Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 4, 2015
105 posts
14 upvotes
ON

Just got an email: Rogers Updating the Guide to Navigatr

Think this will slow down our Nextboxes even more? Just got this in my email.

"Search faster. Experience more. All with the new Navigatr guide.
We’re excited to bring you the Navigatr guide for your NextBox in the coming weeks. Your new guide will help you search for the shows and movies you love more easily, and get to amazing TV you want even faster. And best of all, this guide upgrade will come to your NextBox automatically – at no charge.

Watch for the Navigatr guide coming automatically to your NextBox over the next few weeks. This is just one of the many great things to happen to your TV experience in the near future.

Watch for the Navigatr guide coming to your NextBox soon."

Here's the link: https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrow ... r#navigatr
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2132 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
Good to hear. I feel like this is long overdue. All I can say is this better not make my box even slower
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25564 posts
15406 upvotes
Toronto
Everytime the UI is updated, a ton of bloat comes along for the ride. Pretty soon, the set top boxes need to be equipped with dual xeon processors in order to avoid lag. All my various boxes lag.
Feb 9, 2005
927 posts
226 upvotes
Hate the new UI. They made it a little too simplistic. Resembles a giant tablet on my tv.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2057 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
My Nextbox now lags like crazy, turning on the TV now takes almost 10 seconds and changing channels via up or down or numbers takes forever as well.

So frustrated and about to quit Rogers.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
rockthecasbah wrote: My Nextbox now lags like crazy, turning on the TV now takes almost 10 seconds and changing channels via up or down or numbers takes forever as well.

So frustrated and about to quit Rogers.
Reboot your box (unpolug and replug). I have the EXACT same problem on a brand new nextbox 3 (or whatever they're at) and do that reboot every 3 days just to make it usable.

They won't learn until people leave in droves. 2nd most arrogant company in Canada.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1340 posts
849 upvotes
Waterloo
Just dropped in to say that historically these cable boxes Rogers (and companies in the USA) have carried have been laggy pieces of spit for years and years. That said, speed and stability has improved on my Nextbox 3.0 with this latest update (too bad the Shomi interface still sucks) to the point where I have no problem saying it's very responsive, especially compared to the old guide.

My non-pvr Nextbox terminal still suffers from input delay though. Sigh.