Expired Hot Deals

[Jugo Juice] Pay $20 Get Any Smoothie for $2 for 20 Days in a Row (Feb 1-20)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 8:13 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1654 posts
4095 upvotes

[Jugo Juice] Pay $20 Get Any Smoothie for $2 for 20 Days in a Row (Feb 1-20)

This deal could be useful to those who need their daily smoothie fix.

1) Purchase a JugoPass for $20. Hurry though – it’s only available until January 25th!
2) Your JugoPass entitles you to buy any Jugo Juice smoothie for only $2 for 20 days in a row, between February 1-20.
3) Enjoy your smoothies and the cash you saved!

link: http://shop.jugojuice.com/

Fine Print: Valid on smoothies only, any size. JugoPass will arrive via mail between January 21-31. Each $2 smoothie coupon valid for one day only between February 1 and February 20 and must be presented at time of purchase. Substitutions or additions to smoothie available at an additional charge.
51 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
Confirmed : Coupons are date specific you must redeem on that day and only that day.

Deceptive. With the pass price included YOU are paying a minimum of $3.40 a smoothie NOT $2. You could end up paying a lot more then $3.40 a smoothie if you don't use all 20x of them. You have to use every single 1 to get that price. You are also at the mercy of Canada posts cheapest snail mail $1 postage service. If you don't get ur coupons before feb 1st your out of luck. With these 2 major factors it's hardly worth the commitment of going 20x days in a row.

100% of Booster juice owners inside malls elect not to participate in most promotions, so this may be up to the franchisee owner of jugo juice to decide if he wants to participate in this promotion. I'll verify tmrw.

Note however your commiting to go 20x and commiting about $70. Plus time and gas going to the mall and parking etc 20x times.

The coupons may be date specific which would make this a horrid deal. They want ur mailing information as well. Buyer Beware.

They are trying to compete with booster juices last promo. which didn't have these frivolous hoops and complicated things for the avg user.

Also note they want ur information date name etc mailing address etc,

Can't buy it in stores (very dumb) forces you to give them your personal information :S

We don't know if each coupon is day specific which would make this a COLD deal.

Hardly a hot deal. It's okay if you sell some of the coupons to a friend at $1.50 a peice if not day specific

Also note, jugo juice ain't as healthy as it may portray. They use frozen concentrate ridden stuff in a vast majority of their smoothies. Even the orange juice they put in is usually that cheap $2 carton juice. Also if you're a vegetarian they may charge you an extra $1 for soy instead of whey protein or 2% milk for almond milk. Booster juice never charges extra for same category substitutions.
Last edited by DroNBA on Jan 17th, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dec 11, 2012
270 posts
643 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm still trying to process what kind of deal this is. What was going through Jugo's marketing team's head... Making it so complicated to figure out if this is even a deal or not
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
Thecheapindian wrote: I'm still trying to process what kind of deal this is. What was going through Jugo's marketing team's head... Making it so complicated to figure out if this is even a deal or not
It's so dumb. That person should be out of a job. It's also deceptive to the mathematically unsavy. I suggest everyone call them tmrw and give em advice
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1350 posts
1130 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Not sure why this seems complicated for some people.

You pay $20 to get 20 daily coupons that'll allow you to purchase any 1 smoothie of any size for $2.

$20 / 20 coupons = $1 / coupon + $2 / smoothie = $3 and whatever tax there is on top.

I don't drink jugo or booster, but at this price, I'm tempted to give it a shot.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
b31770 wrote: Not sure why this seems complicated for some people.

You pay $20 to get 20 daily coupons that'll allow you to purchase any 1 smoothie of any size for $2.

$20 / 20 coupons = $1 / coupon + $2 / smoothie = $3 and whatever tax there is on top.

I don't drink jugo or booster, but at this price, I'm tempted to give it a shot.
Your not accounting for the tax on all 20x smoothies.

It's only $3 plus tax only if you use all 20. You're commiting to goto juice everyday for 20 days straight and also commiting $70 not $3 like you said.

Also it's so horribly written up that you may have 20 date specific coupons show up making it worse.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1350 posts
1130 upvotes
VANCOUVER
thesick wrote: Your not accounting for the tax on all 20x smoothies.

It's only $3 plus tax only if you use all 20. You're commiting to goto juice everyday for 20 days straight and also commiting $70 not $3 like you said.

Also it's so horribly written up that you may have 20 date specific coupons show up making it worse.
My god man, are you being difficult on purpose?

To start off, I did mention taxes would be on top. But come on, you'd have to pay taxes regardless so why are you factoring in taxes? You might as well not spend money ever.

And are not capable of clicking the link? The checkout clearly states free shipping with a total of $20. You are assuming a million verifiable things.

Any reasonable person would be okay with date specific coupons considering the deal is limited to a smoothie per day.

You are committing to nothing but $20 for the pass. If you don't like the concept, then don't buy it in the first place.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1368 upvotes
b31770 wrote: My god man, are you being difficult on purpose?

You are committing to nothing but $20 for the pass. If you don't like the concept, then don't buy it in the first place.
I'm not sure why you think he's being difficult. He's made a valid point. I will definitely be one of the people not purchasing this in the first place.

In fact, the point he raised is really good. A consumer would be restricted to use the coupons (for which they pay $20), only for 20 days, Feb. 1 to 20. Kind of like a mix between a gift card and a coupon. Only that you pay $20 for coupons that will expire. How is that fair? The fine print says that the coupon book will arrive by mail. What if it arrives late? What if you get it after Feb. 10? Are you stuck with drinking 2 smoothies a day to make up for it?

