Home & Garden

Just ONE 10-32 x 9/16 machine screw

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2017 12:53 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts

Just ONE 10-32 x 9/16 machine screw

I am looking for a 10-32 x 9/16 machine screw to replace a worn blade chuck screw on a vintage jigsaw.

I only need one and local hardware stores don't have it and any place online wants to sell me 250+ cnt.

Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks for the help, this is annoying, I am not a mechanical person.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1141 posts
I have been successful in getting one off hardware at Bolts Plus, The closest location to you would be:

Bolts Plus Cambridge
101 Sheldon Dr.
Cambridge, ON • N1R 6T6
P: 519-624-2455 • F: 519-624-3913 • TF: 1-877-620-2455
Monday to Friday: 7am-5pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
24068 posts
Socially Distanced
SquadG wrote: Home Depot usually has an aisle full of screws, bolts, etc that you can buy by the unit... I think the machines screws are sold in pack of 10 at a price of 2.97$.
True, many Home Hardwares have this as well, many you can buy single screws if you like.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2006
3551 posts
fastenal, brafasco or mcmaster carr should be able to help you find whatever it is you need.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11452 posts
Lowes has weird little drawers everyone ignores in the Hardware section until you need something like this
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4678 posts
+1 for the drawers at Lowes, small compartments at HD and small packs at HD and Lowes.

The thing that's tripping you up is probably the 9/16". Does it have to be 9/16"? I'm sure you can easily find a 3/4" or 1" one, so use washers or nuts to span the difference from 9/16" and you can still tighten it up and it'll just stick out slightly more than before. Or use a small hacksaw to cut it to 9/16".
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 19, 2008
7134 posts
Look for an allen screw if you don't find the right machine screw in those drawers.....might want to change to the allen screw anyways, they might be labelled as Grub Screws on the drawers.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
Thanks for all the leads guys, I am going to do a hardcore online search and then do a mission probably to bolts plus. I'll let you know where I got one. I think my last search was not going so well because I was also searching for fillister head, plus as jm1 said that odd length.