Expired Hot Deals

[Jsonic] (Montreal) Refurb LG OLED65B9 65" OLED 2019 for 1299.99$

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 5:30 pm
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL

(Montreal) Refurb LG OLED65B9 65" OLED 2019 for 1299.99$

Deal Link:
Price:
1299.99
Retailer:
Jsonic
Jsonic is having a small Black Friday sale.
See flyer on www.refurbished.ca
NO SHIPPING
You need to go pick up your orders at their warehouse in Montreal.

They sell certified refurbs / open boxes and so far I had a great experience with them. They have great return policy and their 6 month warranty covers everything except physical damage. You can add an additional 24 months for about 150$.

Since OLED TVs are selling like hot cakes everywhere, this might be a good alternative to people with a tighter budget and who don't mind certified refurbs.

TV rating : https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b9-oled
Current price at Costco (OOS) : https://www.costco.ca/lg-65-in.-smart-4 ... 15672.html

Overall great reviews and unless you are absolutely a hardcore spec person, you probably won't notice any difference between the 2019 B9 and the 2020 BX model that replaces the B9. B is LG's "budget tier" as compared to C but they are still great OLEDs. The BX appears to have better out-of-the-box calibration than the B9 but they are both rated similarly by rtings.com (source : https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/bx-oled)

Permanent burn in is still a risk but not for general casual use. See rtings.com section on perma burn-in for additional info.

EDIT : Some CC offers extended warranty for Refurbished items. TD, BMO and Scotia do not, but CIBC and RBC do. Credit goes to @Kwirky
I know refurb is not for everyone, but I believe this is already "priced in" the deal and with refurb in mind, I still think it's a pretty sweet deal compared to 2.4k$ at Costco (OOS) for a sale price item. Original price is probably close to 2.7k $. I trust Jsonic refurbs because I ought several items from them and their return policy is very good.
Last edited by valcyclovir on Nov 28th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
25 replies
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL
simonchretien wrote: oled refurb, now I'm scared.
Why ? They have great return policies and 6 month warranty. They offer cheap 24 months warranty if that is not enough for you for a total of 30 months + 12 months from your CC. If they are able to provide this warranty for that cheap, they stand behind their products.

There's a way to see how many hours the TV has been used in the service panel.

But as the old saying goes, you pay for what you get and if you want total peace of mind, go for new for 1.1k $ more.
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2004
942 posts
328 upvotes
I dont think your CC warranty policy will cover refurbished product
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
504 posts
501 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
The 899$ 65inch sony x900 is pretty good price.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL
Chi-tel wrote: I dont think your CC warranty policy will cover refurbished product
Refurb or not, your CC EXTENDS your current warranty up to 12 months for most cards. Jsonic is a certified refurb / open box reseller, not a ebay / amazon refurb store.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7029 posts
1443 upvotes
BC
valcyclovir wrote: Refurb or not, your CC EXTENDS your current warranty up to 12 months for most cards. Jsonic is a certified refurb / open box reseller, not a ebay / amazon refurb store.
Not all cards cover refurbished, e.g. TD, BMO and Scotia do not, but CIBC and RBC do.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1711 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal
Op do you work for them? The way you promote them seem to good to be truth

Or did you had experience with their return or warranty experience?

I had refurb phone broken in the past and these guys were unreachable. They do whse sales every few months and then disappear. This is their tactic to not offer any after sales service.
Newbie
May 24, 2013
46 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Kwirky wrote: Not all cards cover refurbished, e.g. TD, BMO and Scotia do not, but CIBC and RBC do.
If correct, this is great info, thanks! Can confirm BMO does not.
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL
Kwirky wrote: Not all cards cover refurbished, e.g. TD, BMO and Scotia do not, but CIBC and RBC do.
Wow pretty amazing you know which one does and which one doesn't haha, thanks for the info. I'll add that to my post.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2012
710 posts
501 upvotes
Ottawa
Kwirky wrote: Not all cards cover refurbished, e.g. TD, BMO and Scotia do not, but CIBC and RBC do.
How long does RBC extend refurbished warranty?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7029 posts
1443 upvotes
BC
thearun wrote: If correct, this is great info, thanks! Can confirm BMO does not.
valcyclovir wrote: Wow pretty amazing you know which one does and which one doesn't haha, thanks for the info. I'll add that to my post.
I found that info on these blogs:
https://shoptherate.ca/blog/credit-card ... redit-card
https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/extended-warranties/