With the utmost respect to Jugo Juice, this deal gets worse, the more you think about it. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll pass.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1425 posts
359 upvotes
Calgary
I got a pack thanks. I have one in the food court near my so now I have breakfast/gym snack taken care of for those 20 days now.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1818 posts
854 upvotes
Home
So what's in these smoothies, frozen juice, a sprinkle of frozen fruit... What makes it smooth, crushed ice, ice cream like substance?
Aug 23, 2010
602 posts
542 upvotes
GTA
Definitely wouldn't call this a deal. It's more like a bonus for those who frequent this place to save some cents lol.

In Ontario it would only be worth it if you get 4 or more smoothies, if you buy the $6.45+ ones.
If you buy the $5.95 smoothies you would need to get 5 for it to be worth it.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1958 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
This might be an okay deal if they ran it in the summer time but during winter when it's freezing outside i dont think you'd want a smoothie everyday for 20 days straight.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1350 posts
1130 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: I'm not sure why you think he's being difficult. He's made a valid point. I will definitely be one of the people not purchasing this in the first place.

In fact, the point he raised is really good. A consumer would be restricted to use the coupons (for which they pay $20), only for 20 days, Feb. 1 to 20. Kind of like a mix between a gift card and a coupon. Only that you pay $20 for coupons that will expire. How is that fair? The fine print says that the coupon book will arrive by mail. What if it arrives late? What if you get it after Feb. 10? Are you stuck with drinking 2 smoothies a day to make up for it?

With the utmost respect to Jugo Juice, this deal gets worse, the more you think about it. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll pass.
Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning towards not buying the pass since the locations aren't convenient for me.

But the deal is fairly clear. A lot of the negative comments seem to relate to whether you can maximize your value, and while that is understandable, it doesn't mean the jugo pass is a bad deal for everyone.

I keep on forgetting this is RFD where deals are bad unless you can take advantage of retailers or get things for free.

You mentioned about the consumer being restricted in the usage of the coupons? My god, it's laid out clearly in the terms... If the terms aren't convenient, then just pass on this deal. No need to lambast a retailer for a deal that doesn't suit you.

And I thought he was being difficult for making up a million verifiable assumptions. Like shipping wasn't free, there being taxes on the $20, paying double taxes, etc. That's fear mongering.

Seems like people feel entitled to golden deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1350 posts
1130 upvotes
VANCOUVER
j831 wrote: Definitely wouldn't call this a deal. It's more like a bonus for those who frequent this place to save some cents lol.

In Ontario it would only be worth it if you get 4 or more smoothies, if you buy the $6.45+ ones.
If you buy the $5.95 smoothies you would need to get 5 for it to be worth it.
EdLeafs wrote: This might be an okay deal if they ran it in the summer time but during winter when it's freezing outside i dont think you'd want a smoothie everyday for 20 days straight.
Both very excellent and valid points.

I'm definitely skipping the deal. I'm not going out of my way for something that I usually don't consume anyways.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
b31770 wrote: My god man, are you being difficult on purpose?

To start off, I did mention taxes would be on top. But come on, you'd have to pay taxes regardless so why are you factoring in taxes? You might as well not spend money ever.

And are not capable of clicking the link? The checkout clearly states free shipping with a total of $20. You are assuming a million verifiable things.

Any reasonable person would be okay with date specific coupons considering the deal is limited to a smoothie per day.

yeah me and the 30 other downvotes that this deal will eventually get are being difficult on purpose.

judging by your taxes statement, I guess you walk into dealerships blindly and what was a $39,995 car you BLINDLY pay $53,458 for it without hesitation. Just taxes, freight, documentation, admission, paper work and weather fees right? When society pressures the spineless to tip 35%, waiters are going to love the oblivious.

Why would anyone be okay with a dated coupon lol, such a reckless statement.

Your are committing to $70 minimum the moment you hit SUBMIT online. if you miss a single day your average cost goes up. If you miss multiple or many, for example if you only go 2x its goes up from the $2 advertised to $12.50 a smoothie. Dont call this deal a concept, its an insult to concepts, it preys on the weak and misinformed.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
I RFD wrote: So what's in these smoothies, frozen juice, a sprinkle of frozen fruit... What makes it smooth, crushed ice, ice cream like substance?
booster juice is more fresh then jugo, call in and ask for yourself, i was shocked when they showed me a $2 1 l container of juice they put in all the juices/ smoothies that say juice. You can make substitutes usually free at booster juice, jugo juice charges for some odd reason. Almond milk vs reg milk or whey for soy etc, unfair.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6359 posts
4555 upvotes
Ottawa
This is just like the Starbucks January Coffee debate. You're only saving money if you maximize the use of the promo.

Otherwise, you're better off living your 'normal routine' life & going to Jugo or Booster the one or none times that you normally would.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12133 posts
1934 upvotes
Vancouver
Gosh , I know there are quite a few different smoothies but wouldn’t one get sick of these?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2141 posts
2194 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: This is just like the Starbucks January Coffee debate. You're only saving money if you maximize the use of the promo.

Otherwise, you're better off living your 'normal routine' life & going to Jugo or Booster the one or none times that you normally would.
Except with the Starbucks promo you just pay once and get a nice mug as well.

With this Jugo promotion, you pay for the pass and $2 every time you go, plus you need the right coupon that you wait for in the mail. Jugo is unnecessarily complicating things in hopes you won't use their coupons after paying for the pass, yet they get to advertise as if it's doing something good. That's what makes this a bad deal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6359 posts
4555 upvotes
Ottawa
silverele wrote: Except with the Starbucks promo you just pay once and get a nice mug as well.

With this Jugo promotion, you pay for the pass and $2 every time you go, plus you need the right coupon that you wait for in the mail. Jugo is unnecessarily complicating things in hopes you won't use their coupons after paying for the pass, yet they get to advertise as if it's doing something good. That's what makes this a bad deal.
Agreed 100%! It's overly complicated.
With Zoomer Wireless !