• Jan 3rd, 2020 4:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3629 posts
973 upvotes

Joy Con Repair

Has anyone sent in Joy Cons to Nintendo for repair under the new free replacement warranty program?

How long does it take and do they ship new joy cons or refurbs?

Recently discovered my nephews both left and right joy cons have issues.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2794 posts
1499 upvotes
London
for controllers i don't think they even bother to repair. with wii controllers they just sent new ones out. probably less hassle for them to just replace them then ship the busted ones to some 3rd world country to refurbish them with cheap labour then resell them on there store as refurbished units.
Apr 29, 2014
35 posts
47 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
I sent in both my left controllers from the 2 sets I have since they both suffered from the "drift" issue. It took 3 days from the time I submitted a Joy-Con Repair Request before Nintendo "confirmed" the request with instructions on how and where to ship them (via Purolator) to the repair depot in Vancouver, 1 day for Purolator to deliver them from Port Coquitlam to Vancouver, 2 days for Nintendo to acknowledge receipt of them, 3 days to repair them (yes, they actually repaired the controllers I sent them), and then 3 more days before I got them back via Purolator.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4017 posts
957 upvotes
Markham
My experience so far sending in 3 joycons for repair is like this:

Request over the weekend and by Monday had the confirmation for out of warranty repair with instructions for sending them in.
It tool a week from Toronto to reach Virtual Way in Vancouver.
Purolator shows received by receptionist on morning of Aug 12.
5 days later, and it’s still not showing on the repair status that they’ve received it.
Contacted support and they are looking into it.

They better send me new one if they lose it.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4017 posts
957 upvotes
Markham
OK. It's been MIA until today. I receive an email that it was in for repair and then a few minutes later I got Purolator tracking for shipments back.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3629 posts
973 upvotes
I got my shipping info on the 15th, shipped them out last week. Status so far say its in Toronto, hopefully will see its in Vancouver by Monday.

The kid cannot play Fortnite and hopefully he doesn't have to wait to long.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4017 posts
957 upvotes
Markham
Just received them back from repair today. Good as new. No more 漂流 ひょうりゅう.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3629 posts
973 upvotes
Jonavin wrote: Just received them back from repair today. Good as new. No more 漂流 ひょうりゅう.
Mine arrived at purolator Vancouver today.

Did they fix the same joy cons you sent in?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4017 posts
957 upvotes
Markham
JonSnow wrote: Mine arrived at purolator Vancouver today.

Did they fix the same joy cons you sent in?
Yup. The same scratches I had on it were still there. Not sure if they replaced the whole inside of just or just the stick. But it all works now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3629 posts
973 upvotes
Jonavin wrote: Yup. The same scratches I had on it were still there. Not sure if they replaced the whole inside of just or just the stick. But it all works now.
seems odd they are repairing it and not just sending refurbs. In a way its better this way, I want my original joy cons back.
Oct 16, 2016
87 posts
26 upvotes
Brampton
Hi guys how much you paid for the shipping ? to send the joycon ?
Regards,
Sheray
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3629 posts
973 upvotes
Sheray wrote: Hi guys how much you paid for the shipping ? to send the joycon ?
$0
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2444 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, my pro controller suffered from joy con drift too. From the day I sent it in until I received the controller back it was about 1 month. It took about 5 business days to get to Vancouver from Toronto and then another 1 1/2 weeks before they acknowledged that they received it. I believe they sent me a new pro controller because the plastic was still all over the controller that I got back. I had to sync the pro controller back to my Switch.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11216 posts
2257 upvotes
Durham Region
JonSnow wrote: seems odd they are repairing it and not just sending refurbs. In a way its better this way, I want my original joy cons back.

I think it's a good thing they're doing actual repairs

I just repaired 2 for someone with the drift issue. They didn't care that there was a warranty repair program going on and just paid me.