Scammers and Warnings

Just need to say, get your money first, since after they have the product, it's hard to get any money lol

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 7:51 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4973 posts
36524 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Just need to say, get your money first, since after they have the product, it's hard to get any money lol

Long story short, a guy offered to buy a lego set from me from eBay and said it's his wife's account, but we can talk on kijiji. He was always late in replying, but it's been 2 weeks since last message and sent another and now am thinking he's not going to reply. We talked on kijiji and I have 2 feedbacks on eBay where I didn't send, 1 where it was due to me being on a trip, the other time I sold something locally and forgot to remove it from eBay and they had left me a negative even though I refunded within days. So I got that maybe he was weary, so we agree to sending the lego, and another set, since I said, feel free to take a look at my other ad. So we discuss shipping and he sends me $45 for it via paypal. I go to send, and oh yeah, we had agreed to do it collect on delivery, meaning I send the legos, and he pays when the package is rendered to him. So I tabbed on $360 + $7 for the cod fee, saved him a quarter, to the cod payment. I went to pay and I did say I'll bring it back if it's over $50 and let him know, but it was $69.50 with cod payment and all. So $67 since the $2.50 was on me minus cod so $60 total, meaning $15 short. I told him about it, but than later felt stupid since I said I'd bring it back, so said for him to check and build the lego and check to see if everything is there and get at me, and than he can pay me the $15 remainder.

Well, than the messages I discussed initially were sent. Always took a few days to reply, and he was expecting messages, hope it clears up. Won't send him a letter telling him to send me the $15 lol. I'm sure the kijiji is linked to an email. But it's a hassle, and we'll see. Just saying, get your money first, since after, people are not so apt to give it to you lol
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2008
1004 posts
56 upvotes
Markham
no idea what i just read. Confused Face
Thanks RFD I'm poor because of all the deals :cry:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4973 posts
36524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rikon wrote: no idea what i just read. Confused Face
Let's summarize: We agreed after some time to sell two of my lego sets and ship them to his residence. I had supposed shipping couldn't be more than $45, so that's what I told him to send via paypal. I than tabbed on $367 on the Collect On Delivery payment which I have received and deposited. The only thing was, that the price of shipping was more, and I shipped it, than gave him the benefit of the doubt, since I did say it def won't be over $50, if so, I'll bring it back. Couldn't tab the rest onto the COD payment, as I had already printed the form at home. So he was alright about it when I told him about it, but it's been 2.5 weeks since we last talked, and he's not replying back with the $15 remainder that is owed. I guess hard lesson learned, could've been worse. I got a little less for the lego's than I was expecting due to the shipping cost, and didn't get the money I would have liked back on wasting a ton of bubble wrap to get it to him nicely and in same condition.

But not that important, just saying, someone could be nice and be willing to work it out, after the items are there, the person will be much less likely to finish unresolved business. Get your money first! lol
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1569 posts
1120 upvotes
Brampton
Rikon wrote: no idea what i just read. Confused Face
Same, even after explanation.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4973 posts
36524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lol alright...maybe you're not familiar on collect on delivery, or it's just not my day to explain things. I was never any good at writing an essay and making sure I explained everything as if the other person had no idea what I was talking about. Either way, not too big of a scam, might just think the deal is done and doesn't want to deal with it anymore. The way I see it, I'm still owed $15 as that was the price of shipping. The only thing you may be confused about is we did discuss shipping, and said if shipping is more than $50 I'll let you know before shipping. Went walking to the post office, it was an uncomfortable carry and didn't want to bring it back. Guess maybe I kinda wanted to have it shipped since this deal was taking a while. On that note, maybe I should have made it clear about shipping first and got him to send the remainder than before shipping.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2008
1004 posts
56 upvotes
Markham
stinastr wrote: lol alright...maybe you're not familiar on collect on delivery, or it's just not my day to explain things. I was never any good at writing an essay and making sure I explained everything as if the other person had no idea what I was talking about. Either way, not too big of a scam, might just think the deal is done and doesn't want to deal with it anymore. The way I see it, I'm still owed $15 as that was the price of shipping. The only thing you may be confused about is we did discuss shipping, and said if shipping is more than $50 I'll let you know before shipping. Went walking to the post office, it was an uncomfortable carry and didn't want to bring it back. Guess maybe I kinda wanted to have it shipped since this deal was taking a while. On that note, maybe I should have made it clear about shipping first and got him to send the remainder than before shipping.
ahhhh ok, i think i get it.
it seems shipping was more than anticipated and now after he received the item he is ignoring you/not sending balance remaining for the shipping.

i think next time ask for more than what you think shipping will be and adjust the price on your end when you find out.

at least you sold the lego that you were having a hard time getting rid of locally.

people like this makes it hard to trust people.
Thanks RFD I'm poor because of all the deals :cry: