Expired Hot Deals

[Joey] Free Food Sept 9th-13th at Joey through DoorDash. Limited 2000 vouchers per day

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
Jul 28, 2007
415 posts
648 upvotes
Calgary
dxbender wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 6:42 pm
Order came maybe 10 mins past the time, nothing wrong with that.

The food was what I expected. I cant believe people pay the prices they charge. $3 for a slice of garlic bread? You can buy a full load of garlic bread for less at the grocery. And over $20 for these food items?

I'd fully expect to pay the price I paid AFTER the discount at a regular restaurant. $10 for a container of food.
You expect to pay $10 for a container of food at a regular restaurant? Do you consider McDonald's a regular restaurant or is A&W fancy enough to qualify?
May 19, 2009
342 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
adilh53 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:10 pm
Let's not start the tipping debate again.

If someone on RFD suggested a $10 tip, would you pay it next time
Oh I have no intention on starting the tipping debate. But let's say if someone suggested $10 tip as the norm, then I wouldn't be participating in this promotion.

Part of the fun of this promotion is like winning the internet race lol Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I won't be trying this tomorrow or Friday. I'm happy that I managed to successfully order once.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1134 posts
77 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 7:40 pm
Sweet! I got $50 doordash credit for my first cancelled ordered.
same here! along with the $10 credit first offered
Jan 4, 2008
99 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
Dunderhead wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:27 pm
You expect to pay $10 for a container of food at a regular restaurant? Do you consider McDonald's a regular restaurant or is A&W fancy enough to qualify?
Theres many places which have things under $10. All diff cultures. Pad thai, fried rice, noodles, roti, Greek pies, and so much more.

Doesn't have to be $20-30 dishes like people often buy.
Nov 8, 2009
364 posts
64 upvotes
JuiceHen wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:26 pm
Has anyone got it 3/3, just curious?
Nope, but got 2 orders in on the first day for $100 off. Paid $15 total for 6 entrees.
Jul 28, 2007
415 posts
648 upvotes
Calgary
dxbender wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:59 pm
Theres many places which have things under $10. All diff cultures. Pad thai, fried rice, noodles, roti, Greek pies, and so much more.

Doesn't have to be $20-30 dishes like people often buy.
$10 + drinks + tax + tip. Like if you're going to order a $7-8 meal and drink water then yes, you can get served at a restaurant for $10.

The bigger point is that comparing this to grocery stores or dining in somewhere cheaper is not a fair comparison. The service is having food brought to your doorstep. That's what you are paying for. The food itself is only part of the equation.
Jul 28, 2007
415 posts
648 upvotes
Calgary
I was 2/3 and am probably not going to bother tomorrow or Friday.

But I have to say this promo exceeded my expectations. Food was well-prepared, well-sealed, clearly marked, and arrived exactly on time both times.

I know my experience wasn't universal but for me personally at least I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks to OP for the post and to everyone who provided helpful tips. BBQ Salmon bowl was the big winner for me.
Mar 2, 2014
60 posts
8 upvotes
VANCOUVER
waited 100 mins for my order :) Great if you love soggy food.
Jul 15, 2014
230 posts
155 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sherri-chan wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:25 pm
Did you order two orders of the potato rolls? Just wondering if you order one side and ended up with two by accident, or if you meant you didn't realize it's two potato rolls per order...

I ordered one side and got two rolls. I actually saw your photo, thought it looked delicious and ordered this lol.
Hahaha, how did you like it? I found that it wasn’t crispy because of all the toppings. My bf got his order and they had all the toppings on the side, so the roll stayed crispy.

What happened was I didn’t know there were two rolls in one order. Should have gotten a sushi cone instead for variety, but that feels like less value at the same time lol
Jul 28, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
I just got another $50 credit + the $25 i got on the first day for my canceled order. I didn't even do anything lol...
May 19, 2009
342 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
ElenaA265 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:34 pm
Hahaha, how did you like it? I found that it wasn’t crispy because of all the toppings. My bf got his order and they had all the toppings on the side, so the roll stayed crispy.

What happened was I didn’t know there were two rolls in one order. Should have gotten a sushi cone instead for variety, but that feels like less value at the same time lol
I see. Personally I prefer to order sushi at actual sushi restaurants so I didn't consider ordering sushi.

I liked mine! They actually packed the toppings in two separate little containers (sour cream + scallion, shredded cheese + bacon) so my rolls were still relatively crispy, taking into consideration the 15+ min drive. Pretty happy with it =) I was originally planning to pop them into my air fryer to re-crisp them but it wasn't necessary =)
Sep 18, 2010
151 posts
103 upvotes
$60 credits is good for 2-3 meals from better places. nice nice nice. Very hot deal
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4966 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Let's get real guys. Are you going to order anything from DD if there is no coupon?
I wouldn't.
Who want to pay more for already expensive food?
Did anyone read the news about the growth rate of people getting pay minimum rate is faster than the growth of minimum rate?
This is exactly what is happening. We are going towards a more communist society.
Everyone will get pay for same no matter what job you do in the near future.
There wont be high class, middle class, or low class. Everyone will be the same.
Those who are on high horse will soon feel the pinch and join the party of those who are in reality.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jul 15, 2014
230 posts
155 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sherri-chan wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:45 pm
I see. Personally I prefer to order sushi at actual sushi restaurants so I didn't consider ordering sushi.

I liked mine! They actually packed the toppings in two separate little containers (sour cream + scallion, shredded cheese + bacon) so my rolls were still relatively crispy, taking into consideration the 15+ min drive. Pretty happy with it =) I was originally planning to pop them into my air fryer to re-crisp them but it wasn't necessary =)
Lol, I am the same. But there wasn’t much else to order that was around $5. I also noticed there is rotisserie chicken on the Burnaby menu now. Did they remove it temporarily just for the promo? Thinking Face

Awesome! That’s exactly how my bf’s was packed too. I could only finish one, they are so filling. Wish mine were crispy and packed that way too.

I am feeling a bit thirsty after the meal. I already had a glass of water and two cans of La Croix, lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)