was added.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
pocq wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 6:21 pm
Whoever managed to order today, did you succesfully order yesterday?
2 for 2.
i think everyone pissed at DD/ Joey for not getting what we all should have realized was a very limited promo (by doing some simple math) should boycott for the remaining days ;)
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1802 posts
766 upvotes
Vancouveresque
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:31 pm
2 for 2.
i think everyone pissed at DD/ Joey for not getting what we all should have realized was a very limited promo (by doing some simple math) should boycott for the remaining days ;)
Or maybe those of you who have already gotten it once (or twice) should give other people a shot. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
GeeCee wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:45 pm
Or maybe those of you who have already gotten it once (or twice) should give other people a shot. :)
or maybe not :P
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
btw, i decided to give the tip to the delivery person today rather than leave one for the on online order. i received the order on time and asked the delivery person how much of the online tipping they actually get.
had quite the lengthy discussion with her. she said it's better to give in person. one time she said someone left a $20 tip online and she only got $1 from it.
Mar 17, 2019
66 posts
262 upvotes
My driver never delivered my order, so I got $50 in credits instead. Lmao now I can use this to pick up 4-5 meals from my fav restaurants. What a treat!