Expired Hot Deals

[Joey] Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 9:59 am
Sep 18, 2017
386 posts
506 upvotes
Vancouver
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 9:14 pm
btw, i decided to give the tip to the delivery person today rather than leave one for the on online order. i received the order on time and asked the delivery person how much of the online tipping they actually get.
had quite the lengthy discussion with her. she said it's better to give in person. one time she said someone left a $20 tip online and she only got $1 from it.
Wow...that's ****. It's no different than stealing
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8658 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
kaiseki wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 9:33 pm
Wow...that's ****. It's no different than stealing
yeah, I essentially said the same thing. sounds like a scam.
we also had a discussion about her delivering an order and the person isn't home or doesn't answer. she said one time someone made a huge order of "funny" drinks (I think she was talking about bubble tea but I'm not sure lol), she called the customer and called DD who left a message with the customer. no answer. she said she left one more message with the customer that she's leaving the order on the table (main lobby of an apartment). I asked in those cases could she keep the order she said yeah but she never has
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18509 posts
1784 upvotes
Ordered at 3PM with the ETA for 3:49PM (it was for dinner but I forgot to change the delivery time) and it got to my office at 4:28PM. Burnaby, BC. Firefox on PC.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jul 8, 2019
5 posts
11 upvotes
Delivered my steak 1.5 hours late got $60 credit that I used towards Chinese food and Popeyes. Extremely pleased with Doordash right now.
Feb 27, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
ShaoboH7844 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 3:01 pm
There's a way to get around this if Pick up is not an option for the Joey location and you wish to take advantage of this promotion, but it will take a little more efforts perhaps more time with the following steps which I've done previously and it worked.

1. Change the delivery address to a store or coffee shop nearby the restaurant, somewhere you can kill some time if needed while waiting for the food to come.
2. Set up delivery time, and put this in the delivery instruction "Please call so and so number when arrive, I will come out to meet you by the entrance."
3. Get to the delivery address during your scheduled delivery time, and wait or monitor the progress of your order if you are bored.
4. Hopefully, the restaurant gets your food ready and driver are on top of his game.
5. Tip the driver in cash if you are feeling compassion while getting free food~ :)

All in all, get your DD account set up and put your order in the checkout bag and Promo code ready way ahead of 3 PM, and just remember to click order now when the time comes~ Good luck all~
Thanks good idea!
Mar 27, 2016
110 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
Scheduled for delivery 8:30pm, came at 8:50pm, ordered 2 items, 1 was missing, burger was cold and soggy as it took a major detour (probably another delivery) before coming our way
Oct 8, 2011
820 posts
2176 upvotes
For these coupons, do you have to order more than the coupon amount? Like do I have to spend more than $30 tomorrow to use the $30 coupon or can I still use the $30 coupon if my subtotal is less than $30.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5165 posts
2144 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:23 am
For these coupons, do you have to order more than the coupon amount? Like do I have to spend more than $30 tomorrow to use the $30 coupon or can I still use the $30 coupon if my subtotal is less than $30.
you can apply the $30 coupon to a $10 item order if you like. There is no minimum purchase, which is why this deal is very hot. You will regardless pay taxes and delivery cost. The coupon will not absorb anything beyond menu cost.

Set up the order for tomorrow, enter the CC info then add the coupon code but don't click on apply until close to 3pm (atomic clock time). If it does apply, then you already have everything entered then just click on the submit order button or whatever the page has.

Remember to change the delivery time to something reasonable for youself instead of the default "ASAP"
Oct 5, 2009
129 posts
20 upvotes
Canada
use the app on your cell phone. the success rate via website seems very very low.

I would apply the code at 2:59:59 pm. It will all be over at 3:00:01pm

managed to order for both days

thanks OP
Jan 20, 2019
17 posts
1 upvote
BC
How are people getting $50 credit? They said all they can do is refund me my money in 5-7 business days...
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes
Damn after reading this thread, I hope my driver doesn't deliver my order tomorrow. $30 in DD credits can get me a lot more food than a $30 Joey promo can lol
Jul 2, 2013
296 posts
96 upvotes
VANCOUVER
are people getting the $50 and $40 from one account? I'm two for two but used my acc yesterday and my friend's today (we shared the food). we each would like to try food the coupon again separately tmrw :)
Apr 16, 2019
113 posts
91 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 9:14 pm
btw, i decided to give the tip to the delivery person today rather than leave one for the on online order. i received the order on time and asked the delivery person how much of the online tipping they actually get.
had quite the lengthy discussion with her. she said it's better to give in person. one time she said someone left a $20 tip online and she only got $1 from it.
Better to say in special instructions that you will tip in cash at door.

Gig workers should be treated fairly. Things are changing in California, for example: 'After the better part of year, California’s Senate today passed AB5, legislation that is expected to unravel the contractor business model of companies like Uber, Lyft, and Doordash. In a historic victory, workers for those companies and others like them are now likely to be considered employees, entitled to the benefits and protections that status conveys.' from: https://gizmodo.com/gig-workers-win-1837883577
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3949 posts
2130 upvotes
Edmonton
alexstevens17 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:24 am
are people getting the $50 and $40 from one account? I'm two for two but used my acc yesterday and my friend's today (we shared the food). we each would like to try food the coupon again separately tmrw :)
Yes, I used the same account on both days with no issue.
Jun 7, 2019
16 posts
2 upvotes
I got a $10 promo code for Monday's late delivery, will this stack with today's JOEY's $30 coupon?