Expired Hot Deals

[Kamakura Shirts / Maker's Shirts] [US Only] Kamakura Fine Shirts US Closing Sale - 30% - 80% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 5:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4519 posts
1776 upvotes
Ancaster

[US Only] Kamakura Fine Shirts US Closing Sale - 30% - 80% Off

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Kamakura Shirts / Maker's Shirts
I am hesitant to post this because people get flamed for US-only deals and menswear. Kamakura Fine Shirts has sadly become a victim of the pandemic and is closing their US store. Most shirts are ~$50 USD, which is a steal for what you get. Usually they are $90 - $140 USD each (or 7,700 - 9,900 yen if you are in Japan). Shipping is free over $138 and only ships to US addresses. All sales are final.
7 replies
Apr 1, 2009
138 posts
46 upvotes
Great deal. Their shirts were worth it at their regular price (but still a splurge) but at 50, its a steal. A big step up from Brook Brothers.
Dec 22, 2017
156 posts
64 upvotes
6ix
For some reason, I read Kamasutra...
Mar 1, 2012
934 posts
659 upvotes
Wow. Sad to see Kamakura closing down. Their shirts are absolute quality and worth every penny.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4519 posts
1776 upvotes
Ancaster
Masernaut wrote: Wow. Sad to see Kamakura closing down. Their shirts are absolute quality and worth every penny.
Their Asian stores aren’t going anywhere. It looks like it is just the US where they are hurting
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4519 posts
1776 upvotes
Ancaster
robbiemurray wrote: How do these compare to Eton shirts?
I have no experience with Eton shirts, but based on Eton's website, I'd say they are fairly comparable. Kamakura's basic shirt is a 200/4 and their highest-end shirt is a 400/4. All shirts are a minimum yarn count of 80 and are (of course) made in Japan. They use natural shell for their buttons, whereas Eton uses crushed MOP and fabricates buttons (due to the sheer volume they need). Kamakura uses 18-21 stitches per inch and Eton is 12-18. Eton is definitely more fashion forward than Kamakura. In terms of wear, I purchased five Kamakura shirts when I was in Tokyo in 2017 and they are still pristine. They are also much smaller than Eton and in typical Japanese fashion, very customer service focused.
Jan 4, 2014
294 posts
334 upvotes
Paris
GuruIT wrote: For some reason, I read Kamasutra...
I was scrolling and saw the original post and thought the same. Had to scroll back to confirm....