Expired Hot Deals

[Joey] Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 9:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
iMarketing wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:35 am
Better to say in special instructions that you will tip in cash at door.

Gig workers should be treated fairly. Things are changing in California, for example: 'After the better part of year, California’s Senate today passed AB5, legislation that is expected to unravel the contractor business model of companies like Uber, Lyft, and Doordash. In a historic victory, workers for those companies and others like them are now likely to be considered employees, entitled to the benefits and protections that status conveys.' from: https://gizmodo.com/gig-workers-win-1837883577
yup, i indicated cash tip at the door in the instructions under the address section.

Battle between Foodora and couriers could define 'how we do work in this century'
outcome will likely affect all these delivery apps along with other industries as well
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1792 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
A bit much hearing the benefits of feudal California, especially in a forum where many of us have created multiple identities to game the system. The tipping approach in Canada and the US has resulted in restaurants where only though who are wealthy, or on expense accounts, can dine out. If that’s the game that must be played then prices should be advertised including all taxes and gratuities. I very much doubt Canada has much to learn in the way California approaches anything.
Mar 3, 2019
44 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Lisameow wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:15 am
Scheduled for delivery 8:30pm, came at 8:50pm, ordered 2 items, 1 was missing, burger was cold and soggy as it took a major detour (probably another delivery) before coming our way
Same thing happened to me... I ended up with $20 in credits due to it being cold.

Going to see if I can get round 3 today haha
Mar 17, 2019
66 posts
262 upvotes
jcbDeals wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:18 am
Same thing happened to me... I ended up with $20 in credits due to it being cold.

Going to see if I can get round 3 today haha
Did you have to leave feedback to get the credit or they just automatically applied it without you having to do anything?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7528 posts
3986 upvotes
North York
Review of the food I had so far:
  • Prime sirloin was about 7oz. Very juicy, tender and cooked to my specification. The mash potato spring rolls that comes with this dish is not to be missed.
  • Bistro chicken contains a half chicken with fresh coleslaw salad. Filling but the taste is nothing to write home about.
  • Tuna poke bowl is raw tuna mixed with soy beans and other vegetables plus lots of rice. Tuna was pretty fresh.
Mar 3, 2019
44 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
CelestialX wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:13 pm
Did you have to leave feedback to get the credit or they just automatically applied it without you having to do anything?
Yeah I left feedback that it was cold and I was automatically offered $20 without having to talk to anyone. I just took it instead of wasting time using chat.
Sep 18, 2017
386 posts
506 upvotes
Vancouver
jcbDeals wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:29 pm
Yeah I left feedback that it was cold and I was automatically offered $20 without having to talk to anyone. I just took it instead of wasting time using chat.
My ahi tuna burger and fries were cold and stale and they only automatically offered me 10.23.

Didnt feel like wasting time in chat so I just took it. Probably use it to pick up Chinese food.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3037 posts
1025 upvotes
DragonRider wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:18 pm
Review of the food I had so far:
  • Prime sirloin was about 7oz. Very juicy, tender and cooked to my specification. The mash potato spring rolls that comes with this dish is not to be missed.
  • Bistro chicken contains a half chicken with fresh coleslaw salad. Filling but the taste is nothing to write home about.
  • Tuna poke bowl is raw tuna mixed with soy beans and other vegetables plus lots of rice. Tuna was pretty fresh.
Try the tuna burger, you won’t be disappointed.
Fries get soggy so get the soup or salad
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5023 posts
2029 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pmcd wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:02 am
A bit much hearing the benefits of feudal California, especially in a forum where many of us have created multiple identities to game the system. The tipping approach in Canada and the US has resulted in restaurants where only though who are wealthy, or on expense accounts, can dine out. If that’s the game that must be played then prices should be advertised including all taxes and gratuities. I very much doubt Canada has much to learn in the way California approaches anything.
That is exactly what our model is doing.
There are 3 layers of deceptions. And with DD, there are 4 levels.
- use price like 19.99 to make it looks cheaper than what it really is.
- tax not included to make the price look 13% cheaper
- tip not included to make the price look further down
- scam service charge that is merged with tax to hide it.

It is all designed to make people spend more than they plan to.
CelestialX wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:40 pm
Significantly lot less people here today.
The incentive is getting low.
Hard to get in , long wait, and scammy service charge.

They make it almost impossible to contact them after they cancel your order.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10762 posts
665 upvotes
Scarborough
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:53 pm
That is exactly what our model is doing.
There are 3 layers of deceptions. And with DD, there are 4 levels.
- use price like 19.99 to make it looks cheaper than what it really is.
- tax not included to make the price look 13% cheaper
- tip not included to make the price look further down
- scam service charge that is merged with tax to hide it.

It is all designed to make people spend more than they plan to.

The incentive is getting low.
Hard to get in , long wait, and scammy service charge.
Thats cause the thread says "free food" but its clearly not free.
May 30, 2016
135 posts
168 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I hit apply 1 second after 3pm and still didn't get it. Guess I gotta try hitting apply right at 3.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)