Computers & Electronics

Just ordered Fibe TV Only, and got Free Internet?

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 8:50 am
[OP]
May 7, 2017
2 posts

Just ordered Fibe TV Only, and got Free Internet?

I just got Fibe installed. Was planning on getting the Virgin $50 deal so declined Bell's overpriced Internet offerings. The installer came today, and left me with Internet as well as Fibe. Speed test is showing 19/10.

Is this a hack? Or am I going to get stuck with a bill later? My account shows no internet plan and explicitly declined Internet service.

Thanks for your input.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15304 posts
2210 upvotes
Toronto
FibeTV is delivered to customers via the Internet so I'm not surprised your have internet access. Have you tried to surf websites? Was the speedtest don using the modem's built-in speed test?
May 8, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
CAREFUL!!! Call Bell right away and ask them to cancel the wireless signal, Otherwise they will charge you for the internet use, they will say the signal is dormant regardless of you not signing for it. Happened to me and paid them $10 per gig, also you can't use the apps or Netflix. If you have an Apple Tv 4th gen you can't use bell fibe tv app, you have to use Bells internet. Hope this helps
[OP]
May 7, 2017
2 posts
Thanks for this... Actually I got a splash screen on my browser saying I'd used up my free internet, and yes, they would bend me over and rape me brutally for every kilobyte.

I guess I'll be getting that Virgin account after all, and hanging out at coffee shops until it's installed.

Oh well, it was too good to be true. Bell? Give something away? Hah!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5402 posts
5480 upvotes
Toronto
If you just have Fibe TV, you get a Fibe Internet account at 5/1 or 15/10 with 500MB/month, unless it's changed recently.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1100 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Can you get Bell Fibe without getting Bell internet?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9455 upvotes
wrigley wrote:
May 9th, 2017 10:14 pm
Can you get Bell Fibe without getting Bell internet?
Apparently yes
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1100 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote:
May 10th, 2017 12:16 am
Apparently yes
Called Bell and they said not all internet works with Fibe, probably feeding me BS.