Home & Garden

just wondering what do Korean families use to clean hard wood floors?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2021 1:37 pm
Jun 17, 2017
249 posts
35 upvotes

just wondering what do Korean families use to clean hard wood floors?

I've recently watched a korean drama and found that all of the household floors are super shiny and clean...
12 replies
Jul 4, 2021
376 posts
197 upvotes
GTA
maybe they apply varnish to their floors?

(am just venturing a guess - am not korean)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
Haha... it's a TV show, it's NOT REAL! The cleaning crew for the show cleans and shines it up.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Swiffer wet jet?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1741 posts
1040 upvotes
healsio wrote: I've recently watched a korean drama and found that all of the household floors are super shiny and clean...
They don't wear shoes in the house.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2944 upvotes
0 downvotes
shiny is not always good. Someone I know tried some kind of floor finish and it left a very slick coating on their hardwood floors it makes it very easy to slip which is not safe if your a grandparent, you can brake a bone when you fall.
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
Here’s a question…nevermind, I’ll get banned.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
Chickennbeans wrote: They don't wear shoes in the house.
What kind of monster wears shoes in the house?!

OP, they're cleaned for the show so they're spotless, and while I'm not familiar with Korean shows, they could have also chosen a shiny finish. Poly floors can use anything from matte finish to full gloss, and the current trend in NA is for satin or matte. If someone uses a glossier sheen it might stand out a bit on TV, though I don't recommend it for a house (darker stains will show every speck of dust, and lighter stains often look like a basketball court).
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
In the Kdramas, they just use water and a cloth and wipe floors down on their hands and knees. You only want damp cloth as wood doesn't like water. If you don't want to do it oldschool, mop and wring water out really well.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
In my experience Koreans do keep their floors very clean. When my Korean mother in law visits the first thing she does is get on her hands and knees and clean the floors. All day multiple times a day.

Whenever we visit in Korea, there is always someone on the floor wiping.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
healsio wrote: I've recently watched a korean drama and found that all of the household floors are super shiny and clean...
North Koreans or South Koreans?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)