1237 upvotes
Toronto, ON

10% off face masks for dogs

Deal Link:
Savings:
10%
Retailer:
K9Masks
I've been searching for face masks for dogs for times when I need to bring my dog indoors in public spots and came across a discount at K9Masks.

Choose the right size for your dog:

SMALL K9 MASK
Breed Examples: Yorkshire Terrier, Shih Tzu, Miniature Pinscher, Miniature Schnauzer. (Breeds which tend to be too small to wear this size mask: Toy Chihuahua, Brussels Griffon, Papillon.)
Muzzle Length: 1.6-2.8 inches (4.0-7.0 cm)
Muzzle Circumference: 4.5-6.5 inches (11.5-16.5 cm)
Note: If your dog's muzzle circumference is in between sizes we recommend you get the larger mask size for more panting space.

MEDIUM K9 MASK
Breed Examples: Spaniel, Schnauzer, Fox Terrier, Pinscher.
Muzzle Length: 2.8-4.3 inches (7-11 cm)
Muzzle Circumference: 7.0-9.0 inches (17.5-23.0 cm)
Note: If your dog's muzzle circumference is in between sizes we recommend you get the larger mask size for more panting space.

LARGE K9 MASK
Breed Examples: German Shepherd (small), Pointer, Dalmatian, Setter, Labrador, Retriever, Husky.
Muzzle Length: 3.7-4.7 inches (9.5-12 cm)
Muzzle Circumference: 9.0-13.0 inches (23.0-33.0 cm)
Last edited by RedStrikeCa on Sep 2nd, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1799 posts
1569 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The dog looks adorable

Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13317 posts
24558 upvotes
for times when I need to bring my dog indoors in public spots
Do you bring your pet in public smoky areas ? might want to leave pet home .
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4298 posts
3531 upvotes
GTA
Sometimes pets have bigger brains than owners.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2184 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote: Do you bring your pet in public smoky areas ? might want to leave pet home .
While I'm not vouching for this or any mask for pets in particular. It doesn't need to be smoky to be "bad" and also sometimes dogs need to go out for a walk.

those masks with n95 filters are/were very common for cyclists on big cities because of pollution, I imagine they're good call for places on the higher end of AQI due to wildfire too
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
May 17, 2017
644 posts
1586 upvotes
Is this an Onion article?
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3013 posts
4488 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Hmmm....

https://www.k9mask.com/pages/dogs-and-coronavirus

So I got curious if they have masks for our canine friends I wondered if there was something for cats. Chekced google and found this. Those masks sure look comfy on those cats. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/cats- ... s-in-china

...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Aug 27, 2012
532 posts
540 upvotes
Calgary
Skillshot wrote: Looks like a torture device
Exactly my feeling here too. Every time I see those poor dogs with shoes, sunglasses, sweaters, coats, hats and now I guess masks I feel terribly sorry for them…
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1363 posts
699 upvotes
GTA
pauliaK wrote: Exactly my feeling here too. Every time I see those poor dogs with shoes, sunglasses, sweaters, coats, hats and now I guess masks I feel terribly sorry for them…
Shoes makes sense when it's like -30 out, especially if the city is using a lot of salt.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1684 posts
1136 upvotes
pauliaK wrote: Exactly my feeling here too. Every time I see those poor dogs with shoes, sunglasses, sweaters, coats, hats and now I guess masks I feel terribly sorry for them…
Yeah? those son of a bltches are naked. :-)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3013 posts
4488 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Gr8irlbot wrote: Yeah? those son of a bltches are naked. :-)
MadCanadian wrote: Shoes makes sense when it's like -30 out, especially if the city is using a lot of salt.

https://www.petsbest.com/blog/dogs-wear-coats/

Do Dogs Need Coats? 4 Tips From a Vet

Dr. Jack Stephens
December 19, 2017

Which Types of Dogs Need Coats in the Winter?

Our furry friends still like to spend time outside during the colder winter months, but do they need protective clothing such as sweaters and coats? In most cases, the answer is no. Most dogs have enough fur to keep them warm outside during the winter.

When making the decision on whether to put warm winter clothing on your dog, consider the following:

your dog’s size
breed
the outside temperature

Here are four tips to help you determine when a dog should and shouldn’t wear a coat.
1. Small Dogs

Very small dogs have a harder time retaining body heat, so they may need a sweater or coat when outside for extended periods of time during the winter. If your dog is a short haired breed or a breed that is originally from a warm climate, they may also need cold weather wear. These breeds include dogs such as the Chinese Crested, Chihuahua and Italian Greyhound.
2. Dogs with Lots of Fur

Dogs that have long hair such as the Pomeranian, Chow Chow, Husky and Great Pyrenees do not need additional clothing during the winter.
3. Outside Temperature and Length of Time

Additionally, the outside temperature and length of time outside should also be considered when deciding whether or not your dog needs to wear a coat. Dogs in temperatures greater than 45 degrees typically do not need protective clothing. If your dog will only be outside for 10 minutes or less, they typically do not need any clothing except in extremely cold climates.
4. Don’t Wear Indoors

It is important to remember that coats and sweaters on dogs should only be worn if needed when they are outside in very cold weather. Dogs should not wear these clothing items in the house as they can overheat easily. Clothing items should always be removed from the pet after they are no longer needed to prevent chafing and irritation of the skin.
Related Article: 9 Reasons Dogs Lick Excessively

Remember to use your best judgment this winter on whether or not to put a coat on your dog. If you are unsure, just ask your veterinarian! Better yet, ask a veterinary expert day or night and save a trip to the vet with the Pets Best 24/7 Pet Helpline.

By Dr. Eva Evans, a veterinarian and writer for Pets Best, offering pet health insurance plans for dogs and cats across the U.S. since 2005.
Dr. Jack Stephens
Dr. Jack L. Stephens, president of Pets Best Insurance, founded pet insurance in the U.S. in 1981 with a mission to end euthanasia when pet owners couldn’t afford veterinary treatment. Dr. Stephens went on to present the first U.S. pet insurance policy to famous television dog, Lassie.

The booties and sweater/coats can be helpful in the winter pending what type of dog/cat you have, temps outside, and how long they will be outside. The sunglasses, dunno on that, could be useful as anyone that has spent time by the water knows the UV doubles when you're by the water.
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Sep 2nd, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3370 posts
3926 upvotes
Thanks OP, this thread isn't meant to be a joke thread, and there is factual data that dogs and cats, both can get infected with covid19. The only data not available or confirmed yet, is if the pets can pass it back to humans after contracting it.

Honestly, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Nov 25, 2015
95 posts
93 upvotes
Montr
Here for the comments, no way this is a serious thread lol
Apr 29, 2020
110 posts
386 upvotes
I put this on my dog and he said covid is 7 microns whereas the masks are 75 micron thus deeming the mask unnecessary. He also refuses to take the vaccine???? Should I mix it in his food? Bought some unapproved vaccine for cheap from a guy under the bridge - he says he's being used it for years, H-ero-in XX.
Feb 6, 2010
150 posts
28 upvotes
Norfolk County
Get vaxxed and live your life. This world has lost its mind.