• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2021 10:58 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 12, 2017
32 posts
40 upvotes

Kairos SPC Vinyl @ Costco

Anyone have experience with this floor. Its more expensive than Golden Select and when compared to Torlys it seems awfully similar. My hunch is Torlys is the manufacturer behind this exclusively for Costco. Can anyone confirm this?
6 replies
Sep 11, 2017
67 posts
59 upvotes
Also looking for some info since it's on sale and was considering picking it up. Would love to know whatever information anyone has found!
May 15, 2017
195 posts
169 upvotes
danny06 wrote: Anyone have experience with this floor. Its more expensive than Golden Select and when compared to Torlys it seems awfully similar. My hunch is Torlys is the manufacturer behind this exclusively for Costco. Can anyone confirm this?
Looks like it isn't exclusive to Costco. I'm still interested to see if anyone has any experience with it! What price is it in store?
Sep 11, 2017
67 posts
59 upvotes
Do you have a link to where else you're seeing it? Part of what's frustrating is that there's no manufacturer site and no online warranty information... and the contact e-mail is "costcoflooring@gmail.com"... super sketch.

Another Costco I visited had Versaclic @$37.99/box. Compare at $44.99 online.... and at least you can find a manufacturer website. (Made in Boucherville, Quebec.) No idea about the quality though.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1195 posts
194 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
I installed Kairos vinyl flooring I bought on sale from Costco (don't recall the exact type but it was one of the more expensive Kairos brands) directly on the concrete floor of most of my basement. For the most part I'm pleased. It's attractive and I had no problems installing it, thicker than other brands at comparable prices. But it is susceptible to scratches, more so than I realized at first. But in my experience all vinyl flooring is going to accumulate scratches and it's best not to get down on your knees and obsess about it - you won't see them normally. I did have a major issue in that the factory sent only only about two-thirds of my order and listed it on the waybill as the full order. Costco took care of everything and I got the missing packages a couple of weeks later. During this time, the factory got a hold of me directly and apologized so that was nice I guess.
"The world has moved on."
Roland the Gunslinger