Shopping Discussion

Is it just me or is Walmart.ca grocery delivery terrible for everyone?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 2:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1435 posts
250 upvotes

Is it just me or is Walmart.ca grocery delivery terrible for everyone?

I was a long-time Grocery Gateway user but switched to Walmart.ca the past two months because of the coupon codes and generally much better pricing. I live in a condo in downtown Toronto.

The experience has been... awful. There is a problem with literally every single order. And whenever the driver claims to be unable to deliver, Walmart Customer Service has NO WAY TO CONTACT THE DRIVER?!?!? It is outsourced to some third party delivery company who does not have a direct contact line with Walmart?

I literally just got off the phone with Walmart.ca who told me to "call back in an hour because the delivery company is not picking up the phone". WTF??? What kind of answer is that? Walmart is a US$340B market cap corporation, and this is their best effort for grocery delivery?

Is anyone else having weird issues with Walmart.ca grocery delivery, or am I just unlucky?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1306 upvotes
i use them about 3-4x a month and have zero issues.

Any time an item has been substituted they let me know at delivery and ask me if I want it or not. This happens once in a while but not a big deal. I've never had Walmart been unable to deliver and I've never had to call them on the phone regarding delivery either.

Why would you need to call them on the phone regarding delivery? I've done that exactly zero times and have been using them for about a year or probably about 40 deliveries or so