Sports & Recreation

Jon Jones reportedly stripped of title after failing UFC 214 drugs test...AGAIN!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 6:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15103 posts
11835 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

Jon Jones reportedly stripped of title after failing UFC 214 drugs test...AGAIN!!

Again????

Jon Jones failed a drug test following his comeback victory over Daniel Cormier last month at UFC 214.

The 30-year-old, widely regarded as the No1 pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts, tested positive for the steroid turinabol in an in-competition Usada test from the day before his fight with Daniel Cormier on 29 July in Anaheim, California.

News link here

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
10 replies
Jul 2, 2012
76 posts
18 upvotes
WATERLOO
Theyre checking the B sample.
I am hoping it comes back negative.

I wouldn't be able to understand Jones if he straight up juiced after everything hes been through.
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
9381 posts
5999 upvotes
ON
kenner30 wrote: Theyre checking the B sample.
I am hoping it comes back negative.

I wouldn't be able to understand Jones if he straight up juiced after everything hes been through.
Winning at any cost....it's sad that athletes have become the junkies at this day and age. Too much pressure from the media and the fans I suppose.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15103 posts
11835 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
458 upvotes
Juicing up to be a better athlete is one thing, but cheating to beat someone up is much worse. Criminal charges should be laid
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10287 posts
4742 upvotes
Toronto
Kingmoo wrote: Juicing up to be a better athlete is one thing, but cheating to beat someone up is much worse. Criminal charges should be laid
if one is a competitive athlete then the whole point of juicing up is to beat your opponent.

i've always thought JJ was supremely gifted but something about his attitude always rubbed me the wrong way.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2654 posts
1367 upvotes
North York
Can anyone explain B sample Test? Because what Dana stated is that the Steroid that was found in the system is taken Orally and it is out of the System in 2 days.....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5498 posts
5146 upvotes
Toronto
He's got no excuses. As good as he is (was), he's a moron for screwing it all up - again.
Aug 29, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
For UFC fans, Jones has been making some very strange tweets recently. It looks like his is in a very bad place right now, mentally.

Anyone who loves MMA should hope he gets his act together (finally).

Any truth to the rumour he is being recruited to fight in Japan while he's suspended by the UFC?
Oct 18, 2017
1 posts
Any chance Jones was set up. I mean testing positive for a legit steroids sources right after weigh ins seems kind of dumb.

Or maybe its just hard to believe.....
Last edited by Mumbrint on Jul 10th, 2019 4:28 am, edited 6 times in total.