Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona/ Reno Depot

John Deere Black or Green Cuffed Beanie - One Size $2.60 (reg. $25.99) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2023 11:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71700 upvotes

John Deere Black or Green Cuffed Beanie - One Size $2.60 (reg. $25.99) YMMV

Price:
$2.60
Savings:
90%
Retailer:
Rona/ Reno Depot
92 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2973 posts
302 upvotes
Sweet deal if you can get it . My local stores actually want more than the Reg price ...$28.98 . Thanks O.P.
Mar 13, 2020
95 posts
153 upvotes
Montreal
How do you make someone advertise your brand and pay you $25.99 for a $2 item?
Apr 6, 2013
311 posts
482 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered 100 from Brampton to donate to people on the streets and the less fortunate. Hope the order goes through.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71700 upvotes
grahamj89 wrote: Thanks OP. Ordered 100 from Brampton to donate to people on the streets and the less fortunate. Hope the order goes through.
Same. Bought 50 of each.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
grahamj89 wrote: Thanks OP. Ordered 100 from Brampton to donate to people on the streets and the less fortunate. Hope the order goes through.
hill15 wrote: Same. Bought 50 of each.
No wonder it is out of stock. Please consider other people and leave some for us.

The line up outside food Bank is getting longer and longer these days.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Apr 6, 2013
311 posts
482 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: No wonder it is out of stock. Please consider other people and leave some for us.

The line up outside food Bank is getting longer and longer these days.
As I said, I'm donating all of these. If you are in the KW area and are in need of a hat, or other clothing to get you through the winter, let me know and I'll help you out.

I'd rather put up with your complaints and buy 100 to give away for free instead of leaving them for some Facebook marketplace or Kijiji reseller to try and profit off of them. Not saying that's you, but the next person to order them could be.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
Brampton store said they are out of stock and don’t have any as of this evening. I placed my order at 4:45pm today.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
grahamj89 wrote: As I said, I'm donating all of these. If you are in the KW area and are in need of a hat, or other clothing to get you through the winter, let me know and I'll help you out.

I'd rather put up with your complaints and buy 100 to give away for free instead of leaving them for some Facebook marketplace or Kijiji reseller to try and profit off of them. Not saying that's you, but the next person to order them could be.
You probably don't realize and think you are doing good deed. However, not all people in need are going to get things for free from donation. A lot of people are struggling in this economy and trying to get by. And am too proud to go begging from donation. By purchasing and giving it out to donation, you may feel good about yourself which help to relieve stress, but at the same time, you strip the right of people who can only afford a $2.6 beanie that want to pay for his own single beanie. Also, you dictate what group of people get the beanie, those who go to get stuff from donation.
Superman_2099 wrote: Brampton store said they are out of stock and don’t have any as of this evening. I placed my order at 4:45pm today.
Probably because someone purchased 100 in Brampton and dictate only the donation can get the beanie.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Apr 6, 2013
311 posts
482 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: You probably don't realize and think you are doing good deed. However, not all people in need are going to get things for free from donation. A lot of people are struggling in this economy and trying to get by. And am too proud to go begging from donation. By purchasing and giving it out to donation, you may feel good about yourself which help to relieve stress, but at the same time, you strip the right of people who can only afford a $2.6 beanie that want to pay for his own single beanie. Also, you dictate what group of people get the beanie, those who go to get stuff from donation.

Probably because someone purchased 100 in Brampton and dictate only the donation can get the beanie.
So in your world the people that can afford to travel out of their way to buy a $2.60 hat and are too proud, have more need and deserve of it more than someone that perhaps doesn't have the luxury to go out shopping, or is actually at a shelter or living in a tent and will accept it with gratitude.

I get your point, but I don't think your way is better. For every person buying selflessly, there's probably 10x buying for gain. What's better, 1 person with the means of buying 100 to give to those in need, or 100 people with the same or greater means buying one for their personal use/gain?

You'll be happy to know that I ordered at 5:30 today, so if they were indeed sold out by 4:45, I won't be getting any to donate. After I ordered there were still hats available, so you can shame someone else for buying the last one that you had a right to. It's a good thing all the people with a real need for this were able to make it to Brampton in time to buy their hat before I could strip them of their dignity.
Mar 23, 2012
277 posts
89 upvotes
WINNIPEG
How about just donating some canned goods and food instead I'm sure people would prefer to have something to eat.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
chadurban wrote: How about just donating some canned goods and food instead I'm sure people would prefer to have something to eat.
No good deed goes unpunished. Dude ordered to donate and people tell him to donate food instead...lol.
Apr 6, 2013
311 posts
482 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: No good deed goes unpunished. Dude ordered to donate and people tell him to donate food instead...lol.
Lol. Thanks for reminding me of that. Should have just kept my mouth shut.

It's okay for people to buy 100 boxes of cereal to donate, or 100 cans of soup, there's tons of threads on that, but buying 100 hats take and you've crossed a line.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
grahamj89 wrote: Lol. Thanks for reminding me of that. Should have just kept my mouth shut.

It's okay for people to buy 100 boxes of cereal to donate, or 100 cans of soup, there's tons of threads on that, but buying 100 hats take and you've crossed a line.
I think everyone who has a problem with what you did should go lead by example and donate $200+ to the food bank.
Nov 20, 2010
36 posts
33 upvotes
AB
grahamj89 wrote: So in your world the people that can afford to travel out of their way to buy a $2.60 hat and are too proud, have more need and deserve of it more than someone that perhaps doesn't have the luxury to go out shopping, or is actually at a shelter or living in a tent and will accept it with gratitude.

I get your point, but I don't think your way is better. For every person buying selflessly, there's probably 10x buying for gain. What's better, 1 person with the means of buying 100 to give to those in need, or 100 people with the same or greater means buying one for their personal use/gain?

You'll be happy to know that I ordered at 5:30 today, so if they were indeed sold out by 4:45, I won't be getting any to donate. After I ordered there were still hats available, so you can shame someone else for buying the last one that you had a right to. It's a good thing all the people with a real need for this were able to make it to Brampton in time to buy their hat before I could strip them of their dignity.
How dare you donate to the less fortunate when there's people who aren't in situations as unfortunate as them? I hope you get the hats, great price and they'll go to a good cause.
Nov 25, 2019
330 posts
541 upvotes
This is the weirdest thread I've seen on RFD in a while. Taking issue with someone who is donating to charity. Hmm... points for originality I suppose.
Dec 1, 2012
74 posts
50 upvotes
Be supportive of others ambitions that can be accomplished dont dissemble their ideas!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
andrew1989 wrote: This is the weirdest thread I've seen on RFD in a while. Taking issue with someone who is donating to charity. Hmm... points for originality I suppose.
It's a weird one indeed. One can also easily go to their local Dollarama and buy some hats for this same price everyday to donate.