However, I've looked over the CIBC Aventura agreement and they only cover manufacturer refurbished products, while RBC's Avion terms only exclusion for refurbs are mobile devices, so unless this TV is manufacturer refurbished I think RBC may be the only card that extends this TV's warranty.
benzylique wrote: How long does RBC extend refurbished warranty?
All cards give you double the original warranty, so in this case it would add 6 months to your original 6 months (1 year total).
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1013 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal, QC
J Sonic is pretty legit and great prices, especially on those LG laptops, pretty much Costco returns, I have a B9 from Costco, but have bought laptops, Samsung Watch, Galaxy S7 from them in the past
Newbie
May 24, 2013
46 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Kwirky wrote: I found that info on these blogs:
https://shoptherate.ca/blog/credit-card ... redit-card
https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/extended-warranties/

However, I've looked over the CIBC Aventura agreement and they only cover manufacturer refurbished products, while RBC's Avion terms only exclusion for refurbs are mobile devices, so unless this TV is manufacturer refurbished I think RBC may be the only card that extends this TV's warranty.



All cards give you double the original warranty, so in this case it would add 6 months to your original 6 months (1 year total).
Appreciate the research and update.
Member
Oct 29, 2010
250 posts
272 upvotes
Quebec
valcyclovir wrote: Why ? They have great return policies and 6 month warranty. They offer cheap 24 months warranty if that is not enough for you for a total of 30 months + 12 months from your CC. If they are able to provide this warranty for that cheap, they stand behind their products.

There's a way to see how many hours the TV has been used in the service panel.

But as the old saying goes, you pay for what you get and if you want total peace of mind, go for new for 1.1k $ more.
Well it's not manufacturer refurb, they do. And who knows what they do...
I'm from QC I know about them, the Geocities website is not inspiring but the prices are good.
I'd never buy an extended warranty anyway being in QC (legal warranty and all, it also applies to used or refurbished products).
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL
simonchretien wrote: Well it's not manufacturer refurb, they do. And who knows what they do...
I'm from QC I know about them, the Geocities website is not inspiring but the prices are good.
I'd never buy an extended warranty anyway being in QC (legal warranty and all, it also applies to used or refurbished products).
Yeah indeed we are protected by the QC Consumer's law here and I wouldn't get the warranty either. My close friends and I have bought many things from them ranging from TVs to tablets to other electronics and we've had no complaints.

What got me sold is their customer support, return policies and 6 month warranty that is almost as good as Costco. They claim that their products are all tested, certified and guaranteed. For sure no one has a way to verify that but so far I've only heard good feedbacks from them. I wouldn't trust any other refurb companies other than that manufacturer and jsonic.
Member
Oct 29, 2010
250 posts
272 upvotes
Quebec
thearun wrote: If correct, this is great info, thanks! Can confirm BMO does not.
Checked for my Scotia Visa Momentum Infinite, extended warranty up to 1 year and the only exclusion seems to be "Mobile devices", which they define as phones and tablets.
[OP]
Member
Apr 28, 2012
227 posts
289 upvotes
MONTREAL
UPDATE : I went to pick up my LG 65 today, there were no one this morning, picked it up with no hassle, went home to install it. Everything was there, I couldn't see any dents or scratches. Ran some pixel and RGB tests, no faults. TV shows 5min up time on the settings, the plastic film on the front screen was never taken off. All in all, I am very satisfied with the quality of these refurb TVs and hope to see it last as long as a new one :)

Top