4881 upvotes
Markham

John Vince Foods tent sale

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 13, 2019
Retailer:
John Vince Foods
John Vince Foods has their two week tent sale on right now. If you've never been there you should check it out if you're into food.

This place is the place to go for bulk foods (no packaging, Buy whatever amount of food you want and pay by weight).

Nuts, dried fruits, flour, spices, chocolate, candy, but butter, literally almost everything can be bought in bulk.

Click "retail store flyer" for tent sale flyer

While you're in the area, go to Almost Perfect and Yummy market and Highland Farms. Then go eat a great veal sandwich with a Brio drink at California Sandwich for lunch.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3266 posts
1567 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: John Vince Foods has their two week tent sale on right now. If you've never been there you should check it out if you're into food.

This place is the place to go for bulk foods (no packaging, Buy whatever amount of food you want and pay by weight).

Nuts, dried fruits, flour, spices, chocolate, candy, but butter, literally almost everything can be bought in bulk.

Click "retail store flyer" for tent sale flyer

While you're in the area, go to Almost Perfect and Yummy market and Highland Farms. Then go eat a great veal sandwich with a Brio drink at California Sandwich for lunch.
Just to clarify - they put up a circus tent in their parking lot, and sell a wide range of imported non bulk products/foods. Lots of stuff from Italy. It is pretty cool.

While I go to Johnvince around once a month, I've never been to the other places you mentioned. What would make visiting Almost Perfect or Yummy Market worth it? Is it cool unique products, or amazing deals?

You got me all excited about a Highland Farms in the area, but upon searching, I guess you are talking about the store in Maple? That's 12km further north from Johnvince.

It goes without saying - California Sandwiches is amazing. I've never been to any other locations other than the original. So tasty!
Apr 29, 2007
523 posts
235 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I love johnvince but they got to do something about all the people sampling the goods. Lots of old men sticking their saliva covered fingers into the bins. They must think it's an ayce buffet lol.
Last week I saw a guy eating roasted peanuts and tossing the shells back into the big bag. So I bought the prepackaged peanuts instead.
Nov 14, 2003
330 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: Just to clarify - they put up a circus tent in their parking lot, and sell a wide range of imported non bulk products/foods. Lots of stuff from Italy. It is pretty cool.

While I go to Johnvince around once a month, I've never been to the other places you mentioned. What would make visiting Almost Perfect or Yummy Market worth it? Is it cool unique products, or amazing deals?
>> Yummy market is a Russian deli / bakery / grocery. Lots of East European goodies.

You got me all excited about a Highland Farms in the area, but upon searching, I guess you are talking about the store in Maple? That's 12km further north from Johnvince.
>> Coppa on Dufferin - split off from Highland Farms. Great produce.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9716 posts
4881 upvotes
Markham
Sorry...

Highland Farms there is now Coppa.

Yummy market is euro deli.... Good smoked cured meats and euro stuff. Interesting hot table there as well. Close by to John Vince so worth a check it out.

Almost Perfect... They sell short dated or even "expired" stuff for very cheap. They also sell over stocked stuff that the manufacturer may not want discounted in regular channel supermarkets. They also have access to lot of frozen stuff. With a check it out and see for yourself if you're in the area as it's only 5 minutes away.

Oh and agree with you about some of the clientele who don't know how to use a scoop and sample everything with their hands. FYI. I usually scoop from the edges and dig down a bit to try and find untouched bulk.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9716 posts
4881 upvotes
Markham
Someone else corrected me re Almost Perfect.... They changed the name to Grocery Outlet.

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3266 posts
1567 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the clarifications.
Will be heading to Johnvince either today or tomorrow, so will check out Yummy and Grocery Outlet.
I'm out in Etobicoke, and only really head out there for Johnvince, so it will be nice to have some other things to check out.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Wow, John Vince is a nostalgic place for me as a kid. My mom would take me here after she would get off work. The sampling here is insane. As a kid, we would pretty much eat everything haha. I remember seeing the "Mr. Planter' peanut mascot practically everywhere. I should stop by and see how much has changed! Thanks op!
My horn can pierce the sky
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9716 posts
4881 upvotes
Markham
Tent Sale ends tomorrow JUNE 13th.

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3266 posts
1567 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Tent Sale ends tomorrow JUNE 13th.
This afternoon works much better for me, so was planning to head out in an hour or so.
Hmmmm - I've never been towards the end. I wonder if they lower prices more just to get rid of things?
Has anyone ever gone to the tent sale on the last day?
Dec 26, 2007
173 posts
31 upvotes
North York
John Vince, Grocery Outlet and Yummy Market are my local favourites! I guess I need to try out California sandwiches. I had heard of them and driven by but will stop in next time! Will check out the tent on the way home - saw them setting it up a little while ago...