• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2019 9:21 am
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
312 posts
114 upvotes
Markham, ON

Just Energy contract

Would someone be able to tell me who these Just Energy people are? I live in a townhouse unit and there are people who drive to my door to ask me to renew my contract. I ignored them back in early October, but they have returned.

I vaguely remember signing with them a long time ago. I think it was when my grandmother died ten years ago and I wasn't thinking clearly. I never receive any bills from them, but they keep telling me I am a customer. There was a period of time a few years ago when they called my home phone six or seven times a day, everyday, but I never picked up. If I am really a customer, is there a way not to renew or terminate whatever contract I have left with them?

I get my electricity through Enercare and gas through Enbridge, as I get monthly invoices from them. As for water, I live in a condo townhouse and I pay the condo board as common element fees. I have Googled Just Energy and there are a lot of complaints about their questionable tactics... There is even a long thread on RFD that I didn't want to revive.

So, would there be any implications if I keep ignoring these Just Energy people?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3444 posts
1863 upvotes
Woodbridge
There is a serious reprucussions if you keep avoiding these people . Some of them but not limited to :
1. Save money
2. Save headaches
3. Not falling for known scams
4. Not signing into contract that keep increasing prices year after year.

So on and so forth. Hope that helps to make your decision faster.
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18693 posts
21366 upvotes
GTA
If you're contract expired than nothing to worry about. If they show up again tell them you will report them for door to door sales which is illegal.
Best to avoid these door to door resellers. You probably didn't get a bill because it was included in your electricity bill, just with Just Energy as the supplier.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Sep 30, 2004
727 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
First check your electricity bill and and see if there is writing along the lines of supply by Just Energy. If it's present then you are current a customer of theirs.

If that is the case, you should call Just Energy and check what contractual terms are left on it if any. If nothing is left request for them to remove you as a customer. Or you can call the utility to have them removed as your supplier. But you must first check what is left. If you go directly to your utility to have them removed as a supplier you may encounter some fee from Just Energy.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11450 posts
6633 upvotes
Paris
engineered wrote: If you're contract expired than nothing to worry about. If they show up again tell them you will report them for door to door sales which is illegal.
Best to avoid these door to door resellers. You probably didn't get a bill because it was included in your electricity bill, just with Just Energy as the supplier.
Im rusty on it, but I think just as with "do not call" if you have an existing business relationship with them within the last year they can show up. Its not door to door cold calling anymore.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4049 posts
3093 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
newlyborn wrote: There is a serious reprucussions if you keep avoiding these people . Some of them but not limited to :
1. Save money
2. Save headaches
3. Not falling for known scams
4. Not signing into contract that keep increasing prices year after year.

So on and so forth. Hope that helps to make your decision faster.
While I appreciate your sense of humour, I'm not sure the OP will necessarily "get it".
English may be a second language for the OP, and sarcasm is a subtle thing.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
312 posts
114 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for all the replies. I checked my bills again, and found Just Energy on my Enbridge bill in the "My Gas Charge Breakdown" section.

I will contact Just Energy and will ask them not to renew my contract and remove me as a customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)