Dec 28, 2005
5031 posts
2132 upvotes
Ancaster

Joma Shop President's Day Sale - Watches up to 75% off

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Joma Shop
Lots of watches on sale and they ship to Canada. Even after paying for duties, you're going to be much better off than Canadian retailers. Note, prices are in USD. A few gems that I picked out.

Longines (25% - 35% off): Longines Conquest V.H.P. - $915 CAD (35% off Canadian retail)
Hamilton (20% - 38% off): Jazzmaster Open Heart - $839 CAD ( 23% off Canadian retail)

Sadly, no high-end Japanese stuff, but some good deals to be had.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2738 posts
3059 upvotes
Nice, but sadly, some of those savings will be eaten up at the border.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5031 posts
2132 upvotes
Ancaster
thelasthunter wrote: Nice, but sadly, some of those savings will be eaten up at the border.
Sure, but you were going to have to pay the taxes if you bought the watches in Canada.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16130 posts
2499 upvotes
GTA
this site has been around for years... how do we / they know the watches are authentic?
Dec 17, 2011
84 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: this site has been around for years... how do we / they know the watches are authentic?
Jomashop is well respected and used in the watch community. Yes they are authentic.
Mar 26, 2005
430 posts
71 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Nice, but sadly, some of those savings will be eaten up at the border.
lol i clicked on your sig thinking it was a link to a watch on Joma. Got confused seeing an Espresso Machine for sale.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16130 posts
2499 upvotes
GTA
brantnanton wrote: Jomashop is well respected and used in the watch community. Yes they are authentic.
what about the preowned stuff? and they have dealer listings right?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1000 posts
795 upvotes
SURREY
For anything below $1k its better to look local. Above that you might see some savings and get the peace of mind buying from a reputable dealer.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2738 posts
3059 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Sure, but you were going to have to pay the taxes if you bought the watches in Canada.
That's kind of true but not exact. Yes, part of the border duty are taxes, but another part of the border brokerage is the duty fee in this case about $32 for the Hamilton, which isn't bad at all. You could argue that this brokerage fee is passed on by Canadian dealers anyways. 983.80 CAD all in for the Jazzmaster seems like a very good price indeed. I just wonder what the all time low for that one is.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Feb 19th, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2738 posts
3059 upvotes
DjRags604 wrote: For anything below $1k its better to look local. Above that you might see some savings and get the peace of mind buying from a reputable dealer.
Can you point me to a Canadian dealer that has a better price than $983 on that Jazzmaster?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2756 posts
1012 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it’s worth a browseThumbs Up Sign

But everybody should also take a look around locally and make some calls first to get some local prices. Especially with the pandemic and the restrictions on in store shopping, some brand name Boutiques are giving decent discounts (in my case, I was able to negotiate a significant discount from European Boutique at Sherway) so I would think some AD’s would give even more if you’re looking at Grey Market.

When buying such expensive items, I prefer to pay an extra $5-600 if needed to pick one up locally for the peace of mind and also to help the local economy.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14768 posts
6005 upvotes
Ottawa
Are these prices any different than any other sale they have offered? Everything is always on sale usually.

Because it's grey market and you will get dinged on duties/taxes, I'd probably only bite if it's at least 50% off. Usually, you can negotiate a discount of 25% off for brands like Hamilton.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14768 posts
6005 upvotes
Ottawa
thelasthunter wrote: Can you point me to a Canadian dealer that has a better price than $983 on that Jazzmaster?
That Jazzmaster is regularly $1200 Canadian.

And you can usually get 20% off Hamiltons when on sale.

This place has had blanket 20% off Hamiltons from time to time. https://www.monacogroup.ca/Model/Hamilton/H32565585

If you can wait until BF or Boxing day, they'll have that discount on their website again. My friend bought a Hamilton Intra-matic Chrono for 25% off in B&M (shopping mall) store by negotiating with them

They also have a sale from time to time (especially when the stores were closed during covid). Not sure if they'll repeat but I suspect business is down so they will probably repeat the sales more often.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2738 posts
3059 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: Are these prices any different than any other sale they have offered? Everything is always on sale usually.

Because it's grey market and you will get dinged on duties/taxes, I'd probably only bite if it's at least 50% off. Usually, you can negotiate a discount of 25% off for brands like Hamilton.
The duties/taxes aren't too bad at all. You can pre-pay them at checkout so there's no surprises. The tax on the Jazzmaster is regular HST in Ontario, plus $32 in duty. It's not bad, but I agree with you that Joma stuff is better when it's >50% off. I see some Certina auto watches at 60% off currently. IMO Certina is totally underestimated. You're getting a Swiss with a good bit of history with similar ETA movements and Saphire. Plus Hamilton's new Khaki lineup is increasing in price, so players like Certina can fill that ~$500 void.
There's some models with 80-hour power reserve as well, like this stunner.

If it was 38-40mm with a simple date on the bottom, I'd be ALL over this one.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5031 posts
2132 upvotes
Ancaster
warpdrive wrote: Are these prices any different than any other sale they have offered? Everything is always on sale usually.

There are still some deals to be had. The Certinas, particularly the HAQ ones, are a good recommendation by The Last Hunter at upwards of 70% off.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14768 posts
6005 upvotes
Ottawa
thelasthunter wrote: IMO Certina is totally underestimated. You're getting a Swiss with some history with similar ETA movements. There's some models with 80-hour power reserve as well. Plus Hamilton's new Khaki lineup is increasing in price, so players like Certina can fill that ~$500 void.
Yup, Certina and Mido are sister brands that offer the same kind of value as Hamilton in the Swatch Group. You can buy a Mido Certified Chronometer for $1500 with the powermatic 80 with silicon balance spring (also seen in Tissots) https://www.midowatches.com/ca-en/comma ... 03100.html

I like Mido Ocean Star GMT. Might pick up one of those someday.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14768 posts
6005 upvotes
Ottawa
unshavenyak wrote: There are still some deals to be had. The Certinas, particularly the HAQ ones, are a good recommendation by The Last Hunter at upwards of 70% off.
I did some random browsing and it seems the ones I want to buy are never discounted heavily (hovering around 35%)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5031 posts
2132 upvotes
Ancaster
warpdrive wrote: I did some random browsing and it seems the ones I want to buy are never discounted heavily (hovering around 35%)
Ah, that sucks. I'm considering picking up the Hamilton Railroad Skeleton, which is around 40% off. It's fortunate (or perhaps unfortunate) that Joma doesn't offer the JDM stuff (Grand Seiko 9F, Spring Drive or The Citizen), because my bank account would be in big trouble.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1262 posts
352 upvotes
The duties, taxes; brokerages fees and exchange rates kill this deal